Author Topic: Arnold...  (Read 44429 times)

bigmo6891

• Getbig III
  • wus real good
Arnold...
« on: March 19, 2005, 10:22:27 AM »
what do you guys think of Arnold the Great
Never Big Enough

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Arnold...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:57:51 AM »
Great- but not as great as some people hype him up to be.
X

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 11:08:27 AM »
Great and in his peak actually better than I thought.   Legs not half as bad as people think.  Upper body still world class, pretty darn aesthetic, perfect skin, no gut.  A little weak in the front lat spread as his pecs overshadow his delts, abs a little lacking but generally I bet we would all have liked to have looked like Arnold over 95% of other champs.  Side chest and front dbl bi were as good as any ever and I mean from head to toe.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:47:32 PM »
Arnold?         The best bodybuilding champion ever! ;D
h

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 03:51:26 AM »
Arnie had some big flaws. Very uneven biceps, his right arm had a huge egg shaped peak but his left arm was kinda flat. Almost never do you see him do a straight on dubble bi shot. He does do a rear dubble bi shot that hides his weaker left arm.  Some of the worst sloped shoulder around. Not to say he had bad shoulder development just not the best genetics in the world- he was no Scott Wilson. Just my opinion
X

aikido2917

• Getbig III
  • Wear your skin one size too small!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »
He is one of my favorite bodybuilder's ever... also my biggest inspiration to hit the stage myself.  Awesome Lines and size while still keeping his shape

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 10:26:45 PM »

Arnold is by far the number one persona in bodybuilding today and when he was the Mr. Olympia.  He brought in a new level, one which raised the bar, and then, even after he finished competing in the pro ranks, kept in the bodybuilding industry by helping to promote a contest, and keeping in the publics eye even to this day. 

From a humble bodybuilder to a powerful movie star, to a stern business owner, to the governor of California, by far the most famous bodybuilder of them all.

To this day, his covers outsell many others, Physical Magazine has thier annual cover, and Muscle & Fitness has theirs too. He is probably one of the most prolific bodybuilder and should have the most covers too.

Monkeypower

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 07:20:01 PM »
among non-professional weightlifters he probably had the most desirable physique of all time. he was huge, muscular, proportional and aesthetic but not extremely veiny or 'freaky'.
i still believe he had the most perfect biceps and chest of all time.

i also grew up watching his movies. he was like a god to us little kids. he was huge and tough and could beat up anyone or shoot his way out of anything. ive been a fan of arnold longer than i can remember. now hes the governor. his story is unbelievable.

619Rules

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 09:08:30 PM »
i also grew up watching his movies. he was like a god to us little kids. he was huge and tough and could beat up anyone or shoot his way out of anything. 
His best movie of course is Hercules in New York (Europe=Hercules Goes Bananas)....they had to dub  big A's voice-but it is a classic......

Some of you might not have seen this film b/c Aronld had a stage name-look for Arnold Strong at the video stores....

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 08:03:43 AM »
It always amases me that one can have such big muscles but yet was able to have a slim waste like he had. If you would meet him back in the days with his clothes on you wouldn't be impressed by his size, but when he took them of and flexed you would be amazed how big he really was!!!!! 
?

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 12:19:33 AM »

He's the man who succeeds in almost everything he gets involved. Some of his latter movies were bad or at least nothing special (Collateral Damage, End of Days etc.), but he was/is still considered as one of the biggest names in Hollywood, the king of action movies etc. , but not a fallen muscleman. I mean, see what happened to his contemporary rivals from the '80s and '90s - where is Van Damme, Seagal, or Stallone? They've been on the way out for years...

Slick Vic

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 07:48:56 AM »
Arnie had some big flaws. Very uneven biceps, his right arm had a huge egg shaped peak but his left arm was kinda flat. Almost never do you see him do a straight on dubble bi shot. He does do a rear dubble bi shot that hides his weaker left arm.  Some of the worst sloped shoulder around. Not to say he had bad shoulder development just not the best genetics in the world- he was no Scott Wilson.
And STILL has 7 Mr. Olympia titles, 5 Mr. Universe, and a Mr. World. Imagine that.  :P

Dr. Xavier

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »
Arnold had a persona that filled the entire stage. He “owned” his competitors and defeated them not only physically, but mentally as well. He used his intelligence to create doubt in others. Bodybuilders can get pretty self conscious about themselves. Arnold saw that as a weakness and exploited it.  Pretty powerful stuff.

Not only did he have a physique that was ahead of his time, he knew how to show it off as well. Arnold knew how to minimize his flaws. He knew how to do a front double bi pose and hide his smaller arm. He did a lot of twisting shots to make his V taper seen even more pronounced. He blew up his calves to hide his relatively mediocre quads and hams.

All in all, pretty amazing athlete…

Slick Vic

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »
Arnie had some big flaws. Very uneven biceps, his right arm had a huge egg shaped peak but his left arm was kinda flat. Almost never do you see him do a straight on dubble bi shot. He does do a rear dubble bi shot that hides his weaker left arm.  Some of the worst sloped shoulder around. Not to say he had bad shoulder development just not the best genetics in the world- he was no Scott Wilson. Just my opinion
How the hell did this guy win 5 Mr. Universe, 7 Mr. Olympia, and a Mr. World??? I don't get it.  ::)
The man was awesome.  ;D

619Rules

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 03:14:04 PM »
How the hell did this guy win 5 Mr. Universe, 7 Mr. Olympia, and a Mr. World??? I don't get it.  ::)
The man was awesome.  ;D
Arnie only WON 6 Mr Olympia's-you can't count the Sydney 1980 Mr O.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 05:37:10 PM »
Arnie only WON 6 Mr Olympia's-you can't count the Sydney 1980 Mr O.

Well.....

The Sandow is on his mantlepiece.

619Rules

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 09:03:45 PM »
Well.....

The Sandow is on his mantlepiece.

Actually, it is not there....

After Arnold was booed off the stage he broke the Sandow, and Zane smashed his 3rd place trophy as well.....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 09:10:23 PM »

After Arnold was booed off the stage he broke the Sandow, and Zane smashed his 3rd place trophy as well.....

lmao...

find me something to read about this.

I need a good laugh.

I def. can see Zane doing that.   He's such a whiner & has such a pissy attitude.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 02:04:57 AM »

Is this a true story?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

kid_geniousaa

• Getbig I
  • SET YOURSELF AS THE STANDARD
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 01:44:58 PM »

who the hell are you???? arnie had some big flaws..........you've got to be kidding.  dude show respect where it is due.
LISTEN TO ALL, BUT FOLLOW NO ONE ABSOLUTELY

body88

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 02:49:16 PM »
who the hell are you???? arnie had some big flaws..........you've got to be kidding.  dude show respect where it is due.

What the guy cant have an opinion? He wasn't attacking him. The question is WHO the hell are you asshole.

As for Arnold i would love to have a physique like him. He was incredable

619Rules

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »
(as a small kid voice) I seen Arnold naked! I seen Arnold naked!  He scared me. 

The old showers at Worlds were gang showers so I couldn't help it. 

I like the story where you saw the McDish naked in the showers------now that is a story!

lilian

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 12:09:06 AM »
As Gene Mozee said, Arnold wouldn't be absolutely nothing without roids....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 12:39:17 AM »
Arnold actually had a wide waist.  But from front to back he was thin.  Of course I would love to has HIS wide waist now (i mean his old one)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2005, 12:41:13 AM »
Stunt get some more pics up of Arnold.  Arnold lived with Stunt while in Hawaii way back.  He has the best stories