Author Topic: MORE BULLSHIT FROM CHARLES LOLIQUIN: "TOM PLATZ HAS SKINNY LEGS!"  (Read 13271 times)

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
Re: MORE BULLSHIT FROM CHARLES LOLIQUIN: "TOM PLATZ HAS SKINNY LEGS!"
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
Poliquin was at the same university as i in 80s. The guy weighed around 160. Over years of training i never saw him once in the gym. He had the ear of those who did the budget and convinced them to buy useless lines of equipment that even regular guys didn't use, like hydraulic air compressed lifting stations. All of his training advice is taken from others.

lol, what an idiot. Most of his stuff is taken from other sources. Like his German Volume training (10 x 10). And his bullshit BioSignature readings. Hahahaha, what a Dofus.

Pumpster, any more info on this clown, any details?

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »
what a moron.... someone please post the pic of some speedskaters

HUGE!  ::)

eVEN i FUCKING LOOK LIKE TOM PLATZ NEXT TO THEM..poliquin is a moron

HAHA anyone notice his BF taking the pics?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »
HAHA anyone notice his BF taking the pics?
epic checking me out ....FAG hahahaha

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »
epic checking me out ....FAG hahahaha

Do you let him stick it in your ass first "spermatase"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
Do you let him stick it in your ass first "spermatase"
are you describing yur fantasy ?  :D

you are def a big ass homo !

welcome out of the closet hahahaha

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »
This was brought up along time ago 'Tom Platz has skinny legs" and other off the wall quotes. I subscribed to his site for a while and read alot of his stuff. Bottom line is, the guy is smart and can baffle you with convincing bullshit during a seminar especially when trying to sell you his products (sound like someone we know?) but over the last few years or so the dude has made some, again, off the wall quotes and theories and the most of the articles he has written is mostly common knowledge put into a well written article. I finally had to un-subscribe to his site and take anything he writes or says with a grain of salt.

The Coach

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
Poliquin was at the same university as i in 80s. The guy weighed 150-160 soaking wet. Over years of training before/during/after university I never saw him once in the gym actually training. He had the ear of those who did the procurement budget, because of his studies and while the gym only had olympic bars, a few benches and a universal and could've really used some good serious equipment he convinced management to squander a good-sized budget on stuff that even the regular guys didn't end up using-hydraulic air compressed lifting stations. All of his training advice is taken from others.

Clearly on roids much later when he must've gained 40 lb. in a short amount of time.

Mike Boyle (my mentor) put it perfectly. "The secret is, there is no secret" Poliqin wants people to pay for his "secrets". I'll tell you right now, Poliquin is fast becoming a joke and is losing credibility FAST in the S&C world.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »
Bonnie Blair DID have some big, well developed legs.........but she was no Tom Platz.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

here's the monster Poliquin is talking about

Fuc.king huge  ::)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 10:36:12 AM »

This was brought up along time ago 'Tom Platz has skinny legs" and other off the wall quotes. I subscribed to his site for a while and read alot of his stuff. Bottom line is, the guy is smart and can baffle you with convincing bullshit during a seminar especially when trying to sell you his products (sound like someone we know?) but over the last few years or so the dude has made some, again, off the wall quotes and theories and the most of the articles he has written is mostly common knowledge put into a well written article. I finally had to un-subscribe to his site and take anything he writes or says with a grain of salt.

I too, have subscribed to his site in the past. I must concur that his later findings/tips/research seems to be a little out there. I still feel that there could be some good nuggets of info within his site/suggestions.

I also think that Charles makes statements to pique attention. Not so much that it's truth, more embellishment than truth. For example if you read an article he writes about squatting, some of the public may not like Platz's legs, but they like some speed skaters, so he says the line about "I've seen speed skaters with legs that make Platz's look skinny." Not so much to be truthful, more so to make a point. Just a theory.

I think if you buy his book(s) "The Poliquin Principles," and Modern Trends In Strength Training," it will cover all you need pertaining to what people here are looking for.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

I think if you buy his book(s) "The Poliquin Principles," and Modern Trends In Strength Training," it will cover all you need pertaining to what people here are looking for.

Excellent plug! I don't see any reason to buy his books over those of others with more experience and better judgement. Also his english grammar in the books is not stellar.. More power to him though for being able to pull off a career from this.

IMO his break came from training Canadians, hockey players especially, back when training methods weren't developed or well known, were just coming into vogue in the 70s and 80s. People who needed guidance and weren't that sophisticated. Hockey was his niche, because the Americans didn't pay as much attention to it and already covered the other big sports re: training. Primarily Canadian hockey players and other winter sports, not Europeans who were more advanced. Canadian hockey training methods were behind the times beginning in the 60s compared to the Europeans, thus he had a readymade market of guys looking for help.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »
He runs his own courses and all now. Some PT schmoe over here in Northern Ireland is forever ranting about them. I think he's been brainwashed. Those courses are nothing but a money spinner for the douche

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Excellent plug! I don't see any reason to buy his books over those of others with more experience and better judgement. Also his english grammar in the books is not stellar.

How does grammar weigh in, when one is trying to get the basic idea of weight training across? ???

What books would you purchase, and why do you feel they are better than Poliquins? I'm not saying that there are no other books out there of value- I believe far too much in that everyone has something to offer, even if one sentence in the entire book is something I like versus the entire Poliquin book.

All I'm trying to say, is that if you purchase "The Poliquin Principles," you will get far more knowledge out of the first 20 pages than if you subscribed to FLEX for 6 months.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
How does grammar weigh in, when one is trying to get the basic idea of weight training across? ???

What books would you purchase, and why do you feel they are better than Poliquins? I'm not saying that there are no other books out there of value- I believe far too much in that everyone has something to offer, even if one sentence in the entire book is something I like versus the entire Poliquin book.

All I'm trying to say, is that if you purchase "The Poliquin Principles," you will get far more knowledge out of the first 20 pages than if you subscribed to FLEX for 6 months.

Because he's simply recycling existing theories that were already out there when i used to see him around the University of Ottawa gym doing nothing and ordering shit equipment for a gym that could've used good equipment. The expensive line of hydraulic equipment he brought in sat there unused by anyone and reflects poorly on his judgement.

The grammar used in any book reflects on the author's standards in general.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »
What are these far out ideas he is trying to sell?

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »
What are these far out ideas he is trying to sell?

Everything.
45g of fish oil per day, which is assanine
zinc supplements to people already ingesting enough zinc - assanine
30-40g of glutamine for workouts - assanine
Biosignature Readings - 90% assanine quackery
Diet recomendations based on Biosignature Readings.
Diet recommendations based on unscientific ideas and notions about insulin manipulation
Quackery ideas about blood sugar control
Quackery ideas about applying licorice gel to your abdomen to reset your hormones
Assanine protein recommendations for natural lifters
Assanine carb phobia

... the list goes on and on. He's probably really good at getting results. But his scientific reasonings are BULLshit.

I have a friend who once read an article by Charles about hamstring training. You know, the article made perfect sense to me. But my friend, who is educated in human biology and currently pursuing a phd - he's on pubmed too - he knows SO much about muscle physiology and is a brainiac in general - tore apart that bullshit article. Left was a bunch of probably good training ideas, but the reasonings behind them were ASSANINE. I can elaborate for those interested?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
Left was a bunch of probably good training ideas, but the reasonings behind them were ASSANINE. I can elaborate for those interested?

The training ideas are fine because they're simply rehashes of what's already out there. His interpretations are in the explanations, and tell you that he himself has no particular understandings.

He's essentially a high-priced PT. More power to him for his forte, which is promoting himself.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »

The training ideas are fine because they're simply rehashes of what's already out there. His interpretations are in the explanations, and tell you that he himself has no particular understandings.

He's essentially a high-priced PT. More power to him for his forte, which is promoting himself.
exactamundo.

the big fan

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
I've met them all and he is the best trainer by far

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
I've met them all and he is the best trainer by far

Hi Charles.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »
its true LOL

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
MATS ROGER JENSEN ( NOT GAY )

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »
MATS ROGER JENSEN ( NOT GAY )

what the fuck?  ???

The Coach

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »
its true LOL

Yes, of course it is, the second I saw Platz the first thing I said to myself was "wow, this guy must be a speed skater"  ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
the only dude speedskater big legs not platzian tho but big eric heiden.