Author Topic: Chuck Norris for president … of Texas  (Read 844 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Chuck Norris for president … of Texas
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »
 :)

Posted: 05:06 AM ET

From CNN's Lauren Kornreich

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/12/chuck-norris-for-president-%E2%80%A6-of-texas/

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Chuck Norris for president … of Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
:)

Posted: 05:06 AM ET

From CNN's Lauren Kornreich

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/12/chuck-norris-for-president-%E2%80%A6-of-texas/

Civil War part II, where Chuck Norris takes on a whole army by himself ::)

he has taken the "In the Eyes of a Ranger" too seriously.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 07:06:51 PM »
Civil War part II, where Chuck Norris takes on a whole army by himself ::)

he has taken the "In the Eyes of a Ranger" too seriously.

I'd want him on my side.   :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:41:52 PM »
I'd want him in my backside.   :)

fixed

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
Can he be prez of California too?

Please?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »
oh brother - I think Chucks hair plugs have infected his brain

he should stick to making bad TV Show's and pimping home exercise equipment

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »
Can't blame him for not liking the direction this country is going.

I think I'd vote for Huckabee if he ran again.  I like that guy.  Never yells, always respectful to all, not condescending, very logical, experienced and good values but not too closed minded.  He also won nearly every debate in the republican primaries.  I imagine he'd do a lot better this time, he had very limited funds to campaign.  Very different tone than the majority of politicians and talk show personalities.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »
Can't blame him for not liking the direction this country is going.

I think I'd vote for Huckabee if he ran again.  I like that guy.  Never yells, always respectful to all, not condescending, very logical, experienced and good values but not too closed minded.  He also won nearly every debate in the republican primaries.  I imagine he'd do a lot better this time, he had very limited funds to campaign.  Very different tone than the majority of politicians and talk show personalities.

I would too. The Republicans ran McCain knowing whoever they put up was going to get smoked this time around. Much like the Dems did with Gore. Now in 4 years they can run someone who they really want in there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 03:52:23 PM »
Huck will be a contender in 2012.  I like him.