Author Topic: Peter Schiff - 0% chance Obama's plan will work.  (Read 3023 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Peter Schiff - 0% chance Obama's plan will work.
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:56:40 AM »
lend=2&ob=0

Great interview by Peter Schiff. 

He says that there is 0% chance that Obama's plan will work because it is designed to fail.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Peter Schiff - 0% chance Obama's plan will work.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »
lend=2&ob=0

He says that there is 0% chance that Obama's plan will work because it is designed to fail.

It's all bullshit unless he won the Nobel prize.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »

Ha ha. 

Like Al Gore & Arafat?????

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:30:20 AM »
lend=2&ob=0

cool - now that we know it 0% maybe you can stop posting his videos on a daily basis

your "1000%" negativity is getting old

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
cool - now that we know it 0% maybe you can stop posting his videos on a daily basis

your "1000%" negativity is getting old

Go listen to the interview and tell me specifically what you disagree with?

He blames Bush for a lot of the mess so you will like that. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:38:35 AM »
Go listen to the interview and tell me specifically what you disagree with?
He blames Bush for a lot of the mess so you will like that. 

he may be right or he may be wrong. 

chances are that he's not completely right or wrong.

I'm just tired of the constant negativity.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
he may be right or he may be wrong. 

chances are that he's not completely right or wrong.

I'm just tired of the constant negativity.

We are talking about such huge numbers right now that there needs to be constant scrutiny of these plans.  One wrong step and we are literally over the cliff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »
can't we just extort or take over some other country if shit really gets THAT bad?  I mean, we have 800+ bases worldwide.  I'd have to think we'd do something cool like straight up rob France or Belgium before we'd just slip into a depression, right? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
I would pay money to see a debate between Schiff and Krugman.  We should try to arrange that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »
I would pay money to see a debate between Schiff and Krugman.  We should try to arrange that.

yeah - I think I'd pay money to see that too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
can't we just extort or take over some other country if shit really gets THAT bad?  I mean, we have 800+ bases worldwide.  I'd have to think we'd do something cool like straight up rob France or Belgium before we'd just slip into a depression, right? 

Dude, I talk to business owners all day every day, clients, deadbeats, banks, bankruptcy attorneys, creditors, lenders, etc etc.

I knew a long time ago that we were heading for the cliff, long before it was being reported in the news.  

This was based on the fact that I have my ears to the street, main street and wall street.  I am telling you that things are going to get way worse before they get better.  Here is why:

1.  Commercial RE is in the toilet.  Vacancies are up huge and many of the Commercial landlords were not operating on large margins.  In fact, many anchor stores are closing in malls and retail outlets.  C City, Fortunoff, etc.  How do you think that is going to effect the landlords' ability to make the payment to the bank each month?

2.  Unemployment.  I am literally 15 minutes drive from Wall Street.  A few hundred thousand people just got laid off.  White collar jobs, people who were making big money.  They are not going to get similar jobs again.  Wall Street as it was is over and not coming back.  These people have big mortgages, spent a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes to loca governments.  This is what the stimilus is all about.  Its not about stimulating you, its about propping up the government agencies.

Across the country we have increasing unemployment. Who is going to hire all these people????

3.  Energy Prices.  Gas is already going up in price again.  The Cap and Trade schemwe they are proposing will drive up energy costs for everyone.

4.  Taxes - local taxes are going through the roof and govts are nickle an diming people.  That extra money paid to the local govts is money not being put into the private sector.

5.  Inflation - to be or not to be?????  That is the question.  

6.  Politics - believe me or not, most business owners I know are scaling back their spending an operations because they are fearful of the govt at all levels.  The lack of trust and confidence is dictating actions and choices.

7.  R/E prices - the lowering of prices is great for people with cash, but people who own homes whose value is dropping makes them less likely to spend money on discreationary consumer goods.

I have a lot more, but sad to say, this is not going to change any time soon.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »

Schiff has no love for Bush if you listen to that interview. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »

I'm not sure Schiff would accept $USD   ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »
Laffer and Schiff after the penny bet/Schiff was right video.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
Dude, I talk to business owners all day every day, clients, deadbeats, banks, bankruptcy attorneys, creditors, lenders, etc etc.

I knew a long time ago that we were heading for the cliff, long before it was being reported in the news.  

This was based on the fact that I have my ears to the street, main street and wall street.  I am telling you that things are going to get way worse before they get better.  Here is why:

1.  Commercial RE is in the toilet.  Vacancies are up huge and many of the Commercial landlords were not operating on large margins.  In fact, many anchor stores are closing in malls and retail outlets.  C City, Fortunoff, etc.  How do you think that is going to effect the landlords' ability to make the payment to the bank each month?

2.  Unemployment.  I am literally 15 minutes drive from Wall Street.  A few hundred thousand people just got laid off.  White collar jobs, people who were making big money.  They are not going to get similar jobs again.  Wall Street as it was is over and not coming back.  These people have big mortgages, spent a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes to loca governments.  This is what the stimilus is all about.  Its not about stimulating you, its about propping up the government agencies.

Across the country we have increasing unemployment. Who is going to hire all these people????

3.  Energy Prices.  Gas is already going up in price again.  The Cap and Trade schemwe they are proposing will drive up energy costs for everyone.

4.  Taxes - local taxes are going through the roof and govts are nickle an diming people.  That extra money paid to the local govts is money not being put into the private sector.

5.  Inflation - to be or not to be?????  That is the question.  

6.  Politics - believe me or not, most business owners I know are scaling back their spending an operations because they are fearful of the govt at all levels.  The lack of trust and confidence is dictating actions and choices.

7.  R/E prices - the lowering of prices is great for people with cash, but people who own homes whose value is dropping makes them less likely to spend money on discreationary consumer goods.

I have a lot more, but sad to say, this is not going to change any time soon.    

I've seen and heard similar things.  I think you're probably right that it gets worse before it gets better.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
I've seen and heard similar things.  I think you're probably right that it gets worse before it gets better.   

Look, I dont personally benefit off of things going into the toilet, but I try to be realistic in my decisions and choices.

For example, the RE prices jumped so high so fast where I am that I stayed put in my present place that I got for dirt cheap on a great deal I negotiated.  I could have easily bought a million dollar house if I wanted considering my finances, and how easy the standards were.

However, I asked myself this - if this house went from 200 to 500 in a few years, and then went to 750 only a short time after that, WHERE THE HECK IS THIS GOING?  2 MILLION DOLLARS?  4 MILLION DOLLARS?

This was at the same time I saw that my personal income was not increasing at the same rate as these home prices were jumping so I just kept saving and putting money away knowing that this was going to crash hard.  It had to.  This was a total chaotic situtation and prices jumped far in excess of peoples' salaries.  It had to crash plain and simple.  The whole RE thing was a scheme, a scam, and based solely on the banks' giving money to people on the premise that the asset backing the paper was always going to increase.  I personally blame the banks and mortgage brokers first, the borrowers second.     

Am I an economist or anything liek that?  No.

I am a sensible common sense person who looks at facts, reality, trends, history, and a wide varity of data before making a decision. 

My personal beliefe is that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better and people are going to be forced to live a much more downscaled lifestyle.  This is a good thing in my eyes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
Look, I dont personally benefit off of things going into the toilet, but I try to be realistic in my decisions and choices.

For example, the RE prices jumped so high so fast where I am that I stayed put in my present place that I got for dirt cheap on a great deal I negotiated.  I could have easily bought a million dollar house if I wanted considering my finances, and how easy the standards were.

However, I asked myself this - if this house went from 200 to 500 in a few years, and then went to 750 only a short time after that, WHERE THE HECK IS THIS GOING?  2 MILLION DOLLARS?  4 MILLION DOLLARS?

This was at the same time I saw that my personal income was not increasing at the same rate as these home prices were jumping so I just kept saving and putting money away knowing that this was going to crash hard.  It had to.  This was a total chaotic situtation and prices jumped far in excess of peoples' salaries.  It had to crash plain and simple.  The whole RE thing was a scheme, a scam, and based solely on the banks' giving money to people on the premise that the asset backing the paper was always going to increase.  I personally blame the banks and mortgage brokers first, the borrowers second.     

Am I an economist or anything liek that?  No.

I am a sensible common sense person who looks at facts, reality, trends, history, and a wide varity of data before making a decision. 

My personal beliefe is that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better and people are going to be forced to live a much more downscaled lifestyle.  This is a good thing in my eyes.

Yeah.  You should have seen how real estate prices skyrocketed here.  It was insane.  Subprime lenders were flooding the market.  Appraisers were lying up the wazoo.  Some agents were actually having trouble keeping up their inventory.  Sometimes they would get calls about houses within minutes after they were listed.

I was talking to a local economist a few years ago and he insisted we were not in another bubble.  I need to track him down and have another discussion.   :-\   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
I'm not sure Schiff would accept $USD   ;D
true lol... Still would be interesting to watch.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »
Yeah.  You should have seen how real estate prices skyrocketed here.  It was insane.  Subprime lenders were flooding the market.  Appraisers were lying up the wazoo.  Some agents were actually having trouble keeping up their inventory.  Sometimes they would get calls about houses within minutes after they were listed.

I was talking to a local economist a few years ago and he insisted we were not in another bubble.  I need to track him down and have another discussion.   :-\   

Realtors and economists are the last people you should talk to if you want honesty.  Its always the best time to buy according to them.  You want to laugh, I looked at many places and told the people to their face that they were out of their minds with their asking price.  The realtors got sick of me, but who is laughing now????  

I just had a gut feeling during all of this that something was seriously wrong when homes that were 200k all of sudden were 650k.  I am so thankful today that I followed my guy instinct and did not buy into the hysteria and mania.  

Because I have no fall back other than myself, I cant afford irresponsible and reckless financial decisions.  Too many of our fellow fools we call american citizens did not attend class the day they discussed financial responsibility and sobriety.

This ship is going down very hard IMHO because the govt and the taxpayers cannot bailout the true amount of bad paper that exists out there.  It far exceeeds our GDP.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
Lmfao!!!!!

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 12:34:04 AM »
Good video havent watched Peter Schiff for a while

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 03:58:03 AM »
Peter Schiff-0% Chance of mattering in American Politics.   :-\

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »
Peter Schiff-0% Chance of mattering in American Politics.   :-\

He was right about the economic meltdown despite being laughed add and ridiculed

He deserves a lot more respect than you give him

Actually all economists owe him an apology