Author Topic: ANYONE EVER USE POWERTEC EQUIPMENT?  (Read 7153 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
ANYONE EVER USE POWERTEC EQUIPMENT?
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:27:20 AM »
I'm looking at buying something from then and just curious if anyone has actually used it in person.  I can't find any stores in my area but online reviews seem real positive.

http://www.shoppowertecfitness.com/

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
Re: ANYONE EVER USE POWERTEC EQUIPMENT?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:37:43 AM »
I'm looking at buying something from then and just curious if anyone has actually used it in person.  I can't find any stores in my area but online reviews seem real positive.

Why do you buy that crap, why don't you just buy a barbell rack, olympic bar, barbell plates, and a bench.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:58:20 AM »
Why do you buy that crap, why don't you just buy a barbell rack, olympic bar, barbell plates, and a bench.

I have a power rack already but wanted just one piece of equipment from them.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
I don't know who makes it, but I have seen a power rack type system where the bar was attached to two cables on each side.  You loaded the bar with regular weights.  Unlike a smith machine where the bar travels up and down a fixed path, the cables allowed the bar to travel nearly everywhere.  You could do any exercise with it, squats, deadlifts, bentover rows, bicep curls, etc..  what made it neat was that there was some kind of sensor in the bar and as soon as you raised your fingers from the bar it automatically locked in place, no matter where it was.

It looked awesome as a great way to train to failure by yourself with no worries about whether or not you can rerack the bar at the end of the set.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »
I don't know who makes it, but I have seen a power rack type system where the bar was attached to two cables on each side.  You loaded the bar with regular weights.  Unlike a smith machine where the bar travels up and down a fixed path, the cables allowed the bar to travel nearly everywhere.  You could do any exercise with it, squats, deadlifts, bentover rows, bicep curls, etc..  what made it neat was that there was some kind of sensor in the bar and as soon as you raised your fingers from the bar it automatically locked in place, no matter where it was.

It looked awesome as a great way to train to failure by yourself with no worries about whether or not you can rerack the bar at the end of the set.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
I've tried the press machine. Felt really good actually.

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »
my gym has a MAXRACK as shown above.  it sucks no one uses it and it doesnt hold very much weight. 315 is the max i believe.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »

No it wasn't that.

It was actually a really good piece of equipment.  Cost about $1500 just for the rack and bar and all.  No weights.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
I don't know who makes it, but I have seen a power rack type system where the bar was attached to two cables on each side.  You loaded the bar with regular weights.  Unlike a smith machine where the bar travels up and down a fixed path, the cables allowed the bar to travel nearly everywhere.

Prospot's probably the best thing on the market for home use and widely used by NFL players, but isn't cheap. New somewhere in the low 2K range or more.

The powertec stuff is close enough to gym durablility; the machining's not as good but that doesn't matter for home; it's effective and feels like gym equipment. If you really want to be sure find a dealer where the pieces can be tried prior to purchase, or try finding them used thru craigslist.org. Most of the designs are good from my experience-not perfect but good overall. The Body Solid multistation gym is a little better quality but is bigger.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »

I have this machine paid $250 on Craigslist w/ 300lbs of weight ,flat bench ,incline ,decline and  shoulder press, works awesome  ,squats Ok , pulldowns and seated row  I don't like it .

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »
I have this machine paid $250 on Craigslist w/ 300lbs of weight ,flat bench ,incline ,decline and  shoulder press, works awesome  ,squats Ok , pulldowns and seated row  I don't like it .

My Cage is a body Solid Commercial grade. It has a lat pulldown and seated row attachment.  I've been checking craigslist for a couple of months and no luck so far.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

i have the bench seat part of that, incine decline and flat - heavy duty bench + leg attachment.

good heavy duty piece.
175lbs by 31st July

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:11:16 AM »
Cutler used to endorse it.  ;)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

why don't you like the pulldowns and seated row?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »
i have the bench seat part of that, incine decline and flat - heavy duty bench + leg attachment.

good heavy duty piece.

The bench better be fuckin heavy duty, poor steel being subjected to your gigantic ass.
from incomplete data

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »
why don't you like the pulldowns and seated row?
I can't get full extension  and I'm only 5'9"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
I can't get full extension  and I'm only 5'9"

Really?  Are these things made for midgets?  I called their customer service and the closest dealer is about 2 hours away.  I want to try a machine in person first.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
hahahahahahahahaha you aren't even a challenge

You just proved my point. When was the last time anyone laughed at your posts for their original content and humor? It is a rare occurrence.
from incomplete data

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »
Really?  Are these things made for midgets?  I called their customer service and the closest dealer is about 2 hours away.  I want to try a machine in person first.

In this machine  everything works great , I didn't buy it because I didn't have enough space .

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »

What about TITAN T1, is it better ?

$

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 11:37:45 AM »
What about TITAN T1, is it better ?

Titan is good but is in a completely different price range.

If space is an issue or even if it's not, sometimes the separate powertec stations are better. I mentioned their designs are good but imperfect-the lat pulldown doesn't have enough space for a full stretch, but you can work around it.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »
You just proved my point. When was the last time anyone laughed at your posts for their original content and humor? It is a rare occurrence.

i wouldn't know. i don't ask them  ???

Really you need to log off getbig, log into your main account and try harder.

you are stalking me into every thread i post in, take a break, and i promise i'll take it easier on you the next time you try to attack girls like jen.
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:44 AM »
Titan is good but is in a completely different price range.

If space is an issue or even if it's not, sometimes the separate powertec stations are better. I mentioned their designs are good but imperfect-the lat pulldown doesn't have enough space for a full stretch, but you can work around it.

Aren't you that pedophile guy?
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »
i wouldn't know. i don't ask them  ???

Really you need to log off getbig, log into your main account and try harder.

you are stalking me into every thread i post in, take a break, and i promise i'll take it easier on you the next time you try to attack girls like jen.

LOL dude you stalk me at least as much I stalk you, so drop that argument. And for crying out loud, you have no authority to call me a gimmick until you prove it. I know for a fact that I have never run a gimmick on this board and I'm really not the one you think I am. I registered in 2006!!
from incomplete data

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »

We got one of these in my gym and let me tell you it is awesome.