Author Topic: Why sting didn't go the WWE!!!  (Read 8262 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Why sting didn't go the WWE!!!
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:16:01 AM »

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Why sting didn't go the WWE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
I never seen that before.  Thanks.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
McMahon has always wanted Sting. He is the one guy Vince has never been able to "get". I understand his concern few WCW/NWA guys succeded in WWF/E unless they started out there. I think it would be pointless to bring him in now, not that he would agree to come.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »
You can see his point, not many of the WCW guys made it in WWE.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »
I have seen that.  Thanks. 

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
You can see his point, not many of the WCW guys made it in WWE.

A lot of guy that were big stars in the NWA did not either.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
I agree dark Sting is boring.  But I do think oneday he will be in the WWE Hall Of Fame, and there is a Pro Wrestling Hall Of Fame that has nothing to do with the WWE.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:45:42 AM »
The reason I was always so turned off by this guy is because I think he never hit his true potential. He went nowhere and was always recognized as a big name. Why? He was never on the big stage. Lets see him at Mania. Lets see him at Summerslam. When he turned dark and was always in the rafters with the smoke and the ball bat? I have been changing the channel everytime he comes on for ten years. Who follows this guy?

Yeah I would change the channel too.   I don't watch TNA but If I did I'm not too sure I would watch him.   I would have liked to see old Sting on a Mania.  He would not have been a big name had he went to WWE/F a long time ago.  He has just never impressed me.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:45:04 AM »
i'm not crazy about the new sting but i'm actually starting to like tna better at least they put on more matches in a 2 hour show. wwe's two main shows are putting on sometimes 4 matches in 2 hours, at least ecw another wwe show had 3 matches the first 20 minutes last week.bring in some more jobbers vince you might just find a diamond in the rough.
F

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:53 PM »
vince always held something against guys he didn't create, i don't blame sting for thinking it was a gamble

you guys didn't like dark sting?  i thought it was awesome how he went about 2 years without talking, he didn't have to talk his character had that dark mystique

one of the better characters in the NWO era imo, i never really liked the surfer Sting

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
badass

always liked the theme music too

E
E

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »

He is sitting back like he's a legend? He must have some fans some where? Mania 1-25? Never have seen him in one? Is there a WCW hall of Fame? Does he still carry a BB bat?

To me? He really is the most over-rated/over-paid Wrestling entertainer that the show has ever produced. Legend?

There must be a God? How else did this guy not get flushed ten years ago?

There was a WCW HOF I don't think it's still around.   To me he was ok before he went to the Crow wannabe gimmick.  But I honestly do not take him seriously and it has nothing to do with him not ever being in the WWF/E.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »
you thought he was "ok" with pink tights, bleach blond hair, and 60's era Batman music as his theme? ???

i don't know, i got pretty pumped when he came down through the rafters and single handedly destroyed the nwo

damn wrestling was cool back then :(

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:07 AM »
Damn Chef... You must have missed all of those Clash of the Champions that Sting went 60+ minutes with Flair in...

Sting is one of the greatest of all time... He could go 60 minutes at Mania and make everyone else on the card look like children.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »
I was all WWF. The Southern Wrestling didn't exist in my house. We were Hulkamania all the way. Could have, should have, would have? The Federation is the main stage. Everything they went through and they are still on top. 60 minutes? What would a Dark Sting do against The Undertaker? How would he have gone against The Rock and Austin? Anyone against HBK is always entertaining. I don't care about all the turn coats he beat in the WCW. All those NWO ex WWE guys. That doesn't count. Clash of Champions and Starcade cannot compare to WrestleMania. I don't know where your from? But in the North East Sting didn't exist.

Maybe so... but he existed everywhere else.

Starcade was better than wrestlemania many years... I watched them both, so I know what I'm talking about... Austin was all gimmick and about 5 moves. The rock was the same... Hogan... A joke.

Don't get me wrong, I liked all of them too, but as far as wrestling was concerned... None of them really was better than Flair and Flair vs. Sting was probably some of the best matches I've ever seen in my life.

You're saying because the WWF (which was ALL New England states) was all you saw that Sting was nothing? Man... During that NWO phase when WCW was kicking the pants out of WWF in ratings... a LOT of that was because of The Man Called Sting.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
WCW got shitty when they started the NWO crap....

WCW guys going over to WWF was always more interesting than WWF guys going over to WCW though...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
Flair vs. Sting.

First Clash of the Champions.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
Early days of NWO was my favorite time of wrestling. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
This is the way I saw it as well. The NWO sucked. Look what they did to Mr. Perfect. Sinful. But I did enjoy NWO Elizabeth!

I liked the NWO angle a LOT... When it started.

The NWO got played out though... They let that angle go on far too long. NWO black and NWO red? WTF?! It just got ridiculous.

Everyone and their brother went NWO and it just sucked ass.

In the beginning when it was Hall, Nash, Hogan, and you had the 4 horsemen representing the WCW, it was pretty good... I really liked it then.

It went downhill quickly though because it got played out.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »

that's when it got good

E
E

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »

Thats when their ratings went way up.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »
It wasn't my favorite. But emotionally. I've never been effected more emotionally like during those days. I was in my mid twenties. I tell you I hated those guys. Bischoff. You have no idea how much I despised this SOB. He still better hope I never see him. They really pressed my buttons.

LOl those were great times.  I was like a freshman/sophomore in HS at the time. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 01:46:05 AM »
vince always held something against guys he didn't create, i don't blame sting for thinking it was a gamble

you guys didn't like dark sting?  i thought it was awesome how he went about 2 years without talking, he didn't have to talk his character had that dark mystique

one of the better characters in the NWO era imo, i never really liked the surfer Sting

E

Exactly. He seems hell bent on only pushing his creations. Look at guys like Steamboat, world class wrestler, never got his due in WWF. Personally, I didn't care for dark Sting. It looked like a really bad "Crow" rip off.

I haven't watched that video yet, but I remember that Sting didn't or would not go to WWE more recently, because of his religious beliefs. Yes, he is a religious nut job.....
HAHA, RON.....