Author Topic: Better than Arnold?  (Read 1665 times)

Balloon

• Getbig III
Better than Arnold?
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
Certainly better conditioning

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Better than Arnold?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »
He should have won a Mr. O

Awesome build. Looked great when heavy and when light.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
He should have won a Mr. O

He won the over 200 class, I think in 78-79. But lost to Zane in the overall, so he wasn't officially Mr. Olympia.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
He won the over 200 class, I think in 78-79. But lost to Zane in the overall, so he wasn't officially Mr. Olympia.

yea but he looked a lot better than the 170 lb skeleton.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »

Robby was awesome

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »
Great, but not better than Arnold.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 05:16:34 PM »
This man had a physique better than Arnold.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »
This man had a physique better than Arnold.

stop

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 05:17:38 PM »
Was my favourite when I first started lifting. Legs were sub-par, but the rest was amazing. Seemed to be supremely confident and calm. 'Course, when you live through the shit, maybe Venice Beach is a cakewalk.

/like the Black Power 'fro

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »
Was my favourite when I first started lifting. Legs were sub-par, but the rest was amazing. Seemed to be supremely confident and calm. 'Course, when you live through the shit, maybe Venice Beach is a cakewalk.

/like the Black Power 'fro

yeah no kidding , Robby is unique in the sport the hero of many bodybuilders

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »
Not better than Arnold but pretty damn close-he had dryness and density like only a few others like Columbu and Yates have had, along with impressive size, aesthetics and tapers. In person the physique stood out even amongst other greats-the muscles looked like they were knotted. The best physique of the late 70s along with Padilla and Fox IMO. Clearly should have won an Olympia somewhere along the way except for politics, as can be seen in this '78 video-he and Callendar were as or more cut than Zane, with alot more size, so the decision was BS. He was too heavy and smooth in '77 though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/mr.%252Bolympia/video/x2s3jd_mr-olympia-1978_extreme

His legs were actually pretty good, considering that many guys didn't have great legs then-hams were outrageous, far superior to virtually anyone else and not as obvious in pics as when seen in person. Quads had good size, shape and sweep, cuts when he was in shape were decent. Calves were not bad-not tiny and had good shape. Overall, powerful looking football legs.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
Not better than Arnold but pretty damn close-he had dryness and density like only a few have had over the decades, along with impressive size and tapers. The best physique of the late 70s along with Padilla and Fox IMO. Clearly should have won an Olympia somewhere along the way except for politics, as can be seen in this '78 video-he and Callendar were as or more cut than Zane, with alot more size, so the decision was BS. He was too heavy and smooth in '77 though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/mr.%252Bolympia/video/x2s3jd_mr-olympia-1978_extreme

Ha ha ha more cut than Zane my ass , you're so full of shit ..Zane was the epitome of conditioning in the 70s and Robby like Samir was always trying to work his out , enough with the politics cry whenever a white guy wins seriously it's tired already

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »
Ha ha ha more cut than Zane my ass , you're so full of shit ..Zane was the epitome of conditioning in the 70s and Robby like Samir was always trying to work his out , enough with the politics cry whenever a white guy wins seriously it's tired already

Meltdown. The video proof utterly refutes your stock overturns your stock fantasty excuses for the IFBB and Zane 8 LOL Robby was as cut as Zane and alot bigger.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
yea but he looked a lot better than the 170 lb skeleton.

I agree. But for three years, the judges leaned towards that skeleton. I'd like to see if Robby could do a vacuum like Zane did....

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
I agree. But for three years, the judges leaned towards that skeleton. I'd like to see if Robby could do a vacuum like Zane did....

Everyone has certain poses they're better at; doesn't mean much overall to point out one shot.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Meltdown. It's all in the video dumbass, completely overturning your stock fantasty excuses for the IFBB and Zane that Robby wasn't in shape in '78 LOL he was as cut as Zane and alot bigger.

Again default excuses with you , Robbies problem was conditioning and it was Zane's strong point . a common pattern with you is excuses whenever a white guy beats a black get over it already

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 05:33:07 PM »

Robby himself said Zane was very unassuming backstage didn't look like much UNTIL he posed and his physique exploded ....Zane was deceptive this way no politics needed

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
Everyone has certain poses they're better at; doesn't mean much overall to point out one shot.

Read into what I posted, why don't you.
I speculated. I did not, did not, say anywhere that I think Robbie should have won over Zane if he could do that one pose or anything of the sort.
All I meant/said was that I would like to see Robby do that pose, because even Zane looks wicked in it. I think if Robby could pull it off, he'd look phenomenal.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 05:35:52 PM »

This coming from YOU of all people lol irony alert

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »
Where?  All I see is an inferior black man. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »
Read into what I posted, why don't you.
I speculated. I did not, did not, say anywhere that I think Robbie should have won over Zane if he could do that one pose or anything of the sort.
All I meant/said was that I would like to see Robby do that pose, because even Zane looks wicked in it. I think if Robby could pull it off, he'd look phenomenal.

ouch lol he gets defensive whenever you question his ebony heros

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 05:40:25 PM »
ouch lol he gets defensive whenever you question his ebony heros

Straight from one of getbig's most outstanding white BB schmoes. :-*

Calendar was in better shape than either of them. Zane was the least cut of the three.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

Actually you implied something like it or not, by leaving out the part you just added about Robinson. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »
Straight from one of getbig's favorite white BB schmoes. :-*

More projection , I don't base race on contest placings YOU do , I never claimed Dorian should have beat Haney in 91 or Arnold should have beat Sergio in 69 , you're the one who cries politics every single occasion a white guys beat a black one that's your hang up , I was rooting for Flex Wheeler in 1993 ...opppssssss so much for that one  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
Where?  All I see is an inferior black man. 

Shhhhhh don't say that pumpster gets upset