Author Topic: Contest Trophies  (Read 2139 times)

john lassen

• Getbig I
Contest Trophies
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:38:19 PM »
What does a sword have to do with bodybuilding? (is it a conan the barbarian thing,I dont get it). Seems that trophies should be awarded and I suppose some statues can be cool, but again,what does a sword have to do with bodybuilding as an award for winning overall contest,this is not martial arts.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Contest Trophies
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »
What does a sword have to do with bodybuilding? (is it a conan the barbarian thing,I dont get it). Seems that trophies should be awarded and I suppose some statues can be cool, but again,what does a sword have to do with bodybuilding as an award for winning overall contest,this is not martial arts.

At first their was just medals, then there were various trophies, different kinds, etc.  At the Arnold Classic, they have these special crystal type of trophies which look great, and are more expensive.  But people wanted to be different. Some have placques to put on the wall, and some have swords to the overall winners.  It does look cool.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
At first their was just medals, then there were various trophies, different kinds, etc.  At the Arnold Classic, they have these special crystal type of trophies which look great, and are more expensive.  But people wanted to be different. Some have placques to put on the wall, and some have swords to the overall winners.  It does look cool.

if they gave out swords for slaying female slut vagina, your house would look like a medieval armory, you stud you!
Deep Tissue Massage

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
Myself and Stuntmovie promoted the first Gold's Classic in Honolulu back in 1990.  He came up with the idea to have the winner pull a sword out of a stone as a symbol of strength.  I can't remember what movie or fabel that is from.  Where everyone tried to pull the sword from the stone and only one person could.  Anyway, it was pretty cool.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
Myself and Stuntmovie promoted the first Gold's Classic in Honolulu back in 1990.  He came up with the idea to have the winner pull a sword out of a stone as a symbol of strength.  I can't remember what movie or fabel that is from.  Where everyone tried to pull the sword from the stone and only one person could.  Anyway, it was pretty cool.
soooo 80s hahaha

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »

Excalibur..

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »
here is the new mr.olympia trophy

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »
haaaha dude your on fire tonite!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »

How fitting.... ;D
HAHA, RON.....

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 02:22:08 AM »

If you ask a retard like Bay, he'll say that it signifies the phallus, which in turn implies an innate, hidden inclination towards homosexuality that all males harbor. The reality is, it's not far fetched, given bodybuilding is about strength and power and a sword makes for a cool trophy with all the symbolism that comes with it.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:22 AM »
Get fucking in there!!