Author Topic: The "Advice Giver"..  (Read 1005 times)

HURRICANE

• Getbig II
The "Advice Giver"..
« on: March 15, 2009, 07:43:19 PM »
I know every gym has at least two or three of these...

So theres this guy at my gym, looks to be in his mid-40's, about 6 foot and 250lbs...of fat.  The funny thing is he's always going around the gym, going up to fit people 10-20 years his junior and has the balls to offer up advice unasked for.  I always saw him doing this and would always chuckle to myself.

So one day I'm doing a set of squats on the smith machine. i saw him come up to me in the middle of my set and say something but i couldn't hear him cuz i had my headphones on so after i finished i took them out and asked "What?"  He says, "You gotta walk your feet out!"  I said, "what the hell are you talking about?" he then proceeded to tell me how im gonna wreck my knees.  Now I know proper exercise form (I train people in a Physical Therapy office) and the extra 12-18 inches farther out that he recommended me walking my feet out would emphasize my glutes and hams.  I kind of just laughed and told him thanks for the advice but I'm really working on my quads more than my hams and glutes and explained how his stance would do so.  he kind of made a face like i told him his mother was ugly or something and walked away.

The very next day I'm doing heavy barbell shrugs and he comes up to me in the middle of my set (again) and warns me not to tense up my neck during shrugs because it will ruin my neck.  I tried to be nice to him the day before but I had had it.  I said how in the hell do you expect anyone not to tense up their neck on shrugs?! My neck is straight and there is absolutely no stress on my spine! I know what im doing!  I felt like telling him "what right do YOU have giving ANYBODY advice!"

He left me alone after that but i still roll my eyes every time I see him "helping" some one else.  Anybody else have "that guy" at their gym?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: The "Advice Giver"..
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »

So theres this guy at my gym, looks to be in his mid-40's, about 6 foot and 250lbs...of fat.  The funny thing is he's always going around the gym, going up to fit people 10-20 years his junior and has the balls to offer up advice unasked for.  I always saw him doing this and would always chuckle to myself.

So one day I'm doing a set of squats on the smith machine. i saw him come up to me in the middle of my set and say something but i couldn't hear him cuz i had my headphones on so after i finished i took them out and asked "What?"  He says, "You gotta walk your feet out!"  I said, "what the hell are you talking about?" he then proceeded to tell me how im gonna wreck my knees.  Now I know proper exercise form (I train people in a Physical Therapy office) and the extra 12-18 inches farther out that he recommended me walking my feet out would emphasize my glutes and hams.  I kind of just laughed and told him thanks for the advice but I'm really working on my quads more than my hams and glutes and explained how his stance would do so.  he kind of made a face like i told him his mother was ugly or something and walked away.

The very next day I'm doing heavy barbell shrugs and he comes up to me in the middle of my set (again) and warns me not to tense up my neck during shrugs because it will ruin my neck.  I tried to be nice to him the day before but I had had it.  I said how in the hell do you expect anyone not to tense up their neck on shrugs?! My neck is straight and there is absolutely no stress on my spine! I know what im doing!  I felt like telling him "what right do YOU have giving ANYBODY advice!"

He left me alone after that but i still roll my eyes every time I see him "helping" some one else.  Anybody else have "that guy" at their gym?
anyone telling you to put your feet out in front on any kind of squats is a fuccking moron, quads recieve the most stress when your feet are directly underneath your hips.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
One word : Short Shrift  :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:20:38 PM »

If you weren't a skinny twink, he would be asking you for advice. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
wear headphones?
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
i always feel like pwning  gym advice givers by rapid fire shooting out a bunnch of stuff to make them look retarded whenever they are giving advice... however i am kind of introverted most of the time so i just keep to myself and let peoplpe be people.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »
I don't think we have that guy.  Maybe in the morning but not when I train anyway.  Although I did once have some dude tell me an alternate way to do front dumbell raises, but that is pretty much it. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »
i always feel like pwning  gym advice givers by rapid fire shooting out a bunnch of stuff to make them look retarded whenever they are giving advice... however i am kind of introverted most of the time so i just keep to myself and let peoplpe be people.
I actualy thought of you when I read his post  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »
yes well.. i only post what i think, not what i say. in reality, outside of cyberspace, if you only knew what i said and not what i thought, you would think me a shy quiet person, or maybe youll confuse my hesitation with arrogance.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »

Zing!

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »
however i am kind of introverted most of the time so i just keep to myself and let peoplpe be people.
So the keyboard to you is like full moon to the werewolf?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:41:36 AM »
Punch him