Author Topic: Ron paul tops Palin in conservative straw polling, mitt tops all  (Read 2077 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ron paul tops Palin in conservative straw polling, mitt tops all
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »
In the first strong indication of where conservative hearts lie for the 2012 presidential race, Mitt Romney won the Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll on Saturday, earning the backing of 20 percent of the crowd. It was his former Massachusetts Governor's third straight win and followed a well-received speech to the CPAC crowd just one day earlier.

The results of the CPAC Straw Poll provide a small, albeit interesting window into the affections and leanings of the conservative movement. Following Romney, the next largest vote recipients included, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal with 14 percent of the vote, Rep. Ron Paul with 13 percent and Gov. Sarah Palin with 13 percent.

For the Alaska Governor, the belle of the conservative movement in the '08 election, the results aren't the best of news. Her non-appearance at CPAC, however, may have contributed to the tied-for-fourth-place finish. Moderate Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, earned one percent of the vote and was ridiculed by moderator Tony Fabrizio for being Barack Obama's favorite Republican.

With roughly two years to go until formal campaigning begins on the Republican side of the aisle, the results of the CPAC poll are more a temperature of the conservative movement at this point in time than an indication of who will end up the presidential nominee. Nevertheless, Republicans don't take these polls lightly. The results can provide a boost for a potential candidate or hurt the morale of another. Though the affect is never as strong as it seems.

In 2007, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney etched out a win over former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani by a margin of 21 percent to 17 percent. Sen. John McCain, who wound up winning the nomination, came in fifth with 12 percent of the vote. In 2008, Romney won again, narrowly beating John McCain, 35 percent to 34 percent, even though Romney had officially dropped out of the race a few days before the poll was released.

More than 1,700 people cast ballots in the 2009 CPAC poll, 57 percent of who were between the ages 18 and 25. Of the respondents, 95 percent said they disapproved of the job that President Obama was doing, only four percent approved. Meanwhile, 70 percent approved of the job Republicans in Congress were doing, 29 percent said they disapproved.

Here are the official results:

Mitt Romney - 20 percent
Bobby Jindal - 14 percent
Ron Paul -13 percent
Sarah Palin - 13 percent
Newt Gingrich -10 percent
Mike Huckabee - 7 percent
Mark Sanford - 4 percent
Rudy Guiliani - 3 percent
Tim Pawlenty - 2 percent
Charlie Crist - 1 percent
Undecided - 9 percent

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Ron paul tops Palin in conservative straw polling, mitt tops all
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
Glad to see that fucking idiot Rudy scored so low.

Maybe people are getting smarter?  ???
S

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »
More than 1,700 people cast ballots in the 2009 CPAC poll, 57 percent of who were between the ages 18 and 25. Of the respondents, 95 percent said they disapproved of the job that President Obama was doing, only four percent approved. Meanwhile, 70 percent approved of the job Republicans in Congress were doing, 29 percent said they disapproved.

oh brother

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »
Why is the title of this thread "Ron paul tops Palin" when they were actually tied? 

Wouldn't place much stock in this one:  "More than half of the conference attendees this year were college students."  http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/28/cpac/index.html

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:53:15 AM »
Glad to see that fucking idiot Rudy scored so low.

Maybe people are getting smarter?  ???

beside from being a nwo tit sucking, cross dressing neotwat..rudy did a LOT to clean up nyc. Not just on drugs and crime but cleaning up highways, bridges, abandoned cars everywhere

it was his agenda, perhaps he polled so low based on his extreme gun laws he introduced while gov. He also inscreased the nypd if i'm not mistaken.

perhaps 3343535336646474411 can attest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:25:46 AM »
Rudy did clean up the streets and is single handidly responsible for the clean up after the Dinkins mess.

However, he had many issues going on and the libs here attacked him daily over some of his actions.

If you saw most of the bums in parts of Bronx and Brooklyn you may second guess 2nd amendment.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
Mitt is probably the best of the bunch so far.  I like Huckabee more now than during the primaries.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:34 AM »
Mitt is probably the best of the bunch so far.  I like Huckabee more now than during the primaries.

