Author Topic: Happy to kill children  (Read 6170 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Happy to kill children
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »
Okay, but only because you said "please".    ;D 

You are the one who posted the Bible texts out of context and made unfounded claims about it.  Then when asked questions about your post, you refuse to answer and demand answers from those asking you the question?  You must think yourself superior or something like that.  Get off your high horse!    ::)

More drama from the queen.   ;)

Why don't you at least try and read the whole Psalm that you yourself posted?  Here, I'll take you by the hand:

A condescending arrogant drama queen at that. 

Psalm 137 (New International Version)
 1 By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept
       when we remembered Zion.

2 There on the poplars
       we hung our harps,

3 for there our captors asked us for songs,
       our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
       they said, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!"

4 How can we sing the songs of the LORD
       while in a foreign land?

5 If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
       may my right hand forget its skill .

6 May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
       if I do not remember you,
       if I do not consider Jerusalem
       my highest joy.

7 Remember, O LORD, what the Edomites did
       on the day Jerusalem fell.
       "Tear it down," they cried,
       "tear it down to its foundations!"

8 O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
       happy is he who repays you
       for what you have done to us-

9 he who seizes your infants
       and dashes them against the rocks.

Take a look at verse 3 for example.  To you, is this God saying that His "captors" and "tormentors", the Babylonians,  demanded songs of joy from God?  No.  This is the Psalmist saying that his/her captors and tormentors, for their own amusement, demanded from him/her and the other Israelite musicians songs of joy.

In verses 8 and 9, the Psalmist is saying that happy will be the Medes and Persians when they do to Babylon exactly what Babylon had done to Israel, dashing their little ones against stones being one of the many atrocities Babylon had committed against Israel. 

The Psalmist is saying that "he(Medes and Persians) who repays you(Babylon) for what you have done to us(Israel)" has the Psalmist's blessing

Sorry I don't see it.  Isn't Psalms supposed to be the word of God?  Why is happy replaced by Blessing ion other translations?  Answer the question.  Blessed are those who bash little ones against stones?

Seems pretty straight forward to me unless you are trying to make it something it isn't.

You would feel the same way and would say the same thing if the Babylonians had raped and killed your women in front of your eyes and had dashed your infants against rocks.

I would say that they are blessed? 
I would say that someone who dashed the INNOCENT CHILDREN of my enemies against rocks are blessed?

Are you fucking loco?  Oh yeah you are.  ;)

You seem to presume to know me well enough predict what I'd do, even to the point of posting those other verses.  Sorry I'm not like you.  Killing innocent children is WRONG and it's certainly not something to be blessed no matter what the reason, revenge, anger for what was done to my family etc...

Obviously you seem to have no issue because in you lies the seed of that evil act and you think it must lies in me.

Sorry loco you are wrong.

I'm not like you , I see NO justification to kill innocent people much the innocent children of the murderers of my children.

Now the guilty ones......... 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
More drama from the queen.   ;)

A condescending arrogant drama queen at that. 

Sorry I don't see it.  Isn't Psalms supposed to be the word of God?  Why is happy replaced by Blessing ion other translations?  Answer the question.  Blessed are those who bash little ones against stones?

Seems pretty straight forward to me unless you are trying to make it something it isn't.

I would say that they are blessed? 
I would say that someone who dashed the INNOCENT CHILDREN of my enemies against rocks are blessed?

Are you fucking loco?  Oh yeah you are.  ;)

You seem to presume to know me well enough predict what I'd do, even to the point of posting those other verses.  Sorry I'm not like you.  Killing innocent children is WRONG and it's certainly not something to be blessed no matter what the reason, revenge, anger for what was done to my family etc...

Obviously you seem to have no issue because in you lies the seed of that evil act and you think it must lies in me.

Sorry loco you are wrong.

I'm not like you , I see NO justification to kill innocent people much the innocent children of the murderers of my children.

Now the guilty ones......... 

