Author Topic: question for experts  (Read 758 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
question for experts
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »
theres some Olympic lifter who sometimes trains at my gym...he's a national contender missed the 2008 Olympics and hopes to make the 2012 in london...   hes about 160 or so.. strong as fuck toooo..... while chating with him today i asked him what he recommends as the best leg workout... and he responded weighted plyometrics, snatches, clean and jerk, push press, Olympic style squats,to summarize it nothing but power movements....  low reps high sets ....he has the sickest legs i have ever seen...

now why do these power "explosive" movements cause greater leg development? will the strain of snatching and clean and jerking inhibit growth of something like shoulders and chest? (his upper body isnt nearly as developed as his lower) he has a strong upper body benching over 300 lbs for a single, and power pressing over 275 for a single @ a bw of 160..... but how to incorporate olympic lifting into a bodybuilding friendly routine? 

and please not stupid responses......  ;D
jp stupid responses are always welcomed on getbig

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: question for experts
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »
anyone maybe coach's input ???

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:32:57 PM »
The style of training that your friend outlines obviously works, but it's extremely hard. Most cats will never endure that type of training long enough to get the results. Give it a try, but competitive, world class Olympic lifting is phenomenally hard, and that is exactly what gave your friend the results you saw.
a

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
The style of training that your friend outlines obviously works, but it's extremely hard. Most cats will never endure that type of training long enough to get the results. Give it a try, but competitive, world class Olympic lifting is phenomenally hard, and that is exactly what gave your friend the results you saw.

true dat he squats 4 times a week works out 6 days a week and is anal about everything for rest between sets to his diet....
but thats what it takes to make an Olympic team  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »
most getbiggers had olympian potential, sub-4.19 times, etc.... but we all wanted to focus upon our community college goals.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
most getbiggers had olympian potential, sub-4.19 times, etc.... but we all wanted to focus upon our community college goals.

ha ha ha  ;D ;D :D :D

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
no one ??? coach??/
how to incorporate a Olympic lifting into a bodybuilding routine?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
theres some Olympic lifter who sometimes trains at my gym...he's a national contender missed the 2008 Olympics and hopes to make the 2012 in london...   hes about 160 or so.. strong as fuck toooo..... while chating with him today i asked him what he recommends as the best leg workout... and he responded weighted plyometrics, snatches, clean and jerk, push press, Olympic style squats,to summarize it nothing but power movements....  low reps high sets ....he has the sickest legs i have ever seen...

now why do these power "explosive" movements cause greater leg development? will the strain of snatching and clean and jerking inhibit growth of something like shoulders and chest? (his upper body isnt nearly as developed as his lower) he has a strong upper body benching over 300 lbs for a single, and power pressing over 275 for a single @ a bw of 160..... but how to incorporate olympic lifting into a bodybuilding friendly routine? 

and please not stupid responses......  ;D
jp stupid responses are always welcomed on getbig

The guy is probably at the top of the gene pool when it comes to genetics for muscle and strength. He is an elite athlete and this is why he has that sort of development.