Author Topic: Lou "The Incredible Jerk" Ferrigno on two covers in April  (Read 10654 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Re: Lou "The Incredible Jerk" Ferrigno on two covers in April
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
No, but they give FREE autographs and pics to the kids waiting outside.  ::)

LOL!

Touché MCWAY!  :D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
If any small child wants to take a pic of me,he can,no problem,in fact I encourage it... ;)
be sure to wear your pedibear t-shirt. :-X :-X ;D
A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »
be sure to wear your pedibear t-shirt. :-X :-X ;D
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My pedi-bear hotpants  ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 09:25:17 AM »
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My pedi-bear hotpants  ;D
lol  :-X
A

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
Seems Lou "The Incredible Jerk" Ferrigno is not only on the April cover of Muscular Development, but on the April cover of Ironman too! Two issues I'll be avoiding for that month.

why do they still put him on covers?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:52 AM »
why do they still put him on covers?
Cos everybody likes to read about dickheads...I hate celebrity news but you just read it in the hope something bad has happened them or something bad is being written about them...take Britney Spears for example

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
At the height of their careers,Badell 3yrs ago and Wolf this year,I met both,I paid 10euro for a signed autographed quality photo with a personal msg(well just my name) on it...I also got pics of me with both of them with my camera which they did not in any way want to charge me for...And Lou,a guy who was good 30yrs ago has the nerve to ask for money to take a pic of him??
C'mon,nobody can defend that

Ferrigno described the same scenario that you just did. Those two bodybuilders posed for pics on your camera for free....AFTER you paid for the autographed ones. Lou does the same thing, according to the MD article. Let him tell it, he has no problem with that.

LOL!

Touché MCWAY!  :D

Come again??? The WWE spends money for autographed pictures and sells them for profit. In other words, the company has made the investment, not the superstars themselves. John Cena, for example, can have all of the free snapshots taken of him he wants, because he doesn't pay the costs to have the autographed ones of him produced.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
Ferrigno described the same scenario that you just did. Those two bodybuilders posed for pics on your camera for free....AFTER you paid for the autographed ones. Lou does the same thing, according to the MD article. Let him tell it, he has no problem with that.

I guess youre right,but im still attractive and muscular

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
Cos everybody likes to read about dickheads...I hate celebrity news but you just read it in the hope something bad has happened them or something bad is being written about them...take Britney Spears for example

I thought it was due to his being the 2nd most-recognizable competitor in bodybuilding history.

The other magazines have been eager to hear more about this legendary figure, and now that his near-iron-clad contract with Weider is done, they’re hopping on the bandwagon. MD and IronMan are already on board; MuscleMag won’t be too far behind.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger said it best at last year's Arnold Classic during the opening ceremony when he announced those in the auditorium and asked, "Where's Lou?" And followed it up with a sarcastic, "Oh, he must be outside charging for pictures!"  :D

Needless to say, the whole crowd erupted in laughter! If anyone finds a YouTube clip that exists from it please post it. Classic Arnold owing!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »
Arnold has owned Louie for the past 30yrs,Arnold is the man...Lou never had the personality Arnold had

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
Arnold has owned Louie for the past 30yrs,Arnold is the man...Lou never had the personality Arnold had

This isn't a comparison of Arnold vs. Lou. It's about Lou himself.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »
This isn't a comparison of Arnold vs. Lou. It's about Lou himself.
Yes Arnold is indeed Louie's superior...So what two mags is Arnold on the front of did you say?

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2009, 02:33:37 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger said it best at last year's Arnold Classic during the opening ceremony when he announced those in the auditorium and asked, "Where's Lou?" And followed it up with a sarcastic, "Oh, he must be outside charging for pictures!"  :D

Needless to say, the whole crowd erupted in laughter! If anyone finds a YouTube clip that exists from it please post it. Classic Arnold owing!

Did he really say that?? Fucking hilarious!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2009, 03:09:13 AM »
first of all why the fuck would a kid want a pic with lou??? the incredible hulk was way before there time.

and why do grown men pay to have a autographed pic from a pro???

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:51 AM »

Did he really say that?? Fucking hilarious!

Yes. Arnold really said that last year in front of thousands of spectators in the auditorium just before the Finals. I wish there was a YouTube clip of it somewhere. It was great!  :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2009, 05:42:48 AM »
first of all why the fuck would a kid want a pic with lou??? the incredible hulk was way before there time.

and why do grown men pay to have a autographed pic from a pro???

It's called memorabilia, not much different than having an autographed baseball from your favorite slugger or an autographed football from your favorite NFL superstar.

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:39 AM »
I met Lou ferrigno in october of 1993 when he guest posed 3 weeks after the 93 olympia. I asked him if he knew how ed corney was doing. Lou said he saw him a few weeks ago and was doing great.I bought a picture for $10.  He also was in great shape!! Now here is where it gets weird. Mike materazzo also guest posed and brought the house down .  When Lou came out his music sucked and he wasn't exactly getting an ovation.  He gets pissed off and flips off the crowd. Lou leaves halfway through his routine!!! The emcee just stood there like "now what". After the crowd "begged" him to comeback, lou finishes and tells the crowd " i love you". Swear  to god this is true.  I also found out that the hotel the promoters booked for him  wasn't good enough for lou. He wanted a 4 star hotel and room service to bring him chicken breasts. The promoters gave in.  Oh well, when your a "HUGE STAR" you can pull that bullshit.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2009, 06:07:20 AM »
how much getbig paid to start a thread about about lou ?
asstropin

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 09:24:20 AM »
how much getbig paid to start a thread about about lou ?
free, that's the beauty of it.
A

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 10:34:24 AM »