Author Topic: marques vs Diaz  (Read 4695 times)

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
marques vs Diaz
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
Re: marques vs Diaz
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »
Daaaaaammnnnnnnnnnnnn :o :o :o

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Awesome fight...stunning performance on JMM's part!

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
Nice to finally hear somebody call out Mayweather! Everyone is gonna duck Marquez. Way too dangerous. He looked great tonight. But P4P #2 in the World? #1 is Joe Calzaghe. #2 is Manny Pacman. #3? Arguably Mosley, Dawson, Marquez, or Cotto. Where does Ricky Hatton fit into all of this? Knocked out in May!

P4P Manny Pacquiao is without a doubt the best.  The guy is a force at featherweight-welterweight.

I'm fucking pissed I missed most of the fight, but I did see the later rounds.  I missed JMM calling out Mayweather. No way in hell Mayweather would ever consider fighting JMM because he isn't a draw. Mayweather is supposedly coming out of retirement to either fight the winner of Pacman/Hatton or Mosley this year.

BTW Ronnie Coleman is the best fighter in the world ::)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 02:19:14 AM »
P4P Manny Pacquiao is without a doubt the best.  The guy is a force at featherweight-welterweight.

I'm fucking pissed I missed most of the fight, but I did see the later rounds.  I missed JMM calling out Mayweather. No way in hell Mayweather would ever consider fighting JMM because he isn't a draw. Mayweather is supposedly coming out of retirement to either fight the winner of Pacman/Hatton or Mosley this year.

BTW Ronnie Coleman is the best fighter in the world ::)

mayweather wouldnt last with marquez,  pacman, or even against  margarito ... no way.. these dues have the speed to hang with him and the power to fuck with him... wouldnt even be a good fight actually.... a goodfight worth seeing would be pacman and marquez... dammm that would be brutal....

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 02:25:17 AM »
maybe boxing will one day return to its glory days.. and be as great as a real sport like professional bodybuilding

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 02:29:34 AM »
the great marques ruhl the IIVnd

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:15:31 AM »
Marquez fought a great fight, Diaz too.
Marquez and Pacman besides the first three rounds of their first fight Marquez has beaten Manny Pac twice, and Manny thinks that to, thats why there hasnt been a third fight. Great fight today. Ricky hatton doesnt even deserve a mention. And Mayweather is on another planet. Pacman fighting him would be interesting just to see how he handles a righty of that calibre. But Mayweather is something else, i cant stand the guy, but hes the most complete boxer of the last decade, including Jones Junior at his best.

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 03:47:54 AM »
maybe boxing will one day return to its glory days.. and be as great as a real sport like professional bodybuilding

I saw that photo in a swedish forum once,
it was 7 pages long all every debated if it was real or not......

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:42:38 AM »
Marquez fought a great fight, Diaz too.
Marquez and Pacman besides the first three rounds of their first fight Marquez has beaten Manny Pac twice, and Manny thinks that to, thats why there hasnt been a third fight. Great fight today. Ricky hatton doesnt even deserve a mention. And Mayweather is on another planet. Pacman fighting him would be interesting just to see how he handles a righty of that calibre. But Mayweather is something else, i cant stand the guy, but hes the most complete boxer of the last decade, including Jones Junior at his best.

The facts are the first fight was a draw and Pacman beat Marquez in the second, albeit a close decision.

Pacquiao won't fight Marquez again because Marquez isn't a draw.  Pacman is the official cash cow of professional boxing now and once you've beaten Oscar De La Hoya you pick and choose your fights wisely. Once Pacman is done with Hatton he'll probably fight Mayweather then I'd like to see him fight some more established welterweights like Cotto, Trinidad, Margarito, ect.  I think he has the power of an average WW, but is faster than all of them. The guy is a phenom.

mayweather wouldnt last with marquez,  pacman, or even against  margarito ... no way.. these dues have the speed to hang with him and the power to fuck with him... wouldnt even be a good fight actually.... a goodfight worth seeing would be pacman and marquez... dammm that would be brutal....

