Author Topic: relocating for 3 months - what to do with cats?  (Read 1171 times)

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
relocating for 3 months - what to do with cats?
« on: March 02, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »
i am relocating for 3 months and want to take my cats with me (they are 75 percent outdoor cats).  i am wondering if i should keep them inside at the new place, whether they would run and try to get back home, etc.  any thoughts?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: relocating for 3 months - what to do with cats?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
i am relocating for 3 months and want to take my cats with me (they are 75 percent outdoor cats).  i am wondering if i should keep them inside at the new place, whether they would run and try to get back home, etc.  any thoughts?

It's probably wise to keep them confined as long as possible.  Depending on how far away you relocate, they probably would try to go back - getting hurt or killed in the process.  Do you feed them indoors or out?  Maybe keep them inside for awhile - until they become unbearable  ;D (maybe if they have a lot of windows they won't have to go out  ???) - perhaps semi starve them before letting them out and then put their food (& water) outside, very close to the door.  It might encourage them to stick around  ???
: