Author Topic: Kai's days as a natural - are they helping him now?  (Read 2815 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Kai's days as a natural - are they helping him now?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »
 It's been said that the best bodybuilders will spend time building a "base" before crossing over to the Dark Side.

It's true. Very true, in fact ! Ronnie, obviously, is living proof.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
Put that stupid ass smiley on this page all you want.  That was the case with Kai years back.  If you do/don't believe his claims__  your right..
no offense but when someone claims they squatted 800 and benched 500 as a natural teenager but there's no footage of it anywhere makes me believe it didn't happen, real lifts= squat 600, bench 385-400, still extremely impressive.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »
no offense but when someone claims they squatted 800 and benched 500 as a natural teenager but there's no footage of it anywhere makes me believe it didn't happen, real lifts= squat 600, bench 385-400, still extremely impressive.

x2

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
 It's been said that the best bodybuilders will spend time building a "base" before crossing over to the Dark Side.

It's true, Arnold didn't start dbol until his was 16.

I would see Kai occasionally at Jonny Lats in NYC in 1999.   Never occurred to me that he wasn't juiced.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »
Kai looks great and his transformation is amazing but don't compare him to Ronnie.
It's Hip to be Square!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
Did Kai do himself a huge favor by competing all those years without gear?  He won the team universe a couple of times and was a lock to win any natural show in which he competed. 

Question is: did all of those years of heavy training without gear set him up as a hyper responder?  He has a completely different look than anyone else onstage.  The guy just has slabs of conditioned muscle everywhere. 
Yes.

Kai competed in the NGA and WNBF for years prior to coming to the NPC and competing in Team U. He was a absolute freak back then as a young man in his teens and early twenties. Whether he was using anything while competing in all those drug tested shows is something none of us know. I think we can all safely say he was not taking anywhere near what he is taking now. It definitely appears to me that he built a very strong foundation in those early years, not to mention a strong work ethic that comes form not getting quick and easy results.
!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »

"Anyone" can squat 800 and bench 500. The question is, how deep was the squat and how much of a spot did he get on the bench. But of course, Kai wasn't as strong as Ronnie as a teenager.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
Kai looks great and his transformation is amazing but don't compare him to Ronnie.

ronnie was as straight as a man can get and kai is simply a homo

dustin

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »
"Natural" means under a gram of androgens, little to no peptides and doing no more than a few cycles each year. C'mon! ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »
ronnie was as straight as a man can get and kai is simply a homo

Ronnie did a very homosexual butt shaking routine once.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
Ronnie did a very homosexual butt shaking routine once.

More than once :)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
being natural in those early years will have its benefits when he retires from pro bb'ding-- it will also show when and if he decides to stop working out

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
I think Kai's problem is going to be that he is going to keep trying to get bigger...Just like Ronnie...However Kai doesn't have the structure that Ronnie had/has...Kai chest is really small and you can tell he is a hard gainer in the chest...Ronnie had the massive chest to take away a bit from the massive belly...Kai won't have that luxury...And Kai's Quads are really starting to take on that balloon type look that Ronnie had in his...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »

I've heard that too. But, the problem is that once a guy starts taking steroids, some people acts as if that guy was never natural.

They act as if the second he started pumping those cement weights that his dad/uncle/brother left in the garage, before his first sip of protein powder (no, not Nitro-Tech, even though it addeth 2400% more mass than the regular milk of the fatted calf  ;D ), they not only started using drugs but were taking everything but the kitchen sink (in ungodly quantities).