Are you serious? I'll give Marquez a chance, but he'd be the HEAVY underdog if he fought Floyd. None of the fighters you listed can match speed with Mayweather, especially Margarito. The only guys I see beating Floyd are Pacman or Mosley.

Of course Ronnie Coleman would run a boxing clinic on all the fighters mentioned!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 07:33:53 AM »

ROFL
w

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:39:26 AM »
I saw that photo in a swedish forum once,
it was 7 pages long all every debated if it was real or not......

lol bunch of morons, offcourse its fake.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 07:42:18 AM »
lol bunch of morons, offcourse its fake.
I don't know to me looks pretty real ,the guy is a giant.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 07:44:33 AM »
I don't know to me looks pretty real ,the guy is a giant.

i think only his chest is fake.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »
i think only his chest is fake.
I think you are wrong ,Marcus has a huge chest.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
I think you are wrong ,Marcus has a huge chest.

his chest, arms and back are all photoshopped.

Marquez is extremely resilient because in those early rounds he was eating flush shots and actually got hurt by a left hook.
Awesome fighter

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
Marquez isnt that marketable i agree, not as much as De La Hoya or hatton, but if you know boxing you know he beat Manny the second time if not the first time, all be it being dropped three times in the first fight all in the first round. Manny doesnt want to fight him again.Probably both moneywise and ass whiping wise. Forget Mosely, just go get a tape of Cotto mosely, mosely only came on when Cotto took his foot of the peddle as he had enough rounds in the bag.Mayweather love him or hate him is on another level, Fighting Pacman would be interesting just to see if he handles a righty as easily as he has everyone else.   

the anabolic mon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

Dude, is every photo on this site shopped?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »
I thought Jim Lampley was gonna blow a load every time Diaz landed a punch. Meanwhile Max Kellerman is correctly stating throughout the fight "Marquez is landing the harder,cleaner shots."  and then BOOM...fight over.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 04:43:50 PM »
Marquez isnt that marketable i agree, not as much as De La Hoya or hatton, but if you know boxing you know he beat Manny the second time if not the first time, all be it being dropped three times in the first fight all in the first round. Manny doesnt want to fight him again.Probably both moneywise and ass whiping wise. Forget Mosely, just go get a tape of Cotto mosely, mosely only came on when Cotto took his foot of the peddle as he had enough rounds in the bag.Mayweather love him or hate him is on another level, Fighting Pacman would be interesting just to see if he handles a righty as easily as he has everyone else.  

Yeah I agree Marquez won the second fight.  I think Pacman got the decision because boxing needed a new superstar to bring in the $$$, but that's just a theory. Likewise I'd also kill to see Pacman vs. Cotto, or for that matter Cotto fighting any elite welterweight.   The guy is my favorite fighter and his style is perfect IMO even though he fades in the later rounds.

He is so as marketable as Hatton. Marquez in Mexico and Hatton in Manchester. American boxing fans could care less about the two. What kinda noise are you trying to bring? Cotto wouldn't beat Mosley twice. And Mosley always comes on stronger as the fight goes on. There's absolutely no reason for Manny to fight Marquez again. It's Mayweather/Manny at the end of the year. Hatton doesn't have a chance come May 2nd. Everyone says Mayweather is Gods gift? Ali lost, Tyson lost, Sugar Ray Leonard lost, and Superman Roy Jones Jr. lost. Floyd Mayweathers time is coming. Think with your head and not your heart.

Hatton's following in the UK is a lot bigger than Marquez's in Mexico I think.  Marquez has always been overshadowed by Erik Morales and Barrera. Hatton also has gained notoriety because of the Mayweather fight here in the U.S.

I agree that Marquez/Pacman 3 would be 10x more exciting than a Hatton fight, but the economics of the American/English/Filipino/Hispanic PPV buyrates make this fight a juicy cashcow since Pacman has developed a strong following here in the U.S. and Mexico.

I thought Jim Lampley was gonna blow a load every time Diaz landed a punch. Meanwhile Max Kellerman is correctly stating throughout the fight "Marquez is landing the harder,cleaner shots."  and then BOOM...fight over.

Kellerman is awesome and is pretty much accurate all the time.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
Marquez beat Manny twice.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:31 PM »
Not according to the record books.