Condescending, arrogant drama queen, my opinion of you exactly, OzmO.  How did you know?  Though I must admit I'd never guessed you'd be so hard on yourself.    ;D

I told you, your mind is already made up.  You see only what you have already made up your mind to see.  It makes you feel better about yourself to launch personal attacks and insults on Jews and Christians just for believing the OT is the Word of God.  It's okay, we are used to it, and it hasn't stopped us for thousands of years.

Nothing wrong with questioning the Bible, but you have gone beyond that.  You are being dishonest and indecent, as usual.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
Condescending, arrogant drama queen, my opinion of you exactly, OzmO.  How did you know?  Though I must admit I'd never guessed you'd be so hard on yourself.    ;D

Ha ha, now you've resorted to:  I know you are but what am i?

I don't care what your opinion is of me.  Doesn't change anything.  I told you about yourself a long time ago. 

I told you, your mind is already made up.  You see only what you have already made up your mind to see. 

It makes you feel better about yourself to launch personal attacks and insults on Jews and Christians just for believing the OT is the Word of God.  It's okay, we are used to it, and it hasn't stopped us for thousands of years.

Nothing wrong with questioning the Bible, but you have gone beyond that.  You are being dishonest and indecent, as usual.

I see you not only can't answer the question, you also can't back up your assertion.   So now you launch into your standard, predictable drama queen dribble.

I'll will ask again for liberalismo too. 

I'll even say please.

Please, 

Isn't Psalms supposed to be the word of God?  Why is happy replaced by Blessing in other translations?  Answer the question.  Blessed are those who bash little ones against stones?

Also, please don't bother answering if you can't directly answer my question.  I already know what you think of me, and you know what i think of you.  So going on and on about it accomplishes nothing.  Also no need for your silly defecting about my sloppiness.  If you are going to blather on about the title or some verse that isn't in the bible or how i didn't make sure to read the the surrounding verses save it.  I already told you i overlooked it.  I don't have a problem admitting a mistake or a misinterpretation.    Yes, my mind is made up, the bible for the most part is a book of stories written by primitive men believed to be true by modern day primitive men, some of which have admitted they would kill a child on God's orders.  That doesn't mean, I couldn't change my mind based on something someone shows me about the bible.  I didn't always think this.   If you have the courage to continue the dialog i will refrain from attacking as you do the same.

Frankly, I hope it isn't what it sounds as it is.  But your explanation falls very short at the moment.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
If you are going to blather on about the title or some verse that isn't in the bible or how i didn't make sure to read the the surrounding verses save it.  I already told you i overlooked it.  I don't have a problem admitting a mistake or a misinterpretation.    Yes, my mind is made up

I rest my case!  Whatever you do for a living, don't give that up for theology, world history or linguistics.  This is very simple and I've answered your question already, but you continue to play dumb on purpose.  Using the words "happy" or "blessed", "dichoso" or "bendecido" does not change the meaning of the text or the message of this Psalm, in any language. 

I do not condone or justify the killing of infants, and you know that, though you are dishonest about it.  However, like you, I could just sit here and claim that I would not give my blessing to the Persians, as the Psalmist did, for doing to the Babylonians what they did to me, had the Babylonians raped and killed my women and dashed my infants against the rocks.  But I am not a self righteous hypocrite and I am not going to judge anyone who had just experienced something like that. 

If someone like Jesus, MLK or Gandhi made a bold claim as yours, I'd believe him.  But you are no where near the same level of someone like them, as you've clearly shown in your posts, and neither am I.

It's beginning to show more and more by your posts that when you babble "The Bible 100% the WOG" you don't even have a clue what that means to you or what it means to Christians.  I believe that a small part of the Bible was written by the finger of God.  Another part was dictated by God to Moses and to some of the prophets, but written by these men.  The rest was "inspired" by God while written by men.  I believe that God allowed these men to show their emotions(sorrow, joy, anger,etc.) in what God inspired them to write.  The book of Psalms, for example, is a collection of songs and poems of victory, of defeat, of joy and of sorrow.  The book of Lamentations...well, the title alone should give you a clue.  This is what I believe, and what many Christians believe too.

It is not like what the Muslims believe about the Koran, that the entire thing was dictated by God and written by one man, Mohamed, in a short period of time.

What you are doing here is no different than you saying that God said that there is no God because the Bible is the Word of God and the Bible says in Psalm 14:1 that "there is no God."

Psalm 14:1
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

It is no different than you saying  that God said that Jesus was demon-possessed because the Bible is the Word of God and the Bible says in John 8:48 that Jesus was "demon-possessed."

John 8:48-49 (New International Version)
 48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
 49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »
Ozmo,

I'm curious to know how you feel about Jesus' view on the forthcomming battle of Armageddon?

GC/DEA_Agent

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »

I rest my case!  Whatever you do for a living, don't give that up for theology, world history or linguistics.  This is very simple and I've answered your question already, but you continue to play dumb on purpose.  Using the words "happy" or "blessed", "dichoso" or "bendecido" does not change the meaning of the text or the message of this Psalm, in any language. 

Are you a linguist?  Are you an historian?  Are you a paid theologian? 

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock." (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"a blessing on anyone who seizes your babies and shatters them against a rock!" (Psalms 137:9, Jerusalem Bible)

How blessed will be the one......  How can anyone be blessed for killing an innocent child? 

Happy the man who shall seize......How can anyone in their right mind be happy about killing an innocent child?

If it is as what i think you are saying then it should read:

We are happy that they have bashed the head....

This is supposed to be God's word is it not?  Why would God say someone is blessed for killing a child?

I do not condone or justify the killing of infants, and you know that, though you are dishonest about it.  However, like you, I could just sit here and claim that I would not give my blessing to the Persians, as the Psalmist did, for doing to the Babylonians what they did to me, had the Babylonians raped and killed my women and dashed my infants against the rocks.  But I am not a self righteous hypocrite and I am not going to judge anyone who had just experienced something like that. 

I'm not claiming nothing, I'm not being self righteous and I'm not judging.  I don't see their song as something to judge even though it is wrong, i understand their anger even though I have never lived it.   I may in anger desire the death of the children of the murderer of my family, but it still would be wrong.  And Certainly wrong to be the "word of God".  And certainly an evil act to commit with no justification.  Acting with revenge on an innocent child is of man not god.

If someone like Jesus, MLK or Gandhi made a bold claim as yours, I'd believe him.  But you are no where near the same level of someone like them, as you've clearly shown in your posts, and neither am I.

Again.  You and I are very different.  I will not kill an innocent child nor rejoice in it.  Your attempts to make me like you fall short.  You see wisdom and justification in the killing of children.  I see none.  You make excuses for it in the times it happened int he OT.  I see none.  You must have a low opinion of others and your self.  Most of my friends as I know them wouldn't condone it either.  Yes, they would be angry and want vengeance on the GUILTY.  NOT the children.  Only a nut job would do that and end up in prison to boot, if not also the chair.

It's beginning to show more and more by your posts that when you babble "The Bible 100% the WOG" you don't even have a clue what that means to you or what it means to Christians.  I believe that a small part of the Bible was written by the finger of God.  Another part was dictated by God to Moses and to some of the prophets, but written by these men.  The rest was "inspired" by God while written by men.  I believe that God allowed these men to show their emotions(sorrow, joy, anger,etc.) in what God inspired them to write.  The book of Psalms, for example, is a collection of songs and poems of victory, of defeat, of joy and of sorrow.  The book of Lamentations...well, the title alone should give you a clue.  This is what I believe, and what many Christians believe too.

Sounds like an interesting topic for another thread. 

What you are doing here is no different than you saying that God said that there is no God because the Bible is the Word of God and the Bible says in Psalm 14:1 that "there is no God."

Psalm 14:1
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

It is no different than you saying  that God said that Jesus was demon-possessed because the Bible is the Word of God and the Bible says in John 8:48 that Jesus was "demon-possessed."

John 8:48-49 (New International Version)
 48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
 49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.

I see what you are saying loco then by what you also said, the Bible is NOT the word of God.  It only contains some of it.

Kind of what I've been saying.   ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
Are you a linguist?  Are you an historian?  Are you a paid theologian?

No, and that's exactly my point.  This is so simple, but you continue to play dumb on purpose. 

I am fluent in more than one language, and I know that when translating from one language to another, many times a single word in the source language can be translated into any one of multiple words in the target language.  The translator could use any one of those multiple words that he/she chooses without changing the meaning of the text being translated.  There are many other languages in this world besides English.

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock." (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"a blessing on anyone who seizes your babies and shatters them against a rock!" (Psalms 137:9, Jerusalem Bible)

How blessed will be the one......  How can anyone be blessed for killing an innocent child? 

Happy the man who shall seize......How can anyone in their right mind be happy about killing an innocent child?

If it is as what i think you are saying then it should read:

We are happy that they have bashed the head....

As usual, OzmO arguing because things aren't the way he wants them to be, or because things were not done the way that he would have done it himself.

Again.  You and I are very different.  I will not kill an innocent child nor rejoice in it.  Your attempts to make me like you fall short. 

What are you talking about?  The Psalmist did not kill an innocent child, and I never said that you would.  He/she did not rejoice in killing any child, and I never said that you would.  The Babylonians killed Israelites, then the Persians killed Babylonians.  The Psalmist just expressed an emotion, and you would too were you in his/her shoes.  You just confirmed that you would.

I may in anger desire the death of the children of the murderer of my family, but it still would be wrong

You see wisdom and justification in the killing of children.  I see none.  You make excuses for it in the times it happened int he OT.  I see none.  You must have a low opinion of others and your self.  Most of my friends as I know them wouldn't condone it either. 
Yes, they would be angry and want vengeance on the GUILTY.  NOT the children.  Only a nut job would do that and end up in prison to boot, if not also the chair.

When Britain partitioned India to form Pakistan in 1947, many once peaceful Hindus and Muslims started killing each other.  Many pacifist, Hindu fathers witnessed their children murdered by Muslim mobs, and some of those Hindu pacifist fathers in an act of rage killed Muslim infants in retaliation.  They were later horrified at their own actions and repented.  They never thought that they would ever kill even a fly, much less an infant.  What they did was wrong, and they knew it, and they regretted it.

I am not going to judge them.  I could sit here and claim that I would never even think about doing what they did if I were in their shoes, but I am not a self righteous hypocrite.

By the way, we are talking about modern time, educated, "pacifist" Indians here.  What was that you've been saying all this time about primitive people, and modern people being better?

Sounds like an interesting topic for another thread. 

Yeah, how can you say that right after saying this?

This is supposed to be God's word is it not?  Why would God say someone is blessed for killing a child?

I see what you are saying loco then by what you also said, the Bible is NOT the word of God.  It only contains some of it.

Kind of what I've been saying.   ;)

No, you do not see what I'm saying because if that's what you see, then you are blind.  That is not what I am saying, and you know it.  Your dishonesty has no end.

I believe that the Bible is the word of God because it is inspired by God Himself.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
No, and that's exactly my point.  This is so simple, but you continue to play dumb on purpose. 

I am fluent in more than one language, and I know that when translating from one language to another, many times a single word in the source language can be translated into any one of multiple words in the target language.  The translator could use any one of those multiple words that he/she chooses without changing the meaning of the text being translated.  There are many other languages in this world besides English.

That's exactly the point I made, when we were discussing Elisha (at least, with the single word from the source language, getting translated into one of multiple words in the target language). The Hebrew root words na'ar and qatan can be translated as "little children". But, they also can be translated as young men. The latter was used to describe, for example, Joseph in Genesis 37 (who was 17 years old in that passage).

As I stated in that discussion, the surrounding context of the passage clearly indicates that the mob of folks who went after Elisha (42 of whom got jacked up by two bears) weren't a bunch of gummy-goat-eating rugrats, fresh out of diapers (as the author of the article that Ozmo posted was attempting to imply). They were guys (who know about Elisha and his mentor) had evil and nasty intentions for him.

I don't know about you. But, if a bunch of guys are heading my way, with intentions to beat me up (or worse), two she-bears ain't too bad to have as backup.

The translation thing appears to apply here as much as it does in 2 Kings 2.

As usual, OzmO arguing because things aren't the way he wants them to be, or because things were not done the way that he would have done it himself.

Good point.

What are you talking about?  The Psalmist did not kill an innocent child, and I never said that you would.  He/she did not rejoice in killing any child, and I never said that you would.  The Babylonians killed Israelites, then the Persians killed Babylonians.  The Psalmist just expressed an emotion, and you would too were you in his/her shoes.  You just confirmed that you would.

When Britain partitioned India to form Pakistan in 1947, many once peaceful Hindus and Muslims started killing each other.  Many pacifist, Hindu fathers witnessed their children murdered by Muslim mobs, and some of those Hindu pacifist fathers in an act of rage killed Muslim infants in retaliation.  They were later horrified at their own actions and repented.  They never thought that they would ever kill even a fly, much less an infant.  What they did was wrong, and they knew it, and they regretted it.

I am not going to judge them.  I could sit here and claim that I would never even think about doing what they did if I were in their shoes, but I am not a self righteous hypocrite.

By the way, we are talking about modern time, educated, "pacifist" Indians here.  What was that you've been saying all this time about primitive people, and modern people being better?

;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 07:17:13 AM »

How did i confirm i would express the emotion?  I'd be angry.  I wouldn't bless the person who killed an innocent child.

And who's the Psalmist?  god or man?

Exactly, killing innocent children is wrong. 

I not claiming i wouldn't think that in anger.  I'm only telling you it's wrong.  And i wouldn't act on it.  I'd surely try to act on killing the person who killed my family.  But I wouldn't kill their children.  I wouldn't say someone is blessed for killing innocent children,

They weren't pacifist that day. 

Yeah, how can you say that right after saying this?

No, you do not see what I'm saying because if that's what you see, then you are blind.  That is not what I am saying, and you know it.  Your dishonesty has no end.

I believe that the Bible is the word of God because it is inspired by God Himself.

Is the Bible the infallible WOG or not?  Or is the infallible WOG minus the Psalms?  Or is the infallible WOG minus certain other chapters?  Or verses etc...? 

which is it?

PS:   I see you decided not to take my offer. 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 07:51:19 AM »

Niether is Jesus today.  ;)  ???

GC/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 08:01:54 AM »

Niether is Jesus today.  ;)  ???

GC/DEA_AGENT

Do you believe the end is near?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
????????? why is this thread still alive and well???????????

in a word...... bizzare

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
Do you believe the end is near?

Without a doubt, my friend!. Go to 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and tell me if you see those things going on now in the world.

So, what is your thoughts on Jesus not being a pacifist?.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »
????????? why is this thread still alive and well???????????

in a word...... bizzare

Why?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 09:09:53 AM »
Without a doubt, my friend!. Go to 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and tell me if you see those things going on now in the world.

So, what is your thoughts on Jesus not being a pacifist?.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Depends on what you define being a pacifists as.   I've come to realize that definition can mean many things to different people.  IMO he wasn't.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »
Depends on what you define being a pacifists as.   I've come to realize that definition can mean many things to different people.  IMO he wasn't.

I gotcha!. Ozmo, my thinking on it was that if Jesus taught that he would be back to fight and lead in the battle of Armageddon, then by definition, he is indeed not a pacifist.

I'm interested in what your belief is of what a pacifist is. Also, in that battle, according to Jesus, there will be an enormous amount of people who will loose their life, including infants, children, and women. What's your take on that?

GC/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
I gotcha!. Ozmo, my thinking on it was that if Jesus taught that he would be back to fight and lead in the battle of Armageddon, then by definition, he is indeed not a pacifist.

I'm interested in what your belief is of what a pacifist is. Also, in that battle, according to Jesus, there will be an enormous amount of people who will loose their life, including infants, children, and women. What's your take on that?

GC/DEA_AGENT

All wars result in the deaths of innocents.

I believe a pacifist is what ever the definition is. 

I don't know where pacifist got into this discussion.  You are not a pacifist simply because you refuse to kill children.  I refuse to kill needlessly children if i have other options.  I have no problem defending myself against aggressors.  But I'm not going to purposely target and kill their children after their parents are already dead.  That would be cold blooded murder, evil and wrong.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 07:30:49 AM »

That only describes basic human nature.  The not so good part.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:09 AM »
How did i confirm i would express the emotion?  I'd be angry.  I wouldn't bless the person who killed an innocent child.

I quoted you right after my statement.

And who's the Psalmist?  god or man?

The Psalmist is a human being.

Exactly, killing innocent children is wrong. 

Who is saying it isn't?

I not claiming i wouldn't think that in anger.  I'm only telling you it's wrong.  And i wouldn't act on it.  I'd surely try to act on killing the person who killed my family.  But I wouldn't kill their children.  I wouldn't say someone is blessed for killing innocent children,

You are talking about the same Indians who gained their independence through peaceful means from the same British empire that you gained your independence from through war and violence.  And you still dare say that you are better than these Indians, and that you would never do as they did if you were put in their situation?  ::)

You did not answer my question as usual.  What was that you've been saying all this time about primitive people, and modern people being better?

Is the Bible the infallible WOG or not?  Or is the infallible WOG minus the Psalms?  Or is the infallible WOG minus certain other chapters?  Or verses etc...? 

which is it?

The Bible is the Word of God.

PS:   I see you decided not to take my offer. 

OzmO, I already told you: I am flattered, but I don't swing that way!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
I quoted you right after my statement.

And then you attached your own assumptions to it.

The Psalmist is a human being.

So then it is not the Word of God, but instead the word of man.
You are talking about the same Indians who gained their independence through peaceful means from the same British empire that you gained your independence from through war and violence.  And you still dare say that you are better than these Indians, and that you would never do as they did if you were put in their situation? 

You did not answer my question as usual.  What was that you've been saying all this time about primitive people, and modern people being better?

At the very least, modern society doesn't condone the killing of innocent children, where as, the thing you worship did just that with the jews.  So yes, human emotions may or may not have evolved enough to prevent acts of vengeance that include killing innocent children that were not responsible for said transgressions, however, our society isn't built on the idea that killing innocent children, because they would have starved or they would have surely grown up to follow in the foot steps of their parents is justified as it is in the bible.  We are no longer as primitive as to see righteousness in that act of cold blooded murder.  At least some of us. 

The Bible is the Word of God.

Wow the Bible is the word of God when it's convenient I see.
OzmO, I already told you: I am flattered, but I don't swing that way!
::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »
And then you attached your own assumptions to it.

No, I did not.  I quoted you and left it at that.

So then it is not the Word of God, but instead the word of man.

Wrong!  It is the Word of God!

At the very least, modern society doesn't condone the killing of innocent children, where as, the thing you worship did just that with the jews. 

In the Bible verses you posted in this thread, where does God or the Jews kill innocent children?  In those verses you posted, the Babylonians killed Israel's infants, then the Persians killed Babylon's infants.

So yes, human emotions may or may not have evolved enough to prevent acts of vengeance that include killing innocent children that were not responsible for said transgressions, however, our society isn't built on the idea that killing innocent children, because they would have starved or they would have surely grown up to follow in the foot steps of their parents is justified as it is in the bible.  We are no longer as primitive as to see righteousness in that act of cold blooded murder.  At least some of us. 

What are you babbling about now?  What does any of this have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread?  Nothing.  But I see you finally admit that you are no better than these modern time Indians.

Wow the Bible is the word of God when it's convenient I see. ::)

To you, yes.  You are the one who has been insisting all along that only parts of the Bible are the Word of God and that other parts are not.  That's what I call convenient.

I and other Christians on the board, on the other hand, have maintained all along that all of the Bible is the Word of God, written by God in parts, written by men while dictated by God in other parts, and the rest written by men while inspired by God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 07:23:41 AM »
No, I did not.  I quoted you and left it at that.

Wrong!  It is the Word of God!

In the Bible verses you posted in this thread, where does God or the Jews kill innocent children?  In those verses you posted, the Babylonians killed Israel's infants, then the Persians killed Babylon's infants.

Oh wow, Captain Obvious, you know what i was talking about.   ::)

Aside from that modern society doesn't "bless" the bashing of innocent children and would denounce anyone being happy about it. 

What are you babbling about now?  What does any of this have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread?  Nothing.  But I see you finally admit that you are no better than these modern time Indians.

Where did i say i would kill the innocent children of my aggressors?

Thought so.

If you are having problem with my babbling, go back to your english class and study some more.

To you, yes.  You are the one who has been insisting all along that only parts of the Bible are the Word of God and that other parts are not.  That's what I call convenient.

I and other Christians on the board, on the other hand, have maintained all along that all of the Bible is the Word of God, written by God in parts, written by men while dictated by God in other parts, and the rest written by men while inspired by God.

That's what you call convenient?   ::)

You more a cultist than a Christian.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »
Oh wow, Captain Obvious, you know what i was talking about.   ::)

Aside from that modern society doesn't "bless" the bashing of innocent children and would denounce anyone being happy about it. 

In the Bible verses you posted in this thread, where does it say that their "society" blessed the bashing of innocent children?

Where did i say i would kill the innocent children of my aggressors?

Thought so.

Oh, so I see you still maintain that you are better than these Indians who were put in that horrible situation, same Indians who gained their independence through peaceful means from the same British empire that you gained your independence from through war and violence.   ::)

If you are having problem with my babbling, go back to your english class and study some more.

Oh, I'm so offended by your racist, condescending rhetoric!   ::)

Answer the question.  How does any of what you posted above have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread?

That's what you call convenient?   ::)
You more a cultist than a Christian.

More insults and name calling!   ::)

Please define cultist!  Please define Christian!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »

More stating the obvious.  However, a Psalm whether it be, inspired by god or is the word of God, (depending on what's convenient at the time) in the Bible blesses the person committing the act.
In the Bible verses you posted in this thread, where does it say that their "society" blessed the bashing of innocent children?
see above.

Oh, so I see you still maintain that you are better than these Indians who were put in that horrible situation, same Indians who gained their independence through peaceful means from the same British empire that you gained your independence from through war and violence.   ::)

I'm not claiming to be better or worse.  You are.  I'm only saying killing innocent children is wrong and never justified.  It doesn't matter who does the killing or why they do it.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Maybe be because the God you worship has done it and you feel forced to accept it?

You can find a thousand other instances where men of great wisdom and moral standards killed children in vengeance.  It wouldn't change the fact that killing innocent children is wrong and far from a Godly thing to do.

Oh, I'm so offended by your racist, condescending rhetoric!   ::)

You are the one who is having problems understanding what i wrote.   ::)

Answer the question.  How does any of what you posted above have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread? 

I've been responding to the things you said.  So I'll ask he same thing:  How does any of what you posted above have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread?

More insults and name calling!   ::)

Please define cultist!  Please define Christian!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
More stating the obvious.  However, a Psalm whether it be, inspired by god or is the word of God, (depending on what's convenient at the time) in the Bible blesses the person committing the act.see above.

I'm not claiming to be better or worse.  You are.  I'm only saying killing innocent children is wrong and never justified.  It doesn't matter who does the killing or why they do it.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Maybe be because the God you worship has done it and you feel forced to accept it?

You can find a thousand other instances where men of great wisdom and moral standards killed children in vengeance.  It wouldn't change the fact that killing innocent children is wrong and far from a Godly thing to do.

No, you said that you would never feel or say what the Psalmist felt and said.  The Psalmist did not kill anybody.

You said that you would never even think of doing what these Indians did if you were put in their horrible situation.

You think you are "modern" and better.

You are the one who is having problems understanding what i wrote.   ::)

I've been responding to the things you said.  So I'll ask he same thing:  How does any of what you posted above have to do with the verses that you posted in this thread?

Way to deflect the question.