Author Topic: What happens after death?  (Read 11768 times)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
Re: What happens after death?
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »
thats because astrology is based on reality.and reality is the enemy of religion.....you'd think that a birth so celebrated and wrote and told about would have a legitimate birth date....the only people I can think of without a date of birth are the one's that never existed....oh I get it.

I see your point, however, Jesus' death was more important than his birth. If he would not of died for us, then we would not have a ransom sacrifice to cover over our sins. Therefore, his death date in the Bible is accurate to the hour. Also Christians are commanded to memorialize that date. By the way, I haven't' been able to find where Christians in the Bible ever celebrated their births. As a matter of fact, there are only two birthday celebrations mentioned in the Bible, which were put in a bad light by the Bible. It's a shame that false teachings are so prevalent regarding the Scriptures. This is why, in my opinion, as to the cause of such disbelief in the Bible as being the WOG.

If people would just take time and study the bible from front to back they would be able to see the false teachings that are purported as true teachings of the Bible. Again, the Bible in no way promotes astrology or the likes.

CG/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »
I never said the bible promotes astrology.as a matter of fact I could see why they would discourage people to study it as they would find the real reasons behind these supposed religious dates.and as far as people taking the time to study the bible.I agree.but not just the bible.all religion should be studied.do some research on all the religions that pre date Christianity.I doubt you will...
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »

DAWG

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
I am not trying to make you not believe in your god.but are you honesly saying there wasn't religion before Christianity?that worshiped other god?...It's a historical fact there were many many religions that pre date your personal religion.and many of Christianity's beliefs were borrowed from these religions.like you referring to the son.these ancient people worshiped the SUN.your religion changed it to the son.And if you studied astrology at all you'd see why/and when easter is easter and Christmas is Christmas.your religion has more to do with astrology than anything else.ancient people with no consept of the real world trying to figure out why there here.thats why Christian leaders persecuted Galileo(and others).they had the audacity to say the earth was round not flat.and that the earth revolved around the sun instead of sun around the earth.

I am not saying there was no religion before Christianity.  If fact, one of the reasons we have Christianity is because of the many false religions before Christ came and died for us.  I have acknowledged that many Christian practices today have come from things other than Christ.  This should not be.  There is one major factor that has been left out of this discussion.  One can not simply read the Word of God as he or she would read any other book.  There is a reason the Bible is referred to as the Living Word of God.  When a person sincerely seeks God (by way of Christ) through studying, prayer and fasting, truths are revealed.  The Bible teaches us that we are to come before God in a child-like manner.  That means we have to put aside our way of thinking a let God lead us; in the same manner our children do with us.  When the Living Word of God operates in a person, things will happen because of Faith.  There is Scripture that tells of a woman who had been sick for years.  This woman heard Jesus was going to be present.  She believed that if she could only touch the hem of His clothing she would be healed.  She did and she was.  There had been nothing written, and I would assume preached that said to touch His clothing.  Christ even said to this woman that her Faith had made her whole.  Do not be mislead by "Christian leaders."  The Bible teaches us that come judgement day, there are going to be those who will say, Lord, haven't  I done miracles in your Name?  Christ will tell some of these people that He does not know them.   I will end by saying that one can not be lukewarm when it comes to God.  God makes it very clear that a person is either with Him or against Him.  This is why I freely admit that there is much I have to learn, but I believe without doubt that God is God, Jesus is His Son and He died for our sins.  The only way to the true God is through Jesus Christ.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
I never said the bible promotes astrology.as a matter of fact I could see why they would discourage people to study it as they would find the real reasons behind these supposed religious dates.and as far as people taking the time to study the bible.I agree.but not just the bible.all religion should be studied.do some research on all the religions that pre date Christianity.I doubt you will...

And if you studied astrology at all you'd see why/and when easter is easter and Christmas is Christmas..your religion has more to do with astrology than anything else.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that friend. I took your comment the wrong way. I thought u were indicating it did. Again, sorry for the misinterpretation!.

I do agree about studying the other religions as well. I have researched a few (Hindu, Buddhism, etc). It just takes so much time to do so. If I'm not mistaken, there are around 3,000 or so, correct me if I'm wrong. There just isn't enough time for me personally to research all of them. Anyway, that's a good point!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »

One of the reasons I rarely get into these types of discussions (although you wouldn't know that by my recent postings) is because most people already have their minds made up.  There is absolutely nothing you can say that will change my mind about God and His son.  It would appear that there is nothing that I, or anyone, could say to change your perspective.  Let's just agree to disagree.

I agree with this.  Took me a while to learn it, but it's true.    

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »
the only people I can think of without a date of birth are the one's that never existed....oh I get it.

The Bible does give a general date, or rather to be more specific, clues to the YEAR. Just not the day and month.

GC/DEA_AGENT