Author Topic: I'm ashamed by almost buying MD  (Read 1441 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
I'm ashamed by almost buying MD
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:31:35 AM »
 :-[ 

Today at the grocery store I was thumbing thru an MD and I...I...I almost bought it :( 

It would have broken a streak of several years of not buying that crap.  But thankfully I placed it back on the newstand and left.  I apologize to all of my getbig brothers for this near temporary lapse of judgement.  I hope I can one day be forgiven by you all and regain your trust.   

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: I'm ashamed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »
:-[  Today at the grocery store I was thumbing thru an MD and I...I...I almost bought it :(  It would have broken a streak of several years of not buying that crap.  But thankfully I placed it back on the newstand and left.  I apologize to all of my getbig brothers for this near temporary lapse of judgement.  I hope I can one day be forgiven by you all and regain your trust.   

Well, you could have gotten 300 pages of advertisements about the latest bogus supplements for under ten $$!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:44 AM »
I bought an issue of Muscular Development in October last year to read on the plane coming back from Las Vegas from the Olympia. The flight was ten hours long and it took almost that long to flick through the adverts before I could find a training article. I ain't buying that crap again - I ended up reading my wife's gossip magazines instead.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:50:10 AM »
I bought an issue of Muscular Development in October last year to read on the plane coming back from Las Vegas from the Olympia. The flight was ten hours long and it took almost that long to flick through the adverts before I could find a training article. I ain't buying that crap again - I ended up reading my wife's gossip magazines instead.

bwahahahaah!!

The only MD i have ever had was the one i got for free when i joined MD forums again with a gimmick account after they had banned my "donkeykong"-account.

Finn1

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 04:02:05 AM »
:-[  Today at the grocery store I was thumbing thru an MD and I...I...I almost bought it :(  It would have broken a streak of several years of not buying that crap.  But thankfully I placed it back on the newstand and left.  I apologize to all of my getbig brothers for this near temporary lapse of judgement.  I hope I can one day be forgiven by you all and regain your trust.   

That was a close one. Thanks for sharing this and wasting 20 seconds of my life!  :)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:50 AM »
That was a close one. Thanks for sharing this and wasting 20 seconds of my life!  :)

Only 4 posts!!

Get out while you still can! Or the 20 seconds will become days, months and years!

Finn1

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 04:19:31 AM »
Only 4 posts!!

Get out while you still can! Or the 20 seconds will become days, months and years!

Think so? Dude I am just trying to ruin my life. Please let me try. Otherwise I will never know if I could have made it.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:20:54 AM »
Think so? Dude I am just trying to ruin my life. Please let me try. Otherwise I will never know if I could have made it.

Hi Bluto, welcome back.

Finn1

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 04:30:13 AM »
Hi Bluto, welcome back.

Bluto? Is he from Finland too? Voihan vitun vittu!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:19:38 AM »
Bluto? Is he from Finland too? Voihan vitun vittu!

Ei kiroilla perkele!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 06:08:01 AM »
Be grateful you got will power.
A

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: I'm ashamed by almost buying MD
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:15 AM »

We get Ironman Magazine, Flex Magazine, MuscleMag Magazine, Muscular Development Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Inside Fitness Magazine, and quite a few others, like Souther Muscle Magazine, Natural Muscle Magazine, DXL Magazine, etc.

Each has their own qualities in them, and we enjoy them at the office, especiallly sometimes looking at the various new supplements that have or are coming out.

Ironman Magazine is great, for using my pics (best part of it)
Flex Magazine has done well (Alan Donnelly is the new editor in chief)
MuscleMag Magazine is looking good (Larry Pepe, and Bill Gieiger is editor there)
Muscle & Fitness is more mainstream (Chris Lockwood is new editor there)

and so on..

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »

Each has their own qualities in them, and we enjoy them at the office, especiallly sometimes looking at the various new supplements that have or are coming out.

Ironman Magazine is great, for using my pics (best part of it)
Flex Magazine has done well (Alan Donnelly is the new editor in chief)
MuscleMag Magazine is looking good (Larry Pepe, and Bill Gieiger is editor there)
Muscle & Fitness is more mainstream (Chris Lockwood is new editor there)

and so on..

Translation:  "I didn't mention MD because it sucks ass and is run by a 120-lb bottom twink"
Ron: "I am lazy."

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
md when it mattered. it died along with jcg.
F