Author Topic: Tony Mandarich  (Read 12752 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tony Mandarich
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Another note about Bush:  he led the team in receptions as a rookie with 52 and was second in 07 and 08 with 73 and 88, respectively. 

That has to be as good or better than any RB in the NFL during that period, particularly for a RB who is splitting time. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
westbrook has more catches in that time period. Jones-drew is up there too

bush also led the team in td's on special teams last year. Something a #1 rb doesnt do, ever.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »
westbrook has more catches in that time period. Jones-drew is up there too

bush also led the team in td's on special teams last year. Something a #1 rb doesnt do, ever.

You're right about Westbrook.  Has a few more catches than Bush during that period.  Jones-Drew isn't really close. 

RBs almost never return punts.  That's part of what makes Bush special. 

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »
Last year Payton was studying the Eagles offense to get Bush to be more like Westbrook. Didn't happen. Bush is a bust (so far). He has the numbers of a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best. Its still early though. At least he has Kim Kardashion.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
bush doesnt have the instincts yet to be on wb's level, nor will he ever imo. Not to mention bush was ultra fumble prone.

but to be fair the eagles have had a top 5 offensive line for the past few years, that has nothing to do with bush's inablility to hold on to the rock though.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »
Andre Wadsworth was another bust... wasn't he picked right after Ryan Leaf? Everybody calls Leaf the biggest bust ever... but they forget Wadsworth was drafted right after him.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

body88

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »
You're right about Westbrook.  Has a few more catches than Bush during that period.  Jones-Drew isn't really close. 

RBs almost never return punts.  That's part of what makes Bush special. 

Maroney did it his rookie year.... he the league in return yards that year.  Most backs don't return kicks because they produce running the ball (unlike Bush) and you don't want to risk injury on a punt or kick return.   Bush is not special.  He's good, but I've shown you why he is vastly overrated and not worth the money that he is being paid.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »
ANDRE WARE ANOTHER ONE,was touted from unv houston set passing records,nfl nada....

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
bush doesnt have the instincts yet to be on wb's level, nor will he ever imo. Not to mention bush was ultra fumble prone.

but to be fair the eagles have had a top 5 offensive line for the past few years, that has nothing to do with bush's inablility to hold on to the rock though.

The Saints have a pretty decent offensive line, though.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
The Saints have a pretty decent offensive line, though.

their quite average IMO

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2009, 11:23:31 AM »

Maroney did it his rookie year.... he the league in return yards that year.  Most backs don't return kicks because they produce running the ball (unlike Bush) and you don't want to risk injury on a punt or kick return.   Bush is not special.  He's good, but I've shown you why he is vastly overrated and not worth the money that he is being paid.

Maroney returned punts?  I don't see any punt return stats:  http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/careerstats?id=MAR273311

Highly unusual for a RB to return punts. 

body88

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2009, 06:26:10 PM »
Maroney returned punts?  I don't see any punt return stats:  http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/careerstats?id=MAR273311

Highly unusual for a RB to return punts. 

Excuse me...kicks - not punts!  Your right about that.  We are beating a dead horse here anyway.  You showed me a few things about Bush that back me off the total bust, stance.  However, I do think he is somewhat of a bust ( if you look at the ROI for the Saints).

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
their quite average IMO

True but I don't see Bush doing good with a great offensive line anyway...he's not a carry the load runningback. Never was never will be.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »

Excuse me...kicks - not punts!  Your right about that.  We are beating a dead horse here anyway.  You showed me a few things about Bush that back me off the total bust, stance.  However, I do think he is somewhat of a bust ( if you look at the ROI for the Saints).

I understand your point and I think you can certainly make the argument that he hasn't produced like someone taken that high in the draft should.  I'll give him, Leinart, Young, Mario Williams, etc. a little more time before calling anyone of them a bust, underachievers, etc.