Author Topic: Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket !  (Read 2652 times)

James

Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket !

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket !
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:15:44 AM »
Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket !

I posted that yesterday.  His followers never address this.  NEVER!

Straw
Lurker
Benny

Never address this or Card Check.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:33:36 AM »
So he is counting on energy companies to search for alternative sources so they won't have to continue to pass the increased cost from this plan onto the consumer?  What are the chances this will happen?

R

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:47:23 AM »
So he is counting on energy companies to search for alternative sources so they won't have to continue to pass the increased cost from this plan onto the consumer?  What are the chances this will happen?

This is pure madness & insanity.  Only a Peter Pan like figure like Obama could think of these things.  The fool has never had a job, never run a business, never dealt in the private sector and has no clue what he is doing. 

This disaster will only result in higher energy bills, more govt agencies to voersee this train wreck, and more businesses sending jobs overseas.

________________________ ____
WTC

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:50:51 AM »
Notice how he didn't run on this during the election.

Nice Accountability.
Z

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »
This is pure madness & insanity.  Only a Peter Pan like figure like Obama could think of these things.  The fool has never had a job, never run a business, never dealt in the private sector and has no clue what he is doing. 

This disaster will only result in higher energy bills, more govt agencies to voersee this train wreck, and more businesses sending jobs overseas.

________________________ ____
WTC

I admit it doesn't seem to make sense.  Is there anyone in his inner circle that can see and explain to him the other sides of these things he is proposing? 

Do you think he is coming up with these ideas himself?

R

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 07:01:24 AM »
I admit it doesn't seem to make sense.  Is there anyone in his inner circle that can see and explain to him the other sides of these things he is proposing? 

He surrounds himself with far left people, his entire education is far left, his voting record is the most liberal in the senate, his pastor is a radcal racist for 20 years, his buddt Ayeres is a far left radical:

What do you expect????

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:04 AM »

There are many people that believe the oil companies are to blame and that forcing people to reduce their usage will save the planet.

Just today

http://in.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idINN0454844120090304

WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) - U.S. oil and natural gas producing companies should not receive federal subsidies in the form of tax breaks because their businesses contribute to global warming, U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told Congress on Wednesday.

It was one of the sharpest attacks yet on the oil and gas industry by a top Obama administration official, reinforcing the White House stance that new U.S. energy policy will focus on promoting renewable energy sources like wind and solar power and rely less on traditional fossil fuels like oil as America tackles climate change.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 07:26:21 AM »
There are many people that believe the oil companies are to blame and that forcing people to reduce their usage will save the planet.

Just today

http://in.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idINN0454844120090304

WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) - U.S. oil and natural gas producing companies should not receive federal subsidies in the form of tax breaks because their businesses contribute to global warming, U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told Congress on Wednesday.

It was one of the sharpest attacks yet on the oil and gas industry by a top Obama administration official, reinforcing the White House stance that new U.S. energy policy will focus on promoting renewable energy sources like wind and solar power and rely less on traditional fossil fuels like oil as America tackles climate change.

Saving the planet is utter fantasy and delusional.  First all of all Global Warming is lie and even the DiscoveryChannel.com said there is ZERO evidence of any warming since 2001.

Additionally, WTF would we ever handicap our economy when China, russia, and India are not doing the same??????????????????

This is pure madness.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
Saving the planet is utter fantasy and delusional.  First all of all Global Warming is lie and even the DiscoveryChannel.com said there is ZERO evidence of any warming since 2001.

Additionally, WTF would we ever handicap our economy when China, russia, and India are not doing the same??????????????????

This is pure madness.

I agree and I work in the green industry.
Z

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »
Instead of making it worse for everybody why not divert a few billions to universities that research these subjects and the government grants will make the government a partner in the patents to come, those patents revenues will be used to reduce the costs and clean up the globe.

Instead of giving away money to illegals and his friends in Fannie Mae, 1 billion to MIT can change the world....1 tiny billion out of the trillions he already spent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 07:35:52 AM »
I agree and I work in the green industry.

