Author Topic: ECA vs Clen  (Read 1537 times)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
ECA vs Clen
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:00:44 PM »
What are the performance differences between ECA and Clen.  I have tried ECA before, and it worked well, but I am looking for something more.  Does Clen have the same withdrawl that ECA has?  With ECA I could take it in the morning and be able to sleep at night, with Clen will I be wired for days straight?  Also with ECA I noticed it was hard to gain muscle while on it.  Does clen have any anti catabolic qualities to it?  Also is there any particular brand / place to buy anyone recommends?  I am looking to shed fat while continuing to increase lean muscle.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: ECA vs Clen
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:30:45 AM »
http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3290&highlight=Clen

Do a search....this particular subject is posted every week in some form or another.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
What are the performance differences between ECA and Clen.  I have tried ECA before, and it worked well, but I am looking for something more.  Does Clen have the same withdrawl that ECA has?  With ECA I could take it in the morning and be able to sleep at night, with Clen will I be wired for days straight?  Also with ECA I noticed it was hard to gain muscle while on it.  Does clen have any anti catabolic qualities to it?  Also is there any particular brand / place to buy anyone recommends?  I am looking to shed fat while continuing to increase lean muscle.

Clen can have a lot of sides, depending on how sensitive you are to stims.  Doesn't mean YOU will experience all of them or any of them for the entire duration of the cycle.  Headaches, esp. the first couple of days are common.  You can take something for that if necessary. 

Jitteriness is also very common and sometimes it's almost "involuntary".  The "wired" feeling is different.  With ECA it's usually "wired" with mental "clarity/focus", but clen is "wired" with "disconnect/distraction".  It's not something you "feel working" necessarily the entire cycle, but that doesn't mean it isn't (so don't keep increasing the dose).  I'd suggest logging your basal temp before starting, and monitor it throughout for a better indicator of "is it working?"

While it is anti-catabolic, it is not anabolic and therefore the likelihood of gaining muscle is slim to none, however, you probably won't lose as much. Muscle cramps are common.  It has a tendency to deplete taurine levels so taurine & potassium supplementation are warrented along with LOTS of water.  It also increases muscle hardness, vascularity, strength and size on a caloric deficit. A higher protein(1.5g per lb of bodyweight), moderate carb (0.5g to 1g per lb of bodyweight), low fat diet(0.25g per lb of bodyweight) seems to work best with Clen. 

It can be used as a stimulant, but an ECA stack may be a better choice because of its much shorter half-life. To take full advantage of the stimulatory effects of Clen, carbohydrates must be included in the diet. Ketogenic diets do not work well in this case.  Steady state cardio vs HIIT style cardio seems to work better too since it can interfere with your breathing (during high intensity cardio).

A 2 week on/ 2 week off cycle WORKS although there are some who take it straight through, IMO it doesn't improve results.  ECA can be used during the "off" weeks to avoid a total crash, but again, it doesn't improve results, just prevents the "crash" but doesn't give your CNS a break.

Now, there are some who have an odd side - sleepiness  :o - but if you're not one of those rare ducks, then don't take it late in the day and you should be able to sleep.

Oh, and don't mix it with other stims (Ephedra, yohimbine, etc).  That would be a recipe for disaster - blood pressure, etc.
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »

To take full advantage of the stimulatory effects of Clen, carbohydrates must be included in the diet.

do you have any kind of proof or evidence for this

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »

It's been many years since I read/learned that.  I don't recall where  ??? Maybe in one of Lyle's books or Duchaine's   ???
:

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »
Thanks for the detailed explanation.  Maybe it was just my impression from reading other threads, but does clen burn fat faster than ECA?  ( Assuming active lifestyle with daily cardio ).  Also how bad is the tweaking part you mentioned? ( not being able to focus / distracted tweaking ). I always liked the focus ephedra would give me to get stuff done.  Unfortunately for every high there was a low where I got nothing done.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »

I was gonna ask the same question, I've never heard of this.