Author Topic: Fastest you have gone in a car  (Read 27989 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Fastest you have gone in a car
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Stock Supra's could run in the mid 13s I've seen it done at the drags many times

All I know is I've decisively beaten imports that claim stock 1/4 mile times that are faster than what Pontiac published for the LT1 Trans Am.  Perhaps GM is conservative in their published 1/4 mile claims.  It is a fact that they do under-quote stock horsepower of their muscle cars.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
Ever hear of a ball bearing turbo? turbo lag is pretty much reduced to a minimum

The X6 5.0i has ingenius setup where the exhaust ports are on the inside of the V8, so that the turbos are closer, yet those who have tested say there is noticable Turbo lag. I believe they use Mitsu turbos as well.

I like the Supra, but it's getting hard to find a unmolested one, Gen X and Y tend to f-up things and then roll on to the next, treating cars like rolling Big Macs.
 Same with the E46 M3's. I saw a guy show off his chipped M3 and blew the engine. He got another and did stuff to the already stressed engine, and yep, f-up that one...That is two M3's he went thru... :'( 

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »
I thought you were Kevin Nee  :-\
talk to me when you post your pics fag
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
Z06s have 505hp in the engine not in RW

[/quote  wrong lady i own one and made over 500 in stock trim.  I love you losers that read road and track and think you know something lol
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »
Research the Crossfire....

3.2 SLK Drivetrain, engine, brakes, ECU...you know Mercedes...but I figured you would know that....sincde you seem to think you know EVERYTHING about cars  ???

::)
so because you got some mercedes parts you claim its a mercedes. its a girls sports car made by dodge loser.   come see me when your sportting a sl55 or better
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »
Oh please that car would be lucky to break 14 seconds. A stock auto LT1 camaro is a mid 14 second car. A stock Supra is mid to low 13s stock.
mt stock 95 trans am ran 13.6s with a cold air intake on street tires
I

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »
Oh please that car would be lucky to break 14 seconds. A stock auto LT1 camaro is a mid 14 second car. A stock Supra is mid to low 13s stock.

LT1's were high 13 sec(Z28,Formula) maybe a few were low 14 sec cars due to extreme tire spinning.  You obviously know nothing about either cars because you dont drive an LT1 or a Supra.  You probably drive a Ford Probe or  Miata.  Stock  LT1 Z's and TA's could best most cars on the road during the 90's now days it's a different story, but during their time they were bad ass.

LT1's sounded amazing, IMO one of the best sounding GM engines ever.  My LS1 doesn't sound anywhere as deep and throaty and it has Longtube headers/full exhaust as an LT1 with a flowmaster muffler.

Supras are cool, but if we are talking stock they are nothing that special.  Any car can be modded to beat Vipers etc.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »
LT1's were high 13 sec(Z28,Formula) maybe a few were low 14 sec cars due to extreme tire spinning.  You obviously know nothing about either cars because you dont drive an LT1 or a Supra.  You probably drive a Ford Probe or  Miata.  Stock  LT1 Z's and TA's could best most cars on the road during the 90's now days it's a different story, but during their time they were bad ass.

LT1's sounded amazing, IMO one of the best sounding GM engines ever.  My LS1 doesn't sound anywhere as deep and throaty and it has Longtube headers/full exhaust as an LT1 with a flowmaster muffler.

Supras are cool, but if we are talking stock they are nothing that special.  Any car can be modded to beat Vipers etc.

I drive a 400hp STI you fucking retard, a auto stock LT1 does nothing faster than a low to mid 14 second pass. A 6spd LT1 can run a high 13 at best. The SS LT1 from 96 was able to run 13.6 or so stock, I have a friend with a stock Supra that ran 13.1 on street tires. In the mid 90s the Supra and 3000GT were just as fast or faster than the Mustang or Camaro, you had to buy a Zr1 or a Viper to find a faster domestic.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
I drive a 400hp STI you fucking retard, a auto stock LT1 does nothing faster than a low to mid 14 second pass. A 6spd LT1 can run a high 13 at best. The SS LT1 from 96 was able to run 13.6 or so stock, I have a friend with a stock Supra that ran 13.1 on street tires. In the mid 90s the Supra and 3000GT were just as fast or faster than the Mustang or Camaro, you had to buy a Zr1 or a Viper to find a faster domestic.
you seem angry
I

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2009, 07:46:51 PM »
Ok smart guy..go and look for a Supra STOCK with 65k miles on it TODAY and tell me how much you pay ?? I can help you out, around 28K-34K you wont find it ANY cheaper. So I would say I got a hell of a deal and Supra's have gone UP in value not down...resale on those things is stupid.. I cannot believe what some people pay for them..