Look, I agree with green initiaves and if they work , excellent.  However, we need to keep oil reasonably priced as a bridge to something else for the time being.

All taxing them more is going to do is increase the cost for everyone.  

Why would any company set up a factory here in the USA if they are faced with these higher taxes????

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 08:05:55 AM »
Instead of making it worse for everybody why not divert a few billions to universities that research these subjects and the government grants will make the government a partner in the patents to come, those patents revenues will be used to reduce the costs and clean up the globe.

Instead of giving away money to illegals and his friends in Fannie Mae, 1 billion to MIT can change the world....1 tiny billion out of the trillions he already spent.

This is how it should be done. Research is the key to solving this problem.

There should also be initiatives used in the private sector with partnership of public money.

I think carbon taxes are a bad idea.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 08:09:50 AM »

There should also be initiatives used in the private sector with partnership of public money.

They are a terrible idea because it again empowers the government for new agencies and to use the money for all sorts of purposes that have nothing to do with the intended purpose.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 08:14:02 AM »

Yeah, I don't understand how they think they can fix things by being largely punitive.  Their punishments slide downhill right to the consumer they claim to care so much about.
R

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 08:17:44 AM »
They are a terrible idea because it again empowers the government for new agencies and to use the money for all sorts of purposes that have nothing to do with the intended purpose.

Are you speaking of my idea to support research more or the tax?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
Are you speaking of my idea to support research more or the tax?

I agree with tax breaks, research, incentives, etc for viable alternatives, not punitive taxes against those companies who supply us with reliable, affordable, and proven energy sources while we are in a recession/depression.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 08:36:22 AM »
I agree with tax breaks, research, incentives, etc for viable alternatives, not punitive taxes against those companies who supply us with reliable, affordable, and proven energy sources while we are in a recession/depression.

Yep I agree.

The funny thing is that clean energy can save the economy in short and long term aspects.
The biggest advantage the US have today is technology, investing in improving efficiencies and building high yield factories can easily become a major source of income for the US economy and it won't even need that much money.

Lets go all out and give 50bil to research and building these very expensive factories, but the income will be many times more since in technology all that matters if you got the best product, once you get far enough ahead you have no competitors and the US can completely control this huge market.

And 50bil is a tiny drop in the US GDP.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »

Yep I agree.

The funny thing is that clean energy can save the economy in short and long term aspects.
The biggest advantage the US have today is technology, investing in improving efficiencies and building high yield factories can easily become a major source of income for the US economy and it won't even need that much money.

Lets go all out and give 50bil to research and building these very expensive factories, but the income will be many times more since in technology all that matters if you got the best product, once you get far enough ahead you have no competitors and the US can completely control this huge market.

And 50bil is a tiny drop in the US GDP.

That is my point.  They are looking at taxing companies over 600 billion dollars, while you have a solution that will cost a fraction of that.

Obama admitted that these taxes will cause peoples' energy bills to go up. 

I truly believe Obama hatespeople and enjoys suffering and feels we should all be punished.  The man is truly deranged. 

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 08:59:33 AM »
That is my point.  They are looking at taxing companies over 600 billion dollars, while you have a solution that will cost a fraction of that.

Obama admitted that these taxes will cause peoples' energy bills to go up. 

I truly believe Obama hatespeople and enjoys suffering and feels we should all be punished.  The man is truly deranged. 

Also, it won't change the situation since the money from the tax goes to his greedy hands instead into research.

What will happen is that the richest and most polluting companies will cause smaller companies to go bankrupt due to fines from the government since they won't be able to afford to buy enough pollution permits.

Can anyone really fight with Exxon mobile in a bidding war? Shit...they will buy and resale it later...or just buy permits to make others go bankrupt.

Fucking lame idea.

Maybe...maybe if all the revenues from this shitty tax would go directly to spending on actually researching and solving the problem then it might help.