Author Topic: How many people made less in 2008 than 2007?  (Read 1176 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
How many people made less in 2008 than 2007?
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »
I certainly did, even considering I switched to a job with health insurance as opposed to paying out of pocket. I also made less in 2008 than 2007 and the same for 2006. Looks like I may switch that around this year, but it's early. Just curious if I am the only one making less money. Btw, I work in real estate. Is anyone doing better? Wage freezes? Wage cuts?  Inflation is still rising 3%(I think) so I am curious as to what effect this is having on others. My whole state is fucked, so if you don't mind saying where you live(state or country) I would appreciate it.
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: How many people made less in 2008 than 2007?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
I made about 8G less, not too bad I suppose.
We did have to lay off about half the workforce though. :(
SoCal.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 04:38:03 PM »
NOT ME!

I made more in 2008 than I did in 2007. Interestingly enough, I made more in 2007 than I did in 2006.
Clearly I paid more for things as well; the same things, ...but i also made more money while I did less & less work.
I fully expect to make more in 2009 than last year, ...and if my forecasting is correct, 2010 will be sweeeeeet!
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
NOT ME!

I made more in 2008 than I did in 2007. Interestingly enough, I made more in 2007 than I did in 2006.
Clearly I paid more for things as well; the same things, ...but i also made more money while I did less & less work.
I fully expect to make more in 2009 than last year, ...and if my forecasting is correct, 2010 will be sweeeeeet!

Nice to see things are going well for you Jag. I didn't start the thread to complain btw, because I am fortunate actually, I am just curious about the effects the economy is having on people here.
E

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »
Nice to see things are going well for you Jag. I didn't start the thread to complain btw, because I am fortunate actually, I am just curious about the effects the economy is having on people here.

Don't get me wrong, ...it's not like I haven't been affected by the economy, ...cause I sure have been.

It's just that I have tremendous flexibility in my life... more so than many.

A long time ago I went to hear Jim Rohn speak, ...and he asked a simple question that pretty much changed my life from that point on. He drew an analogy using the America's Cup yacht race, and described a scenario whereby each yacht had identical fibreglass hulls that weighed in the same, identically skilled navigators and crews that weighed in the same, they had the same sun beating down on them, the same wind blowing on them, and the same ocean upon which to sail. He then asked us to determine the deciding factor that allowed one ship to pull out ahead of the others in order to win the race? The answer was so simple and so profound I almost fell out of my chair. It was "The way they set the sail"

Ever since I have endeavored to set my sails according to the prevailing winds.

Since the price of fuel has dropped somewhat, many people are thinking they no longer need to use my products.
They've been psychologically conditioned to believe they are enjoying low fuel prices, ...even though they were up in arms the last time they saw fuel at this price. As a result, alot of my 4 wheel customers haven't been as actively re-purchasing my catalyst as they previously were. The truckers are just as loyal and as consistent as ever. Infact, it's actually picking up because alot of these guys are viewing this temporary break from higher prices as the respite they need to be able to invest in the product, and preparing themselves for when it goes back up again, so alot of these customers have been able to transition from being retail customers to distributors, and we're seeing a snowball effect taking place there. So despite the dip in one segment, it has been more than compensated in another one of our markets.

Fortunately, my company had the vision and the foresight to understand that the fuel prices weren't going to stay at a peak level indefinitely, so they prepared a transition well in advance of the dip. So while catalyst sales among your average 4 wheeler aren't as brisk as they once were, we've also expanded and diversified our product line which has facilitated a steady stream of sales revenues, and in many cases has infact increased monthly retail volumes from our consumers. I'm not going to complain that what once was a $50 a month catalyst purchase has turned into $20 or less per month in catalyst purchases along with an additonal $100 a month in various personal care and home care purchases from the same consumer.

I can also tell you the transition was a bit awkward considering the fact that we were looking to attract an entirely new demographic, but fortunately, when you have consistent revenues coming in, you can take the necessary steps to acquire an additional segment. The fact that the income comes in as a result of international markets is also a plus. Some economies have been hit harder than others. If I were limited to an income stream coming only out of Detroit, I'd be crying my eyes out. As it is, my biggest complaint is that sales in Mexico, South America, and China are sooo brisk, that simply supplying their demand is beginning to put a strain on our ability to properly service North America. Not a bad complaint to have... it could be worse.

Now, with 14 states raising their EPA standards to harmonize with California's, and looming legislation & litigation both domestically and abroad, ...coupled with future market conditions... 2010 is looking like it's gonna be a banner year.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »
Don't get me wrong, ...it's not like I haven't been affected by the economy, ...cause I sure have been.

It's just that I have tremendous flexibility in my life... more so than many.

A long time ago I went to hear Jim Rohn speak, ...and he asked a simple question that pretty much changed my life from that point on. He drew an analogy using the America's Cup yacht race, and described a scenario whereby each yacht had identical fibreglass hulls that weighed in the same, identically skilled navigators and crews that weighed in the same, they had the same sun beating down on them, the same wind blowing on them, and the same ocean upon which to sail. He then asked us to determine the deciding factor that allowed one ship to pull out ahead of the others in order to win the race? The answer was so simple and so profound I almost fell out of my chair. It was "The way they set the sail"

I saw Jim Rohn speak quite a few years ago and read one of his books when I got out of college.  He was definitely one of the people who inspired me to take some risks early in life that paid off very well.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »
I saw Jim Rohn speak quite a few years ago and read one of his books when I got out of college.  He was definitely one of the people who inspired me to take some risks early in life that paid off very well.   

That man has inspired countless thousands. Infact, Anthony Robbins credits Jim Rohn with much of his success.
He'll be the first to tell you, his ideas are nothing new... he just has a way of delivering them in a more exciting and more digestible fashion than Rohn. Robbins is the sizzle, but Rohn is the steak. I love his take on Attitude.
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
NOT ME!

What are you in...the foreclosure business???
C

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »
I actually made 4k more in 2008 than 2007.

2009 is a totally different story though - I just volunteered for lay-off this week. I'm guessing my income this year is going to drop about 25k or so - depending on how much I can milk the welfare system. Serves them right - I'm going for a free ride. The corrupt system demands it!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
I made somewhat less in 2008 compared to 2007.