Author Topic: How we got into the mess we are in....  (Read 1178 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
How we got into the mess we are in....
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:27:24 PM »
This sums it all up!!!  Best explanation I've heard to date.

http://vimeo.com/3261363?pg=embed&sec=

oh, yeah....Thank you President Clinton.   ::)

Purge_WTF

Re: How we got into the mess we are in....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 12:06:10 AM »
  There's plenty of blame to go around--Republicans who let greedy businessmen run wild like kids with ADD, and bleeding heart Liberals who gave out loans to people who work at Burger King to buy $500K houses with.

Chevron427

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:36:08 AM »
You do realize those people who went for the loans didn't have to, no body made them and they didnt have to move out when things got tough, I think the American people have a lot to answer for this mess as much as the banks.....maybe stupidity is inbred I'm not sure?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
You do realize those people who went for the loans didn't have to, no body made them and they didnt have to move out when things got tough, I think the American people have a lot to answer for this mess as much as the banks.....maybe stupidity is inbred I'm not sure?

The American people should be held responsible; the idiocy of buying ridiculously priced houses isn't the governments responsibility - but they did create the situation by demanding banks loan to high risk individuals via a strange logic thinking it would take them out of their poverty.

People on here bitch and moan about "Big Brother" but in reality it must be what they want because they also blame the government when things go shits up and their minimum wage job can't pay the mortgage on their half million dollar house - they're calling for the government to treat them like babies; telling them when to eat, how much they can afford and giving them pocket money etc.

Not saying the government / banks aren't absolute scum (they are) just saying the idiocy of the populace didn't help things. You could argue the government / banks deceived by providing the platform for uncontrolled lending to the poor; but it's gone on too long for them to take all the blame.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal.   :(
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:31:01 AM »
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal.   :(

See, I don't undderstand that.

I thought they made the videos for people to see? Why prevent that?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »
See, I don't undderstand that.

I thought they made the videos for people to see? Why prevent that?

They want people to see them on their channel, where they can get the ad revenue
and the hits that allow them to charge more for ads on their channel.
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »
They want people to see them on their channel, where they can get the ad revenue
and the hits that allow them to charge more for ads on their channel.

Aah, that makes sense.

Thanks.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
fixed:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/59026/cnbc-originals-house-of-cards

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Clinton policies certainly are to blame for some of it.

The repubs lack of action to do anything about it when they had full control also is to blame

And just think of how much the trillions we spent in Iraq would have helped us now. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:34 AM »
Clinton policies certainly are to blame for some of it.

The repubs lack of action to do anything about it when they had full control also is to blame

And just think of how much the trillions we spent in Iraq would have helped us now. 

Holy shit,

Haven't seen you in awhile...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
fixed:

WOW Hugo...This was GOOD STUFF. I had to email the link to many people to make them aware of what I have been saying is the REAL reson for this financial disaster going on in america and the world. I have said a thousand times that the BS being given on the american news stations is a cover for the real thieves who have walked away with literally trillions. The home owner had othing to do witht he scam that was pulled on them..yeah  some became greedy once they had their home and found out they could borrow agaisnt a fake elevated home value, but the real fraud occured with lending institutions lied to make home owners salaries more than what they were... and once the home owner was in the home for a few years, they dropped a bomb on them by doubling, tripling and even quadrupling the mortgage rate ...effectively making it impossible for anyone to keep their home. SAD SAD SAD!!!!  Once again the america charlatan has crafted another get rich scheme that made some rich at the cost of destroying many....maybe even the whole world.

Thanks again for posting this info....
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »
Holy shit,

Haven't seen you in awhile...

yeah i know,  been arguing on the religion board.   

Talking politics right now is too depressing.  Everything is so f-cked.  I heard on the radio today that 3 billion of the stimulus package is for C.O.P.S and some other government program that both have been proved to be ineffective, yet 3 billion?

That's why they say, the best way to be immortal is to become a government program.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »
yeah i know,  been arguing on the religion board.   

Talking politics right now is too depressing.  Everything is so f-cked.  I heard on the radio today that 3 billion of the stimulus package is for C.O.P.S and some other government program that both have been proved to be ineffective, yet 3 billion?

That's why they say, the best way to be immortal is to become a government program.
they have to give cops a lot of money.  When the economy collapses and shit really gets bad people will turn to criminal activities to survive.  Lock them all up, that'll solve our problems ::) lol...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
fixed:

Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the region in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.

w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
they have to give cops a lot of money.  When the economy collapses and shit really gets bad people will turn to criminal activities to survive.  Lock them all up, that'll solve our problems ::) lol...