Personally, huck seems like anice guy to meet at a family BBQ - but is not a fighter and scrapper.

To take on BO, we need someone willing to get in the gutter and duke it out. 

McLame is a testament to what being in the "middle" gets you - RUN OVER!.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:53:05 AM »
Personally, huck seems like anice guy to meet at a family BBQ - but is not a fighter and scrapper.

To take on BO, we need someone willing to get in the gutter and duke it out. 

McLame is a testament to what being in the "middle" gets you - RUN OVER!.

I think Buck would be an 80% leader.  VERY good domestically, but in terms of foreign stuff, maybe bot so much.

Mitt would be a financial answer... very popular if obama hasn't fixed things by 2012.

RP too old.  Palin doesn't have the mental capacity or shrewdness to be a national leader.

Jindal looks creepy, got caught in a lie already, and looked impotent in that national response.

Honestly, IMO the only guy who could do well at the moment is Rush Limbaugh.  Run him in 2012. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:08:32 AM »
After people start seeing their energy bills go up because BO's cap and trade tax scheme, people are going to be begging for anyone else.

The lies this man tells are just staggering.  Its almost as if he lies by the minute.

For example - he said people making 250k a year or more.  HOWEVER, he did not tell people that it also applies to small businesses and marired couples with a combined AGI of 250k.  That means in NYC a couple both working for the FD or the some other middle level job.

Its just unreal what he is doing.

EVERYONE'S TAXES ARE GOING UP!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »
In the first strong indication of where conservative hearts lie for the 2012 presidential race, Mitt Romney won the Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll on Saturday, earning the backing of 20 percent of the crowd. It was his former Massachusetts Governor's third straight win and followed a well-received speech to the CPAC crowd just one day earlier.

The results of the CPAC Straw Poll provide a small, albeit interesting window into the affections and leanings of the conservative movement. Following Romney, the next largest vote recipients included, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal with 14 percent of the vote, Rep. Ron Paul with 13 percent and Gov. Sarah Palin with 13 percent.

For the Alaska Governor, the belle of the conservative movement in the '08 election, the results aren't the best of news. Her non-appearance at CPAC, however, may have contributed to the tied-for-fourth-place finish. Moderate Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, earned one percent of the vote and was ridiculed by moderator Tony Fabrizio for being Barack Obama's favorite Republican.

With roughly two years to go until formal campaigning begins on the Republican side of the aisle, the results of the CPAC poll are more a temperature of the conservative movement at this point in time than an indication of who will end up the presidential nominee. Nevertheless, Republicans don't take these polls lightly. The results can provide a boost for a potential candidate or hurt the morale of another. Though the affect is never as strong as it seems.

In 2007, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney etched out a win over former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani by a margin of 21 percent to 17 percent. Sen. John McCain, who wound up winning the nomination, came in fifth with 12 percent of the vote. In 2008, Romney won again, narrowly beating John McCain, 35 percent to 34 percent, even though Romney had officially dropped out of the race a few days before the poll was released.

Here are the official results:

Mitt Romney - 20 percent
Bobby Jindal - 14 percent
Ron Paul -13 percent
Sarah Palin - 13 percent
Newt Gingrich -10 percent
Mike Huckabee - 7 percent
Mark Sanford - 4 percent
Rudy Guiliani - 3 percent
Tim Pawlenty - 2 percent
Charlie Crist - 1 percent
Undecided - 9 percent

Geeze,I thought your astute prediction was Charlie Crist.Isnt that what you predicted last week.Take a look at how he did.Once again,your wrong,wrong,wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:41:41 AM »
Geeze,I thought your astute prediction was Charlie Crist.Isnt that what you predicted last week.Take a look at how he did.Once again,your wrong,wrong,wrong.

I didn't predict shit, you fat clod.

I posted the results of a poll.  This poll chose mitt over mccain (barely) in 2007.  So it's fairly accurate, as those 2 ended up being the 2 finalists, and mccain SHOULD have selected

As usual, you disappoint, BILLY.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »

I posted the results of a poll.  This poll chose mitt over mccain (barely) in 2007.  So it's fairly accurate, as those 2 ended up being the 2 finalists, and mccain SHOULD have selected

I voted for Mitt in the primary myself.

