Author Topic: HAHAHA. THE PALUMBO DIET FOR THE EVERYDAY MAN  (Read 817 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
HAHAHA. THE PALUMBO DIET FOR THE EVERYDAY MAN
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:14:45 AM »
This rotund fat guy at work was commenting on how I always eat chicken, rice and broccoli for lunch and I told him that it's not lunch but just a meal.

He tells me that a year ago he went to a Personal Trainer that got him on a no carb diet.  He said that he had to eat 7 meals a day and eat a handful of Mac nuts in between meals.  He said that a few months into it he felt worse, looked worse and just quit.  I asked him did the trainer measure out the food for his meals since 7 meals if not properly measured can yield a lot of calories in a day.  He said no.  He just had to eat seven meals, size wasn't a problem.  I laughed.  Explained to him that if he didn't measure that each meal can be well over 500 calories and that with the mac nuts his total caloric intake could be in the 4000 range which is way too much if your trying to lose fat.

I just love how these tools try to act knowledgeable and follow fad diets and have no clue what the hell they are doing.  Especially since he had to pay this tool as well.

jehwit

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: HAHAHA. THE PALUMBO DIET FOR THE EVERYDAY MAN
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
This rotund fat guy at work was commenting on how I always eat chicken, rice and broccoli for lunch and I told him that it's not lunch but just a meal.

He tells me that a year ago he went to a Personal Trainer that got him on a no carb diet.  He said that he had to eat 7 meals a day and eat a handful of Mac nuts in between meals.  He said that a few months into it he felt worse, looked worse and just quit.  I asked him did the trainer measure out the food for his meals since 7 meals if not properly measured can yield a lot of calories in a day.  He said no.  He just had to eat seven meals, size wasn't a problem.  I laughed.  Explained to him that if he didn't measure that each meal can be well over 500 calories and that with the mac nuts his total caloric intake could be in the 4000 range which is way too much if your trying to lose fat.

I just love how these tools try to act knowledgeable and follow fad diets and have no clue what the hell they are doing.  Especially since he had to pay this tool as well.

uhhh....shut up?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: HAHAHA. THE PALUMBO DIET FOR THE EVERYDAY MAN
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

= 99.9% of all diet gurus and "nutritionists".