They are not giving to the police forces, they are giving to some stupid program "community  blah blah blah"  I may got the initials wrong.  point is, it's another stupid useless government program we are dumping money onto when 3 billion could immensely impact elsewhere

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:28 AM »
I don't even think this has aired yet.

I tried to find it through google, and came upon a webpage that said:

SHOW TIMES
US
Wednesday, February 25th  8p ET
Sunday, March 1st  Midnight ET
Sunday, March 15th  9p ET

Europe
Wednesday March 11th, 18th & 25th at 22.00CET.

ASIA
Saturday, February 28th 11P SIN/HK
Sunday, March 1st 10p SIN/HK

Australia
Saturday, February 28th 11P AEDT
Sunday, March 1st 10p AEDT

The YouTube & Hulu links may be a genuine scoop on the network's own show. Congrats Hugo!
This must have been how Wesley Snipes felt when he bought a bootleg copy of his movie's DVD,
...and the movie had not yet even been released!  :P
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »
any info on it we can read?

it was "Fox News' William LaJeunesse on a Congressman's idea to end ineffective government programs."  on a local radio show today while driving to work.  the radio station's website doesn't have a link for it.

http://kste.com/pages/ag_index.html

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »
I watched it on tv then got it off of youtube.

But it's only Feb 25th TODAY!  :o

From the preview: "How will Santa Claus ever find me now?"  :'(
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »
Here is a link where it can be downloaded if anyone is having difficulty viewing the HULU version or don't want the grainy version sometimes available online...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4740676/HOUSE_OF_CARDS_-_Causes_of_The_Current_Economic_Crises

To Jaguarenterprise it is stated that this video first aired on February 12th, so we are actually NOT getting a first hand view of something not yet released....It was exciting for a moment though... to think no one but us few knows about this..Ooooooooo..lol..I think I hear someone shouting CT...

C

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
http://wenatcheeworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090203/NEWS02/702039899/1001

Obama plan has billions for cops; grants beefed up NCW agencies
Obama plan has billions for cops; grants beefed up NCW agencies

By Matt Apuzzo
Associated Press writer
Posted February 03, 2009

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama wants the government back in the policing business, big time.

Obama's huge stimulus plan includes about $4 billion to resurrect grants that put tens of thousands of police on the streets during the 1990s. The programs were all but eliminated during the Bush administration amid criticism that their results didn't justify the hefty price tag.

Several law enforcement agencies in North Central Washington added positions using the state and federal matching funds.

The grants are popular with Democrats, and restoring them was central to Obama's campaign plan to combat rising violence. By tacking the money onto the stimulus plan, Obama avoids having to defend the spending during the normal budget process.

The proposal allocates $3 billion for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant, a program that has funded drug task forces, after-school programs, prisoner rehabilitation and other programs.

Another $1 billion in stimulus money is set aside for the Community Oriented Policing Services program begun under President Clinton. The program, known as COPS grants, paid the salaries of many local police officers and was a "modest contributor" to the decline in crime in the 1990s, according to a 2005 government oversight report.

President George Bush slashed both grant programs over the past eight years, citing a series of reports questioning their efficiency and oversight.

But the programs remain popular among many lawmakers, who often used the grants to steer money to their home districts. Mayors and police chiefs love them, particularly during lean economic times.

The House passed the stimulus bill, but the version that makes it out of the Senate is expected to be different.

But because Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Attorney General-nominee Eric Holder strongly support the grants the programs will likely be resurrected even if they don't make it into the final stimulus bill.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »
here's a different link, but it might be the same:
http://beta.sling.com/video/show/122185/88/House-of-Cards

The requested video cannot be displayed in your region   :'(

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cnbc-originals-cnbc-originals-house-of-cards/1326913252/?icid=VIDLRVNWS05

The requested video cannot be displayed in your region   :'(

I can't find it anywhere else which is unfortunate they would lock it down like that.  It's pretty good.

I think it is a CRTC thing.  >:(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
Here is a link where it can be downloaded if anyone is having difficulty viewing the HULU version or don't want the grainy version sometimes available online...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4740676/HOUSE_OF_CARDS_-_Causes_of_The_Current_Economic_Crises

To Jaguarenterprise it is stated that this video first aired on February 12th, so we are actually NOT getting a first hand view of something not yet released....It was exciting for a moment though... to think no one but us few knows about this..Ooooooooo..lol..I think I hear someone shouting CT...

Success! Thank Goodness for Pirate Bay! Screw the CRTC!  >:(

Thanks Guys :)

ps: I was down to only 900megabytes of space, so in order to start it, I had to free up some space.
Wouldn't you know, ...I found at least 18 Gigabytes worth of duplicate files on my puter.  :o
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 08:23:38 PM »
A lot of this mess started with Clinton.