Author Topic: and the winner of the 2009 Mr. Olympia is......  (Read 5158 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: and the winner of the 2009 Mr. Olympia is......
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:03 AM »
God i fucking hope not.....

I got a pretty strong feeling Dex won't make it a double.....i actually think Jay has a shot at No.3.  8)

Me too, if Dex doesnt come bigger and more ripped than 08, which i doubt because its very hard for his structure, he wont make it for 2 sandows.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 04:42:57 AM »
Me too, if Dex doesnt come bigger and more ripped than 08, which i doubt because its very hard for his structure, he wont make it for 2 sandows.

Well that's the thing. IMO (and a lot of others) the Olympia is the big one, and it should go to a big guy. Dex looks fantastic, but i'd rather have Jay as our Mr.O than Dex.

Again that's just my opinion, but a 5'6 235lb guy is too small for the Sandow...
No doubt about it...

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:12 AM »
Well….

First of all it I am 101% sure it will not be Kai!! Seriously I think he will not make it to the Olympia stage, I have a feeling that he may suffer from something just weeks out of the O.  Even though, I started to like his physique since he won the Arnold.  However, I think he was pretty much lucky since he faced an 85% Victor Martinez! The title was between them and it was ok with me if any one of them took it. Furthermore, If Kai make it to the O this year he will not even dream of beating Phil Heath ! ;)

Now let us talk a little bit about Phil Heath,  I am 102% sure that he will display one of the best physique in the history of BB and will look the much improved, shredded,  most aesthetic , prettiest etc…….. & most deserved to win the 2009 Mr. O title, but I am 0% sure they will give it to him (Due for not being Muscle tech Athlete)  :-\

On Dexter Jackson side I am 103% sure he will look as always with no major improvements (Calves free, High Lats, invisible Tris, suspicious Biceps peak, lack of quads Separation)  ;)

Finally, Jay Cutler will look as jay cutler always does with slightly better conditioned (the same difference from Mr. O 07 to Mr. O 08 which in my eyes still SHITTY condition for IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER.  In Addition, even if he looks up with a slightly better condition he will show what he always shows e.g.  SHITTY WATERY BACK WITH WRINKLES, WIDEST WASTE LINE, ARMS FOR A 202 BODYBUILDER, HIS LEFT LEG WILL ALWAYS DOMINATE HIS RIGHT CAUSING UGLY  SYMMETRY.   :-\

Finally, the Olympia title will be a pace of cake for either Dexter or Jay (Muscletech Athletes)  :-X

(mark my words even I wish not to happen)  :'(
Corvette Lover

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
Well that's the thing. IMO (and a lot of others) the Olympia is the big one, and it should go to a big guy. Dex looks fantastic, but i'd rather have Jay as our Mr.O than Dex.

Again that's just my opinion, but a 5'6 235lb guy is too small for the Sandow...

Well in magazine pictures, height doesnt matter...Dex looks marketable and awesome on photoshoots, Jay too... not that the other guys dont look marketable.

But in real world, on expos on guest posings etc. A Mr. Olympia should be a BIG guy.

BUT also check Dex in this guest posing he looks absolutely insane.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »
Well in magazine pictures, height doesnt matter...Dex looks marketable and awesome on photoshoots, Jay too... not that the other guys dont look marketable.

But in real world, on expos on guest posings etc. A Mr. Olympia should be a BIG guy.

BUT also check Dex in this guest posing he looks absolutely insane.

dex is in better conditioning there that jay is on the olympia stage.

oh and if kai wins mr olympia i will nevr post on getbig again.
175lbs by 31st July

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »
We need a guy with height and width who is lean year round

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:51 AM »
Kai is the best bodybuilder in the world,love him or hate him

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 06:39:50 AM »
Kai is the best bodybuilder in the world,love him or hate him

hahahahahahahahahaha no

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
175lbs by 31st July

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 06:40:51 AM »
Yes Kai is more ripped and much bigger than Dexter,and Kai has lovely hair

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »
and the ring in his nose dont forget

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 06:43:45 AM »
Yes the ring in his nose also...And he can walk like a predator,Dexter clearly cant

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »
his gut is certainly bigger, and his legs.

but dex is far more complete.
175lbs by 31st July

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 06:47:41 AM »
We'll agree to disagree

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »
Kai has proven to us all he has what it takes to claim that Olympia title...

Hope he can pull it off
No he hasn't.  He's proven he has what it takes to win the Arnold Classic.  If that were enough, every Arnold Classic champ would have had a realistic shot at the O.

No matter how good he is, his checkered past will keep him out of the winner's spot.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 07:00:10 AM »
if you put politics aside Kai's Arnold Classic '09 showing would have won the 2008 Olympia.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 07:07:02 AM »
if you put politics aside Kai's Arnold Classic '09 showing would have won the 2008 Olympia.

ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha - you must not of been at either show!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 07:08:22 AM »
ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha - you must not of been at either show!

let me  guess.  smooth as hell Freeman should have one.  Oh yeah, did you forget to tell Dave and Toney my pre show advise.  LOL.

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
Need a white guy again to be honest. Makes it more marketable and will be taken more serious than someone like Dexter or Kai. Neither of them can really communicate. Just Negroes with muscles.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »
Need a white guy again to be honest. Makes it more marketable and will be taken more serious than someone like Dexter or Kai. Neither of them can really communicate. Just Negroes with muscles.

Jay wasn't able to market the Mr. O, neither Dorian, and Wolfe, although big and wide, his English is not the best, so your point about Dex and Kai not being able to communicate is moot.

If one were to market Bodybuilding, there were two guys that "could" have done it. Dennis Newman, because of his looks and Shawn Ray, because of his looks, his polish, dress, and "communication" skills. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

If one were to market Bodybuilding, there were two guys that "could" have done it. Dennis Newman, because of his looks and Shawn Ray, because of his looks, his polish, dress, and "communication" skills. 

Gunter would have been in there and better than either of them.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
Kai beat an off Martinez.  Kai does not have the best structure.  He's impressive and has great striations but has little taper and is blocky.  If they are in good shape, Dexter, Heath, Jay, and Victor all finish ahead of him.
I have a feeling we will see an improved, fuller Dennis Wolf this year.  He was not at his best last year and is still young.  

My money is on Dexter or Heath this year.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 02:19:05 PM »
Vic if sharp will be right there with Heath, Jackson and maybe Wolf. Heath has the edge amongst those 4, if he's sharp and if the judging's fair. Vic will finally have to notch up the conditioning to have a shot. It looks to me now as though Vic's best bet was against Jay.

Jay's old news and was lucky to win twice. They're clearly trying to steer the winners away from the refrigerator look.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
Dexter looks great here.

Jay at 100% is untouchable by anyone in the current field. I believe Jay's main problem the past few years is that he spent so much time being Mr. Olympia (all that comes with that) that it took away from his preparation. Since he didn't have that burden this past year, I think we will see an improved Cutler. Improved, but not enough to win.

My prediction:

1) Dex
2) Cutler
3) Vic

Team Yates

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »

Jay at 100% is untouchable by anyone in the current field.

Major white BB schmoe. They do not want any more refrigerators, at his best he can't beat those other guys in shape AND he has already received his gift, that 2nd Olympia.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2009, 02:26:35 PM »
PHIL HEATH!!!!!