Author Topic: First Nee now Mariusz  (Read 3888 times)

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
First Nee now Mariusz
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: First Nee now Mariusz
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
Damn! Hope he is good for WSM.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
having tore both my bi's ive come to realize that powerlifting and strongman plays hell on that particular connection.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »
having tore both my bi's ive come to realize that powerlifting and strongman plays hell on that particular connection.

It can for sure. Most go their whole career without a biceps tear though. Its a matter of learning how to keep the biceps out of movements. Deadlift and hercules hold are two events that this injury can definitely be avoided if you stay within your limits. When Kevin Nee popped his bi at the Fit Expo, it was because he just wouldnt accept his limits. Others stopped where they knew it was getting too dangerous, he did not. FOr example Nick Best has done far more weight than he put up that day but he knew there was a lot more ahead and quit. He ended up taking 2nd in the competition anyway.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:44:19 AM »
 :'(

:)

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
It can for sure. Most go their whole career without a biceps tear though. Its a matter of learning how to keep the biceps out of movements. Deadlift and hercules hold are two events that this injury can definitely be avoided if you stay within your limits. When Kevin Nee popped his bi at the Fit Expo, it was because he just wouldnt accept his limits. Others stopped where they knew it was getting too dangerous, he did not. FOr example Nick Best has done far more weight than he put up that day but he knew there was a lot more ahead and quit. He ended up taking 2nd in the competition anyway.

I don't know bro. Strongman is all about pushing your limit and doing things you really shouldn't do. If I had to guess on Kevin, I'd say it's a combination of overtraining and that fact that his muscles are probably much stronger than his tendons/ligaments/etc due to his usage.

JMO. What the hell do I know anyways, I'm always hurt!

Monopoly

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
I don't know bro. Strongman is all about pushing your limit and doing things you really shouldn't do. If I had to guess on Kevin, I'd say it's a combination of overtraining and that fact that his muscles are probably much stronger than his tendons/ligaments/etc due to his usage.

JMO. What the hell do I know anyways, I'm always hurt!

Monopoly

You're right. I just dont like torn muscles! ;D Seriously, they suck. :(

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »
yea that sucks.....speaking of nee.what ever happened to that chump that was posting on here claiming to be him.must of got ran off.
DAWG

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
I hope Mariusz can recover fast...
S

Magnus

• Getbig III
  • my english sucks (not from US)