Author Topic: New Vids Squat Bench and Pull ups  (Read 6930 times)

The Wall

• Getbig II
New Vids Squat Bench and Pull ups
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
New Vids are here

they are uploading on youtube as we speak soon as they finish ill post um up

BenchPress was 5 sets of 385x2 then 405 for a struggled 1 rep lol i realize a warm up for most people here but im so tall that i was happy to get it after my sets

Squat was Olympic Style 435 for 5 sets of 2

Pull ups....with every rep having my chin clear the bar!!! lol still utilizing the swing that big K did but these were much cleaner got 20 and had to stop due to being heavy  :P

anyways enjoy the vids guys

The Wall

• Getbig II
Re: New Vids Squat Bench and Pull ups
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

Bench Vid

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »

Pull up vid

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »
squat vid sorry for the multi post

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »
Hey that was pretty damn good on the pullups Wall, I'll give ya 21 for that.  I'm impressed!

Bench press video no longer available.   >:(

:)

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
[quote Bench press video no longer available.   >:([/quote]

Try it again. It worked for me.
Good job man!!!!  :)
Masters- 50-54
148#

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
good solid lifts....

and it's a good thing ya held up that little piece of paper  with your name on it, because otherwise we may have thought you brought in a ringer or something....

p.s... 20 pull ups automatically makes you a fag !

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »
i dunno whats up with the vids they are all workin for me just fine u gotta try to play  um more than once and they should work youtube has been f"ing up like crazy as of late

Hopefully these new vids have redeemed me in your eyes from that awful experimental vid a posted earlier!!!!

anyways it was a good day of training...hopefully ill have some olympic lifting vids up in the next few weeks...gonna TRY for a 350-405 powerclean and a 275 snatch but thats just some wishful thinking on my part i may not reach that goal until summer...even so i post up my attempts :P

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
geo...what do i have to do to earn your approval..first i dont do enuff pullups now ive done too many...i think im getting the picture, you wanted me to post up a good set of 11 huh!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
geo...what do i have to do to earn your approval..first i dont do enuff pullups now ive done too many...i think im getting the picture, you wanted me to post up a good set of 11 huh!

Geo is a complex man. Thats just how he says "I enjoyed your video and cranked out two handfulls of baby batter to it."  ;)

Very strong upper body! Decent squatting too. What I really want to see is the oly lifts you mentioned. 350+ clean and press is ridiculous!

Great job!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
squat vid sorry for the multi post

those are pretty cool weights...

never seen those before !

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 04:03:48 AM »
those are pretty cool weights...

never seen those before !

I agree... I love those plates.  Squats look pretty good too... vids are working.  :)
:)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 06:03:12 AM »
very good potential young lad.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
Great work

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »
lol epic jealously of my weight room plates!!!!! ;D

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
epic brutal konstantinov chin up style.
asstropin

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
epic brutal konstantinov chin up style.

you know whats funny about those swinging pullups is they are actually a lot harder than i thought...because to generate momentum the pullup becomes much more explosive and requires an even more forcful pull than a regular chin, you get compensated for this by being able to conserve your momentum and do less overall work on the movement but still... lol after a few of those your back starts to get pretty tired, i am definately gonna start using this explosive style in my power phase of training

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »
you know whats funny about those swinging pullups is they are actually a lot harder than i thought...because to generate momentum the pullup becomes much more explosive and requires an even more forcful pull than a regular chin, you get compensated for this by being able to conserve your momentum and do less overall work on the movement but still... lol after a few of those your back starts to get pretty tired, i am definately gonna start using this explosive style in my power phase of training

hum...i don't think about it.
it could be good.
i'll try that tomorow one set at the end of chin routine .
asstropin

Bona

• Getbig II
  • Creating Websites For Singapore
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
New Vids are here

they are uploading on youtube as we speak soon as they finish ill post um up

BenchPress was 5 sets of 385x2 then 405 for a struggled 1 rep lol i realize a warm up for most people here but im so tall that i was happy to get it after my sets

Squat was Olympic Style 435 for 5 sets of 2

Pull ups....with every rep having my chin clear the bar!!! lol still utilizing the swing that big K did but these were much cleaner got 20 and had to stop due to being heavy  :P

anyways enjoy the vids guys
awesome stuff pal, mind telling us your routine?

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 09:46:56 AM »
awesome stuff pal, mind telling us your routine?

well its pretty simple really.  I operate on a 4week block periodization program, containing 3 phases

1) Muscular Endurance and Training Load Adaption

2) Muscular Strength

3) Muscular Power and Peaking

each phase lasts 4 weeks and concentrates on the trait listed...all workouts are full body 3x a week focusing on the objective at hand...AKA in my strength cycle i go for most weight possible and even if i CAN get more reps with something heavy i dont and instead add more weight.  By keeping laser beam focus on one objective instead of many i feel like you maximize your progress.

ill list an example workout from my log during my strength phase

Squat:   405x2           (5)sets**
Bench:   375x2           (5)sets***
Pullups:  3platesx2      (5)sets*
SLDS:    405x3           (5)sets*
LPC:      9platesx10     (5)sets*
Pullover: 60x10           (3)sets**

