Author Topic: U.S. Ready to Respond to N.Korea Missile  (Read 899 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
U.S. Ready to Respond to N.Korea Missile
« on: February 26, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Martha Raddatz, Adm. Timothy Keating, head of the U.S. Pacific Commands, said that the military is prepared to shoot down any North Korean ballistic missile -- if President Obama should give the order.

There are reports that Kim Jung Il is advancing his nuclear plans for North Korea and Washington is watching closely. Admiral Keating says that the U.S. military is ready and prepared to respond to the launch of any missiles by North Korea.
(AP Photos)"If a missile leaves the launch pad we'll be prepared to respond upon direction of the president," Keating told ABC News. "I'm not a betting man but I'd go like 60/40, 70/30 that it will, they will attempt to launch a satellite. There's equipment moving up there that would indicate the preliminary stages of preparation for a launch. So I'd say it's more than less likely."

"Should it look like it's not a satellite launch -- that it's something other than a satellite launch -- we'll be ready to respond."

Intelligence reports suggest that North Korea is preparing a long-range missile test. Earlier this week, North Korea announced its plans to send a satellite into orbit as part of its space program.

However, many in the international community assert that North Korea's satellite test is simply a means of concealing a long-range missile test -- a move that would flare existing tension in the region.

Related
Will North Korea Launch a Long-Range Missile?NKorea Building Underground Fuel Facility?Clinton Fears North Korean Power StruggleKeating said that the military is ready to respond with at least five different systems: destroyer, Aegis cruiser, radar, space-based system and ground-based interceptor. All of these work in conjunction with one another to protect against any missile threat.

Destroyers are fast, multi-purpose warships that can be used in almost any type of naval operation. They would likely play a defensive role, helping to repel an air attack and offering a platform for gunfire and missiles to hit airborne objects.

The Aegis cruiser is part of the Navy's computer-based command and control system that integrates radar and missiles to fight against land, air and sea attacks. For Keating, the Aegis combat system can tracks threats and counter any short- or medium-range missiles.

Radars vary in type and design, but the military would likely employ a range of sea-based and early warning radars to detect the presence of a North Korean missile, track warheads' movement and more easily home in on the position of a missile to knock it down.

Space-based infrared system is a defense system that provides warning of any missile launches, detecting the threat and employing other tools to obliterate it.

Ground-based interceptor is a weapon that seeks and destroys incoming ballistic missiles outside of the earth's atmosphere. Its sensors give the military the ability to locate and obliterate a North Korean missile.

"We will be fully prepared to respond as the president directs," Keating said. "Everything that we need to be ready is ready. So that's ready twice in one sentence, but we're not kidding, it doesn't take much for us to be fully postured to respond."

L

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: U.S. Ready to Respond to N.Korea Missile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:04:44 PM »
NK is starving every year since WW2. Why do they need missiles and weapons? Go make tractors and silos instead you idiots.

Nobody wants to invade you. You suck.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
NK is starving every year since WW2. Why do they need missiles and weapons? Go make tractors and silos instead you idiots.

agreed......why invade?..there is nothing there anyone wants...the whole country is wilderness with people dropping dead from hunger.....they are so delusional....the U.S. has got to get tough and stop these endless stupid negotiations with NK which lead to nowhere....they are not serioius about negotiations....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
Yeah..I'm thrilled, I fly there on the 5th.
L

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

NK needs weapons because they know there is a ROGUE nation on the planet that thinks it is in charge of the world...sadly only possessing a nuclear bomb deters this rogue nation...wanna guess who the rogue nation is????? so far as NK being in a famine...if it were not for Mexico and South America the US would be in a GREAT FAMINE right now. 70 percent of all food in america comes from Central and South America...

agreed......why invade?..there is nothing there anyone wants...the whole country is wilderness with people dropping dead from hunger.....they are so delusional....the U.S. has got to get tough and stop these endless stupid negotiations with NK which lead to nowhere....they are not serioius about negotiations....