There's one with 46k miles on eBay for $15k right now.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »
About 130mph back when I had my 2002 WS6, this moron in  VW GTI wanted to race me on the highway I had to show him that there is no replacement for displacement. Nowadays I have a tahoe and if I go over a hundred I feel like an immature kid that hasnt grown up

haha me too my fastest is 155 riding in an STi and 145 driving. I did bury my speedo a few times on my old 04v8 dakota with 32s on it that was scary

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »

Yikes, I like the name calling. Your obviously an keyboard drag racer and tough guy.  Like you just said the mid 90s supra and 3000gt were just as fast etc as the fbody meaning it wasn't that much of a difference.   A subaru, :-X, like I said anyone can mod a car to get those numbers and I highly doubt you have 400hp(just because you seem like a bull shitter), those cars are very fugly.  I am not arguing that they can move and traction is why, but whats the point in having all that power when a car looks as bad as that.  It's like a fat chic with a great personality....no one cares whats on the inside when the outside looks like that. 

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
Yikes, I like the name calling. Your obviously an keyboard drag racer and tough guy.  Like you just said the mid 90s supra and 3000gt were just as fast etc as the fbody meaning it wasn't that much of a difference.   A subaru, :-X, like I said anyone can mod a car to get those numbers and I highly doubt you have 400hp(just because you seem like a bull shitter), those cars are very fugly.  I am not arguing that they can move and traction is why, but whats the point in having all that power when a car looks as bad as that.  It's like a fat chic with a great personality....no one cares whats on the inside when the outside looks like that. 
amen
I

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »
amen

Thanks bud 8)  Someone who understands :)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:07 AM »
There's one with 46k miles on eBay for $15k right now.

Thats the BID you idiot or has a salvage title...it won't sale for that.  Also if you don't know that there are SCAMMERS on ebay that purposely put prices on cars like that to try and rip people off you need to get off the internet....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »
My maserati does 185.I lost my licence now I don't drive.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2009, 08:21:24 AM »
I love those modified Supras.  Those 900+ horsepower ones.  I raced one on the highway and it put buses on me immediately(I was running all motor h/c at the time).  Then, they go to the track and run 13s and high 12s all day, lol.

The fastest I've ever gone in my ls1 TA was around 155 mph on Alligator Alley(yea, very stupid, stupid thing to do), racing an ST1 of all things.

Besides, who the fuck still has a stock LT1 car, especially if they race it?  Yes, they are a bit of a dog bone stock, but it takes very little in mods to make it run deep 12s/high 11s.  Hell, there are cam-only LS1 f-bods that run low to mid 10s.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2009, 09:08:15 AM »

Thats the BID you idiot or has a salvage title...it won't sale for that.  Also if you don't know that there are SCAMMERS on ebay that purposely put prices on cars like that to try and rip people off you need to get off the internet....

Easy there tiger, don't start getting pissy just cos you're wrong.  Here's another one from a dealer.  1998, 71k miles, totally original, just under $12k.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
Easy there tiger, don't start getting pissy just cos you're wrong.  Here's another one from a dealer.  1998, 71k miles, totally original, just under $12k.

THATS AN NA...NON TWIN TURBO, you lose, thanks for playing   ;D

MAJOR FAIL....

If you see a Supra for that price 100% of them time it will be an NA or a Salvage title car..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1994-Toyota-Supra-Turbo_W0QQitemZ110352624454QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item110352624454&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

That is an example of nice stock Twin turbo with low miles a for a good price, 25,900 is a good price..The blue one on the bottom has a questionable title and has had the original engine replaced...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »

Who gives a shit how fast you went ? what really matters is How long did it take you to get there?

P.S. I hate imports. Anything with a fart can and wing should be crushed.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

It's tough to find a supra that has been left alone.  I like those cars when they came off the factory floor.  Now douche bags are adding fart cans, bodykits huge wheels and nasty paint.  The supra has been ruined.  I like the ones that have been left alone.  BTW those are the ones that are worth the most cash because resale on one of those fast and furious cars cant be too good.

For the one listed for 12K, people just pull out the stock turbo and put in a new one anyway so why invest all that money into a turbo supra?  I remember when I had a video game called the need for speed and I would use the supra and C5.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
I encourage you all to buy domestic
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
Stock Supra's could run in the mid 13s I've seen it done at the drags many times
not true they barely get into the 14s

I love those modified Supras.  Those 900+ horsepower ones.  I raced one on the highway and it put buses on me immediately(I was running all motor h/c at the time).  Then, they go to the track and run 13s and high 12s all day, lol.

exactly who cares about how much horsepower the car makes if it still runs 12s.   
I

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2009, 11:20:18 AM »
not true they barely get into the 14s

exactly who cares about how much horsepower the car makes if it still runs 12s.   

::)

linden

• Getbig II
  • THe Legend
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »