Author Topic: Who here wrestles or used to wrestle  (Read 5629 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Who here wrestles or used to wrestle
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »
Any of you guys ever wrestle in high school or collage ? 

Or has any of you guys ever wrestled professionally on the Indies or anything like that.
I know of a couple of guys on here that do or did.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
Re: Who here wrestles or used to wrestle
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »
I have wrestled professionally since 2002 in the UK but a 8 concussions and a stroke, 2 reconstructive surgeries on my knees and other bumps and bruises have slowed me down and really fucked up my progress.

I achieved my biggest goal by actually wrestling again after having the stroke and losing 80% strength down the right side of my body. I only do tag now to limit my ringtime but I still need the buzz of going out there and working infront of a full house, theres not a better feeling in the world...Im just not in the best shape I can be but hopefully in the next few months that will change. Ive had the pleasure of working with some cool guys like Mick Foley, Raven, Steve Corino etc and still work for 1PW which is one of the biggest promotions in the UK.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »
I have wrestled professionally since 2002 in the UK but a 8 concussions and a stroke, 2 reconstructive surgeries on my knees and other bumps and bruises have slowed me down and really fucked up my progress.

I achieved my biggest goal by actually wrestling again after having the stroke and losing 80% strength down the right side of my body. I only do tag now to limit my ringtime but I still need the buzz of going out there and working infront of a full house, theres not a better feeling in the world...Im just not in the best shape I can be but hopefully in the next few months that will change. Ive had the pleasure of working with some cool guys like Mick Foley, Raven, Steve Corino etc and still work for 1PW which is one of the biggest promotions in the UK.

Wow good story.  Keep your self well.

northernlights

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:06:14 PM »

What name do you wrestle under? I have actually seen some 1PW stuff online. Pretty good stuff.

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »
I wrestled in high school and college (UMASS).  Around 189 lbs. in high school and 197 lbs. in college.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
wrestled in high school some of the hardest training I have ever done

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
wrestled in high school some of the hardest training I have ever done

I totally agree.  Wrestling was brutal.  I remember my first week of college, I kept saying to myself "Dude, what the fuck were you thinking?"

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »
I love wrestling. If it were not for that I would not have been motivated in High School to do much of anything.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
Wrestled in high school but didn't take it too seriously.

Got into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu about 12 years ago and have been doing it on and off ever since.

At this point in my early 40s, it's hard to justify making BJJ a top priority.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
What name do you wrestle under? I have actually seen some 1PW stuff online. Pretty good stuff.

I wrestle in the Tag team Pain Inc.Ruffneck is my wrestling name, I wont be back in 1PW till after April but ive been doing some smaller shows in the UK.

Like I mentioned before theres too much bollocks and politics in it nowadays, all I ever wanted to do was go out there and entertain to the best of my ability to the fans that paid their money to see the show. A lot of these fuckers attitudes and egos stink to high heaven and they dont give a fuck about whats good for fans or the business its all about self gratification.....id have given anything to have been part of the business 30 years ago where the old school attitude was alive and well.

There is some good people in wrestling but you have to look harder and harder everyday and sift theough the twats and pussyholes to find them......Theres still not a better buzz in the world though and thats why I cant quit.

and heres me doing the Stone Cold Impression - this is on Daily Motion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ruffneck/video/x5ewdf_ruffneck-does-austin_sport

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
I wrestle in the Tag team Pain Inc.Ruffneck is my wrestling name, I wont be back in 1PW till after April but ive been doing some smaller shows in the UK.

Like I mentioned before theres too much bollocks and politics in it nowadays, all I ever wanted to do was go out there and entertain to the best of my ability to the fans that paid their money to see the show. A lot of these fuckers attitudes and egos stink to high heaven and they dont give a fuck about whats good for fans or the business its all about self gratification.....id have given anything to have been part of the business 30 years ago where the old school attitude was alive and well.

There is some good people in wrestling but you have to look harder and harder everyday and sift theough the twats and pussyholes to find them......Theres still not a better buzz in the world though and thats why I cant quit.

and heres me doing the Stone Cold Impression - this is on Daily Motion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/ruffneck/video/x5ewdf_ruffneck-does-austin_sport

You guys look good. I could see your team doing real well in the WWE or TNA.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »
Im very realistic, I know what my place is in wrestling and thats midcard especially with all the injuries ive had but im cool with it. Im happy getting people over and doing what I can to help out guys that need that extra push. I am what you call limited in the ring in the sense that I cant do Hurancanranas or fly around like a mexican jumping bean, nor can I put on a technical wresting clinic either but what I can do is look believable and make shit look likes it hurts and brawl like a grade A nasty bastard lol. More importantly I can work a crowd which is the hardest part of wrestling in my opinion.

Id have loved to have wrestled in Japan, I love the strong style way of wrestling over there.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
I totally agree.  Wrestling was brutal.  I remember my first week of college, I kept saying to myself "Dude, what the fuck were you thinking?"

haha after my 1st day I woke up and realized "this is not going to be easy" I couldnt hardly walk that day. I hurt in places that I didnt realize I could be sore.

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »
I wrestle in Indy show in north Canada under the name Maxxx Testosterone ...... I know not a soo good name but I use it for so many years now......
Myghty_max@hotmail.c

saxon4

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
I will be wrestling in Beeville Tx this saturday.

Whitefeather

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
I wrestled in high school because of somewhat of a bet. Told a wrestler that if the guy about to wrestle won I would join the team. He hadn't won a match all year I think until that night. So I kept my word and joined the team.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:22 AM »
I will be wrestling in Beeville Tx this saturday.

Cool beans I live in Dallas.  What name do wrestle under ?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
I trained and worked briefly with a Northeast Indy promotion about 5 years ago.

saxon4

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »
I will wrestling in adkins Tx this saturday in a Tx death match with San Antonio talent Showtime Scott Summers @ The Tx pride bbq

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »
I will wrestling in adkins Tx this saturday in a Tx death match with San Antonio talent Showtime Scott Summers @ The Tx pride bbq

Very cool. If there is video after it would be great for you to post it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »
once when i was in college early 70's i helped put the ring up and took it down in allentown pa, the guy was impressed when i carried two of the ring posts at once out to the truck asked if i ever thought about wrestling. having just seen fred blassie bite, blade? a guy  i told him no. i think the guy said his name was dominic.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »
once when i was in college early 70's i helped put the ring up and took it down in allentown pa, the guy was impressed when i carried two of the ring posts at once out to the truck asked if i ever thought about wrestling. having just seen fred blassie bite, blade? a guy  i told him no. i think the guy said his name was dominic.

That was probably Dom Denucci.
He trained a lot of guys as recently as the 80's - two of his more famous students include Mick Foley and Shane Douglas.

Dominic had a "school" around Beaver, PA (Freedom, I think), but it closed down years ago due to insurance issues - so I've heard.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »
i used to be a worker

quick fact- i gave matt striker his gimmick name

go ahead- ask for the story

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »
btw, the irony of all ironies is that now that i stop "working" i actually enjoy watching wrestling- mostly independents like CHIKARA