Maybe the US should have been tough on its own problems (and it sure has more than enough) and stayed out of the affairs of other nations so that it would not have to be concerned with what they are doing...over there...and over there...and over there. All it will take is another nation dropping a bomb on any city/state in america to humble it to its knees.
C

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
NK needs weapons because they know there is a ROGUE nation on the planet that thinks it is in charge of the world...sadly only possessing a nuclear bomb deters this rogue nation...wanna guess who the rogue nation is????? so far as NK being in a famine...if it were not for Mexico and South America the US would be in a GREAT FAMINE right now. 70 percent of all food in america comes from Central and South America...

Load of crap!  America produces enough food to feed the world twice over. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
Yeah..I'm thrilled, I fly there on the 5th.

Stay safe.  Obama is keeping 50k men in iraq, and sending 17k more to afghanistan.  I have a feeling if they shoot a missile at hawaii, he won't coddle them like bush did (please, stop shooting missiles and we'll pay you a million barrels of oil!)

I hope they don't try anything, but if they do, i think obama would order it shot down. 

Personally, i'd like to see us make a statement that we don't F around and crack their jaws if they fire a missile at us.  Bush only liked wars that were Exxon Approved.  I'd like to see obama start some shit that was about nothing but protecting the U S of A.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »

Yup. This is true.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »

Typical american...lost and ignorant to what is happening right in your own country right under your own nose. Just like you can not find a single product MADE IN AMERICA...america imports 70 percent of its food...you sadly are so UNAWARE of your own DROUGHT and NON-PRODUCTIVE soils which your country has depleted of nutrients to the point it will no longer produce. Look at the labels on your produce notice the Argentina, Ecuador, Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, name tags....
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
Typical douchebag foreigner......go back to ur third world shithole...we have enough problems. The thread is about the N. Koreans....not food. If ur to stupid to discuss the thread topic....find something else to do.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »
Typical american...lost and ignorant to what is happening right in your own country right under your own nose. Just like you can not find a single product MADE IN AMERICA...america imports 70 percent of its food...you sadly are so UNAWARE of your own DROUGHT and NON-PRODUCTIVE soils which your country has depleted of nutrients to the point it will no longer produce. Look at the labels on your produce notice the Argentina, Ecuador, Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, name tags....

I work in American agriculture. We produce more with less than anywhere else in the world.

You don't know what you are taking about today either.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
And more importantly...how quickly could we retool if need be....with the land, climates and know-how to do it. The damm rags would be eating sand....This guy has no idea.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »

Listen dumbass a majority of American staples i.e. milk, eggs, beef, poultry, cheese, yadda yadda are made in this country.  Sure we import a lot of fruit, some veggies etc.  But it's nowhere near 70%.  LMAO!  Agriculture is one of our main industries. 

But you're completely right about our soil.  But you know what dumbass soil is becoming depleted ALL OVER THE FUCKING WORLD!  I suggest you read the book DIRT: The Erosion of Civilizations by David Montgomery and learn something before shooting your ignorant mouth off. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
And more importantly...how quickly could we retool if need be....with the land, climates and know-how to do it. The damm rags would be eating sand....This guy has no idea.

You're such an idiot.  You're fucking country is collapsing before your eyes and all you can do is spout your propaganda bullshit and defend the military industrial complex.  You're a goddamn sheep unware of the people pulling your strings.  Brainwashed lackey.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
You're such an idiot.  You're fucking country is collapsing before your eyes and all you can do is spout your propaganda bullshit and defend the military industrial complex.  You're a goddamn sheep unware of the people pulling your strings.  Brainwashed lackey.

::)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 12:17:01 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:49 AM »
lol.  Says the 911 conspiracy theorist.  lol . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:38 AM »
lol.  Says the 911 conspiracy theorist.  lol . . . .

sorry man... but the majority of americans believe the official story is BS.  The authors say we need another investigation.  Sarah freakin Palin supports a second investigation. 

Deal with it.  You believe the official story?  You're in the minority now.