I will be very dissapointed in 2012 if the GOP chooses a social conservative over a economic conservative. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »
I will be very dissapointed in 2012 if the GOP chooses a social conservative over a economic conservative. 

yeah, all the guys in the 2008 run were all about "We love the Bush tax cuts~"

Those tax cuts made 1% of Americans very wealthy, and killed the middle class.  Giving Exon major breaks while they're enjoying record profits?  obscene.  And Rp was the only guy who stood up against it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 07:59:06 AM »
yeah, all the guys in the 2008 run were all about "We love the Bush tax cuts~"

Those tax cuts made 1% of Americans very wealthy, and killed the middle class.  Giving Exon major breaks while they're enjoying record profits?  obscene.  And Rp was the only guy who stood up against it.

More nonsense.  You cant give a tax break to people who dont pay taxes.  `

Additionally, the taxes resulted in more $$$ to the treasury. 

The spending was and is the problem. 

What Obama is doing now is just GWB on roids.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
More nonsense.  You cant give a tax break to people who dont pay taxes.  `

Additionally, the taxes resulted in more $$$ to the treasury. 

The spending was and is the problem. 

What Obama is doing now is just GWB on roids.

True.  Tax cuts to people who don't pay taxes is nothing more than welfare. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »

YOU DIDNT PREDICT CRIST AS THE NOMINEE IN 20012?THATS FUNNY,MAYBE MY EYES ARE FAILING ME.WE DONT WANT A BIPARTISAN!!!WE WANT A CONSERVATIVE NOT A LIMP WRISTED COMMIE.WE HAVE THAT IN THE WHITE HOUSE NOW.

Crist is probably going to be the 2012 nominee
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:23 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Responsible.  Bipartisan.  intelligent.  Is now married.  Coming from a very suddenly poor state.  on the RIGHT side of this economic bill.

Plus Jindal, i dunno, he kinda gives me the creeps.  very smart, but today when he said "a train to disneyland" to mock the rail from LA to Vegas to spurn spending... well, his facts aren't correct and he was trying to be cute.

You can't be "cute" in serious, tough times like this.  Jindal is the R version of John Edwards.  Too young and trying too hard to be cute all the time.  Crist is acting presidential, somber

Thats funny,it sure seems like you did you skinny girl.THE BASE HATES LIBS MORON!!!!Palin will whipe the floor with Crist if they both run.In the meantime you will have that freaking guy Obama in there trying to wreck the country.Oh wait,we are getting 13 dollars a week[that we will have to pay taxes on]so everything is fine.What a tool.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
For example - he said people making 250k a year or more.  HOWEVER, he did not tell people that it also applies to small businesses and marired couples with a combined AGI of 250k.  That means in NYC a couple both working for the FD or the some other middle level job.

c'mon now man. He said very clearly during the campaign HOUSEHOLDS making 250k or more will see a dramatic increase in taxes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »
Thats funny,it sure seems like you did you skinny ####.THE BASE HATES LIBS MORON!!!!Palin will whipe the floor with Crist if they both run.In the meantime you will have that freaking #### Obama in there trying to wreck the country.Oh wait,we are getting 13 dollars a week[that we will have to pay taxes on]so everything is fine.What a tool.

haha bro, take a chill pill.  youre obviously all worked up typing this.  Probably sweating and spitting and cursing all the while.  it's just the internets stud.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 04:29:11 AM »
c'mon now man. He said very clearly during the campaign HOUSEHOLDS making 250k or more will see a dramatic increase in taxes.

I hope you are joking about that????

He lied about this and played word games like he always does on this. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 04:32:58 AM »
Ron Paul...all the way... :)
I hate the State.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 06:18:14 AM »
haha bro, take a chill pill.  youre obviously all worked up typing this.  Probably sweating and spitting and cursing all the while.  it's just the internets stud.

The thing is you lie constantly then go on to the next subject.How many flat out lies have you spread about Palin and everyone turned out to be a liberal bold faced lie.Please,try and be honest.I know thats VERY hard for libs to do[like the 13 dollar a week tax cut that you will have to pay taxes on]but try.