Author Topic: HELP!! Need advice about person abusing/neglecting child and dogs  (Read 1922 times)

Bharper

• Getbig II
Hello all, I'm new here and I'd like to say that this is a nice board.  I'm a vet on OLM and have been in the scene for a long time.  I came over here b/c you have a political section and I like talking about politics.  Anyway, I'd like to get some opinions on the situation I'm in.  Thanks

I am in a tough situation. I had a service call at a private residence. When I entered the house, it felt like I was walking into a garbage dumpster. The smell was horrid and the house was dirtier than any crack house I had ever seen (on TV). The house was a two story house with 3-4 bedrooms. There was trash, garbage and "stuff" stacked floor to ceiling throughout the house. I couldn't even see the floor. I am not exaggerating on bit. It was disgusting. I had to go upstairs and look at the plasma that this fat slob owned.

The only way I could get through the house was to follow a narrow path where there wasn't junk stacked floor to ceiling. To make it worse, there were two beautiful, young golden retrievers living in the filth. They had no were to lie down without lying on junk.

I had to take her plasma apart and asked her if I could use a table. It was impossible to use any furniture except her bed. not one inch of the house was usable. She took the covers off her disgusting bed and I had to work on this filthy stinky bed. It was the cleanest place in the house but it smelled and was gross.

After being there for 20 mins, this dirt bag's 13-14 year old son walked in. I immediately got pissed that this kid had to live in this trash. As I left the house, I had to walk pass the kids room and his door was open. There was 2 1/2 - 3 ft of stuff covering every inch of the floor in his room.

The bathroom looked like someone shit all over it.

I'm concerned for the welfare of the kid. Not only was he dirty, he seemed like he was mal nourished.

I wanted to take pictures of the house, but the fat ass watched me like a hawk. I think I should report her b/c she is ruining he child's life. It is going to mess up a lot of things in his life. I also feel horrible for the dogs. I know she never walks them, she admitted it.

I was thinking about calling Child protective services and the humane league. I really don't like involving gov agencies but I think the alternative of not involving them is worse. Maybe the lady will get the help she needs and the kid can get an idea of what is normal

What do you guys think about this? Just picture a house filed top to bottom with JUNK and only a narrow path running through it. It is a MAJOR fire hazard. There is no way anyone would get out alive if there was a fire.

What would you guys do?

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: HELP!! Need advice about person abusing/neglecting child and dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
report it. if you dont it may never get reported and situations like this only get worse.

Bharper

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:22 PM »
report it. if you dont it may never get reported and situations like this only get worse.

That is what I think. I just have a hard time turning someone over to the government.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
I'd definitely report it to the Humane Society for the animals and also probably to Child Services if the kid really looked malnourished and the place was a fire hazard.

It's weird, my husband found a dog running loose by his office once and we brought it home for the night.  We alerted the humane society, the radio, etc to find the owner who called the next day.  The dog didn't have a collar (it had a bathrobe belt around it's neck when my husband found it).   I gave it a collar we had never used.  I took the dog to it's house which had no yard.  The lady opened the door and it was messy in there but nothing like you talked about Bharper, except for there were PILES OF DOG POOP all over the place.  She also had an enormous TV lol.  On a good note, the dog was in really good shape and seemed really happy.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
Also from someone I asked to comment on the thread:

"He should call the health department and/or child services and they should take it from there.  He could also call animal control and they in turn would probably notify the other authorities. "
R

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »