Author Topic: President didn't like earmarks, until he did (because he's a lying idiot)  (Read 3114 times)

James

President didn't like earmarks, until he did (because he's a lying idiot)

Chicago Sun-Times ^ | 3/13/2009 | ROGER SIMON

"President Obama sounded so mournful Wednesday about having to sign a $410 billion bill to fund the federal government that, for a second, I thought he would refuse.

He was not sad about the amount of money involved. These days, $410 billion is small potatoes. Obama's stimulus package was $787 billion. His budget for next year projects a $1.75 trillion deficit.

So $410 billion is probably in the range of what Bernie Madoff still has hidden away in his mattress.

No, it was not the amount that made the president so gloomy. It was the $7.7 billion for 8,570 pet projects that are contained in the bill and known as earmarks.

During his campaign, Obama had promised to end most earmarks, and now he is spending billions on them. This has ticked him off. Sort of.

"Done right, earmarks have given legislators the opportunity to direct federal money to worthy projects that benefit people in their districts, and that's why I've opposed their outright elimination," Obama said Wednes- day.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/1477075,CST-EDT-simon15.article"

James

No defense from the Liberals  ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
CRICKETS

James

CRICKETS

100% correct

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
100% correct

I like his latest "the fundamentals of the economy are sound" moment.

What a liar.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I like his latest "the fundamentals of the economy are sound" moment.

What a liar.
he did not say that shit??? didnt mccain say that a few months ago and got ragged this shit on by the media and every lefty on this board...pls give a link if you can

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
he did not say that shit??? didnt mccain say that a few months ago and got ragged this shit on by the media and every lefty on this board...pls give a link if you can

Check it out.  Yes they did!  They used the same exact terminology that McCain did.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Check it out.  Yes they did!  They used the same exact terminology that McCain did.
actually i think it was his top economic advisor that said it

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/03/key-obama-econo.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
actually i think it was his top economic advisor that said it

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/03/key-obama-econo.html

Same thing.

The media and ZERO blasted McCain when he said that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Same thing.

The media and ZERO blasted McCain when he said that.

Did Obama actually blast him?

When did this happen? Can someone send me a clip or a sound bite?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did Obama actually blast him?

When did this happen? Can someone send me a clip or a sound bite?

Were you not paying attention during the campaign?????

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Were you not paying attention during the campaign?????

I paid attention,  but I'll be honest... It sounded more like the media saying shit than Obama himself.

Did Obama actually SAY this? That's all I'm asking.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I paid attention,  but I'll be honest... It sounded more like the media saying shit than Obama himself.

Did Obama actually SAY this? That's all I'm asking.

He did not have to , the media was in the tank for him all along and did the dirty work for him.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
He did not have to , the media was in the tank for him all along and did the dirty work for him.

Perhaps... but I can only blast him for something he actually said.

Same with any other politician.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Perhaps... but I can only blast him for something he actually said.

Same with any other politician.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Yes... an Ad said something... yes Obama approved the message... He didn't say McCain was wrong though.

Yes... I'm sort of spinning... but it's factual.

I can't say Obama said it was wrong... I can say he supported an ad that made it appear as if he thought it was wrong. There is a subtle, yet important difference.

On top of this... Obama is not the one who said it today... It was an advisor.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

hahahaha come on guys 240 etc...comment on this shit please.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yes... an Ad said something... yes Obama approved the message... He didn't say McCain was wrong though.
hahahah wtf do you think they made the ad for then to say he was right?

next vid...comment please

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

hahahaha come on guys 240 etc...comment on this shit please.

Again, he didn't say it today... Some other guy did.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Yes... I'm sort of spinning... but it's factual.

I can't say Obama said it was wrong... I can say he supported an ad that made it appear as if he thought it was wrong. There is a subtle, yet important difference.

On top of this... Obama is not the one who said it today... It was an advisor.
not an advisor chief of his advisors, LOL come on holmes...you are spinning it just like he did when he put out a negative ad and it got bad feed back and he said he didnt approve it  ::) LOL gezz louise man

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Again, he didn't say it today... Some other guy did.
THAT SOME OTHER GUY IS HIS CHIEF ECONOMIC ADVISOR

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
THAT SOME OTHER GUY IS HIS CHIEF ECONOMIC ADVISOR

I get it... it's a bad statement... One that Obama (You know... the guy you hate) didn't make.

I'm just confused... Who are you upset with here? Did Obama himself say that the fundamentals of the economy are sound?

I think it's a pretty straight question.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I get it... it's a bad statement... One that Obama (You know... the guy you hate) didn't make.

I'm just confused... Who are you upset with here? Did Obama himself say that the fundamentals of the economy are sound?

I think it's a pretty straight question.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

That said he's keeping focus on the fundamental aspects... He didn't say whether they were good or bad.

What does that clip prove in your mind?

I don't see what the point of posting it was. You haven't even answered the question I asked you in the previous post I made.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
That said he's keeping focus on the fundamental aspects... He didn't say whether they were good or bad.

What does that clip prove in your mind?

I don't see what the point of posting it was. You haven't even answered the question I asked you in the previous post I made.
LOL OMG he didnt say fundamental aspects, he said the fundamentally SOUND aspects...just stop bro its clear your going to argue this every which way man no matter what. YES HE JUST SAID IT RIGHT IN THE CLIP I GAVE YOU.