Author Topic: Romano vs "Blechmanstein" and Ron Harris  (Read 2243 times)

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
Romano vs "Blechmanstein" and Ron Harris
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
Poor Ron Harris.

:'(

Frankenstein Journalism      PDF      Print      E-mail
Written by John Romano   
Thursday, 19 February 2009 03:10

".....Yeah, hello?!.... Ron?!..... Ron?!!  Can you hear me?!!"

"Loud and clear, Steve.  Why are you yelling?"

"I can't hear on this damn phone..... Can you hear me?!"

"Yes, you're screaming..... Why don't you turn up the volume?"

"Yeah..... the volume..... ehhhhhh..... How do you.... Robbie!.....Robbie!!!!......  how do you turn up the damn volume on this thing?"...... (some fumbling and garbled words follow, then.....) Yeah.... Ron can you hear me? ......  Oh, that's better.....  Look, Ron, Lee Priest is going to do the Last Word....  But that was Romano's column.  For Lee, how do you like the name ‘Last Rights?"

Ron could give a shit about the name of the column.  First Dorian article, then Blechman's editorial, on top of all the other ghost writing he does, and now this? Inside Ron's head he's hearing, ‘cha-ching!' "Yeah, that's great Steve."

"Yeah... listen, we want to talk about moving forward and how this is now Lee's column and how he's going to be writing this column.... And it's going to be outrageous!!.... Yeah..... And MD is going to be better than ever!"

Ron hangs up the phone, opens a new page in Microsoft Word and 15 minutes later he hits the "save" button on an easy 500 bucks, all while Lee is still asleep.

I just read "Lee's Column" - MD was obviously so excited about replacing me with Lee Priest in the back of the book that they just couldn't wait for the magazine to hit the newsstand so they posted the new column on the boards. It was a good read.  Ron's work has a distinct style; so does Lee's (even without all the caps) but even though the by- line says Lee Priest, anybody can tell Lee didn't write it - as much for what it says as for how it's said.

I did, however, appreciate being compared to Bon Scott.  That was pretty cool.  But MD ain't no AC/DC.  Not by a long shot.  In the late 70s, Bon, Angus, and the rest of the boys put out a style of rock that was about as brutally honest as you could get.  Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell - that genre of music was gutsy, bold and honest.  True hardcore rock'n roll!  It wasn't pretty, but it was real.  A magazine publisher building an editorial out of pieces of different people is closer in comparison to a story by Marry Shelley, not a rock band like AC/DC.  It kind of reminds me of that line by Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder when he said, "I'm playing a dude, playing a dude. . .playing a dude."  In MD's case it's one dude telling another dude what a dude is saying.  It's similar to what they just recently did with an article that was written by Dennis Wolfe in which he denounces a low-carb diet.  Unless Dennis has been using the Rosetta Stone course on English, on top of forgetting everything Chad told him, it's just another example of MD's "Frankenstein Journalism".   Something you'll see a lot of in a publication billed as "no bull."

But, hey, a winning formula is a winning formula.  And I'm sure Lee will have his name on some mighty fine writing moving forward. And that's really nice.  Seeing Lee's name in my old spot put some serious closure to the fact that I'm not there anymore.  And it made me really appreciate where I am today. I'm so glad I no longer reside in that land of "no bull" contradiction.  However, as the editorial says, the show will go on.  The sky is not falling, and MD will likely endure.  How well, is anyone's guess. Especially when you remember those famous lines by Abe Lincoln: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". . .especially when your mantra is "no bull."
Enjoy your dish...

body88

Re: Romano vs "Blechmanstein" and Ron Harris
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 11:57:35 AM »
This Ramono guy is melting all over the place since that short gay dude canned his ass, aahahahaha.  Pretty sure MD does millions in print dollars and Romano runs some shithole website that no one cares about.  Fuck them all.

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
Sour grapes.

Romano literally has fuck all going on. Atleast Dave Preps guys and owns a supplement brand.

John needs to get hired by a magazine asap.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
maybe Ron Harris likes being Bleachmon's errand/blowjob boy.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:48:50 PM »
I guess he's still a little bitter about being stupid enough to work without a contract...thus denying him the severance.

His insights on office politics and chain of command are either second hand or third rate.  He did admit that he never went into the office.  Maybe this is how it was with him...but that doesn't necessarily translate into how it really is.

Romano should take the high road.  For a guy that stated on his radio show that he was moving on and was optimistic about the future...he certainly has a one track mind.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »
No offense, John

but YOU were the Blechman's YES MAN and did a lot of his dirty work over the years.

Can you at least admit to that Mr. No Bull?

Can you public apologize for screwing all the guys you did in the name of Blechman over the years?

Now that would show some class.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
That didn't work out very well.  Ron Harris took the article as an insult and brought up reasonable points as to why Romano would even write the thing.  It's a writing sysytem that Romano either developed & endorsed in his long term as editor of MD.  Slamming it now is pretty weak.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:36:08 PM »
are all of you guys inferring that Ron Harris loves 1/4 reps and washing Bleachmon's underwear?

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
'Steve Blackman'

Kevin Levrone

the big fan

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 02:52:04 PM »
better than the old days  when the  athlete was never interviewed  .

I remember Chuck Williams had tremendous arms  and Flex mag was doing a bicep article .they wanted to photograph his routine. Problem was  he never did biceps. So the photographer told him what exercises to do.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
'Steve Blackman'

Kevin Levrone
I think Levrone is losing it big time.
he seems strung out on every interview he does.

I can't imagine him talking to Hollywood producers

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 03:53:08 AM »
I think Levrone is losing it big time.
he seems strung out on every interview he does.

I can't imagine him talking to Hollywood producers

Levrone is always making silly comments that make no sense; obviously not the brightest bulb in the pack

"Steve Blackman"

Kevin Levrone

the big fan

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »
There is no John Romano    very little inner core   a trendy guy who takes on the personilty of what ever way he dresses .

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
your giving those MD fags to much attention....just let them die off already...
K