On this day in history in ....
1987 - WWF ran at Madison Square Garden in New York City with the following results:
- Paul Roma defeated Salvatore Bellomo.
- Demolition defeated The Islanders.
- Koko B. Ware defeated Sika.
- Tito Santana vs. Butch Reed ended in a double DQ.
- WWF World Tag Team Champions The Hart Foundation defeated The Killer Bees.
- Outback Jack defeated Barry O.
- Jake Roberts defeated King Kong Bundy via countout.
- Honky Tonk Man defeated Pedro Morales.
- Roddy Piper, Junkyard Dog & Ricky Steamboat defeated Randy Savage, Adrian Adonis & Harley Race in an elimination match. Adonis & Dog fought to a double countout. Race pinned Steamboat when Savage turned them over as Steamboat had Race pinned with a small package. Piper pinned Race after Savage accidentally hit him. Piper pinned Savage with a small package after Savage missed a top rope elbow. This was Piper's final MSG match before his Wrestlemania III retirement.
1990 - WWF broadcast their third (and last) prime time Main Event special on NBC from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan, earning a 12.8 rating. The broadcast featured two matches, and ended up having a major monkeywrench thrown into the works when Mike Tyson, scheduled to referee the Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage match, lost the World Heavyweight Title to Buster Douglas in Tokyo. Tyson pulled out of the appearance, and WWF managed to sign Douglas to take his spot.
- WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Randy Savage with a legdrop. After the match, Savage shoved Douglas, who knocked out Savage with two punches.
- Intercontinental Champion Ultimate Warrior defeated Dino Bravo with a press slam and splash. After the match, Earthquake attacked Warrior, but Hulk Hogan came out to even the odds.
1992 - WWF ran at Madison Square Garden in New York City with the following results:
- The Berzerker defeated Jim Brunzell.
- The Nasty Boys defeated The Bushwackers.
- The Warlord defeated Chris Walker.
- Sid Justice defeated Hercules with a powerbomb in less than 30 seconds.
- Intercontinental Champion Roddy Piper defeated Repo Man.
- Undertaker defeated Davey Boy Smith.
- Rick Martel defeated Big Bossman.
- Sid Justice won a battle royale by eliminating Hulk Hogan. Justice was actually eliminated by Hogan, but the referee was knocked out. Justice knocked out Hogan from behind with Harvey Whippleman's bag, and rolled him to the floor. When the referee woke up, he saw Hogan on the floor and ended the match.
2003 - WWE held No Way Out in Montreal, Quebec with the following results:
- Rey Mysterio defeated Jamie Noble with a West Coast Pop. This match aired on Sunday Night Heat.
- Chris Jericho defeated Jeff Hardy with the Walls Of Jericho after reversing a top rope rana into a powerbomb.
- World Tag Team Champions William Regal & Lance Storm defeated Rob Van Dam & Kane when Regal pinned Van Dam after Kane, who had his mask turned around on him, accidentally chokeslammed Van Dam.
- Matt Hardy defeated Billy Kidman to win the Cruiserweight Title with a Twist of Fate off the ropes.
- The Undertaker defeated The Big Show with a triangle choke.
- Brock Lesnar & Chris Benoit defeated Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas when Benoit forced Haas to submit to the Crippler Crossface.
- World Champion Triple H defeated Scott Steiner after hitting him with the title belt and giving him the Pedigree.
- Steve Austin defeated Eric Bischoff after three Stunners.
- The Rock pinned Hulk Hogan with a Rock Bottom after a chair shot and help from referee Sylvan Grenier and Vince McMahon.
2004 - During an edition of Raw from Omaha, Nebraska, Victoria defeated champion Molly Holly, Jazz and Lita in an elimination match to win the WWE Women's Title. Lita pinned Jazz with a DDT. Victoria pinned Molly with a rollup as Molly was going to pin Lita. Victoria pinned Lita with the Widow's Peak. Also on the show, Vince McMahon vs. Eric Bischoff ended in a no-contest after only a few minutes as Brock Lesnar attack special referee Steve Austin.