SLDS= stiff leg dead lift + shrug, a power movement that focuses on speed and type II muscular strength excellent exercise because it builds lower and upper back and teaches the hips back and traps to work together to produce max power

LPC= Leg Press Calve Raises, not much to explain lay on the sled and do some calves as heavy as you can for reps

Notice the *** after each of the sets...this is something i started doin a few years ago that really helped me in my training...its a simple ranking system of how difficult finishing the exercise was, 3* being very easy and 1* being difficult

i go so far as to explain my missed reps and sets so i dont see them as permanent failures...for instance if i miss a rep on a set of squats i think back on the past few days and examine possible causes for the breakdown in strength...doing this will force you to evaluate your lifestyle and make life descisions that are synergistic with making gains in the weight room

I also cycle military press in for bench press after each 12 weeks is completed...so 12 weeks of bench then 12 weeks of military so on and so forth....i throw in some flys when i stop doing bench so i keep my chest shaped up (gotta look my best for the ladies 8) )

the more notes you take when you work out...the faster you are going to make progress...tommy kono said that when asked about his workout logs which were EXTREMELY detailed

NOTE: it is important to switch phases often because by doing this you allow yourself to constantly make progress and never get stale.. For instance everyone knows when you start a new program the first week is kinda mediocre then the learning curve sets in and you rapidly adjust and make gains...this cycle utilizes the bodies ability to adapt to training so that you maximize the curve then switch to a new phase so you can max another curve and come back to the old one stronger than before

example i do 275x20 on a squat during Muscular endurance phase to start the week...by week 4 i am able to do 300-315x20...i start my Muscular Strength phase and work up to 405 for 5x2. now i add in a power phase that most dont but if you go back to Muscular endurance you reset your bodys learning curve with a higher starting weight so you start with 315 and work up to 350...Back to muscular strength 405 5x2 is gonna be a joke compared to 350x20 so you will be able to work up to around 475-500 for 5x2

its all about maxing out your bodies ability to adjust to a program and make gains while tailoring it to meet your specific needs...for me i am a power athlete so my peaking phase is about moving big weights FAST!!!!!!! where if you are a bodybuilder you would have a MUscular Hypertrophy phase

:P that being said sorry for the long drawn out explanation but hopefully you are able to take somethin useful away from it...remember what works for one doesnt always work for all...ive been training a long long time for only being 21 years old, so tailor a program for YOU, just remember to base it on science and not hopes and dreams lol as so many people sadly do...if you believe in your program it is gonna take you farther than you ever could imagine, if your just doing it cuz somebody said so, it will take you only as far as the next person you decide to listen too.

Train Hard, Eat Heavy, Rest Well, and PLAN Every inch of the way!

Bona

• Getbig II
  • Creating Websites For Singapore
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »
well its pretty simple really.  I operate on a 4week block periodization program, containing 3 phases

1) Muscular Endurance and Training Load Adaption

2) Muscular Strength

3) Muscular Power and Peaking

each phase lasts 4 weeks and concentrates on the trait listed...all workouts are full body 3x a week focusing on the objective at hand...AKA in my strength cycle i go for most weight possible and even if i CAN get more reps with something heavy i dont and instead add more weight.  By keeping laser beam focus on one objective instead of many i feel like you maximize your progress.

ill list an example workout from my log during my strength phase

Squat:   405x2           (5)sets**
Bench:   375x2           (5)sets***
Pullups:  3platesx2      (5)sets*
SLDS:    405x3           (5)sets*
LPC:      9platesx10     (5)sets*
Pullover: 60x10           (3)sets**

SLDS= stiff leg dead lift + shrug, a power movement that focuses on speed and type II muscular strength excellent exercise because it builds lower and upper back and teaches the hips back and traps to work together to produce max power

LPC= Leg Press Calve Raises, not much to explain lay on the sled and do some calves as heavy as you can for reps

Notice the *** after each of the sets...this is something i started doin a few years ago that really helped me in my training...its a simple ranking system of how difficult finishing the exercise was, 3* being very easy and 1* being difficult

i go so far as to explain my missed reps and sets so i dont see them as permanent failures...for instance if i miss a rep on a set of squats i think back on the past few days and examine possible causes for the breakdown in strength...doing this will force you to evaluate your lifestyle and make life descisions that are synergistic with making gains in the weight room

I also cycle military press in for bench press after each 12 weeks is completed...so 12 weeks of bench then 12 weeks of military so on and so forth....i throw in some flys when i stop doing bench so i keep my chest shaped up (gotta look my best for the ladies 8) )

the more notes you take when you work out...the faster you are going to make progress...tommy kono said that when asked about his workout logs which were EXTREMELY detailed

NOTE: it is important to switch phases often because by doing this you allow yourself to constantly make progress and never get stale.. For instance everyone knows when you start a new program the first week is kinda mediocre then the learning curve sets in and you rapidly adjust and make gains...this cycle utilizes the bodies ability to adapt to training so that you maximize the curve then switch to a new phase so you can max another curve and come back to the old one stronger than before

example i do 275x20 on a squat during Muscular endurance phase to start the week...by week 4 i am able to do 300-315x20...i start my Muscular Strength phase and work up to 405 for 5x2. now i add in a power phase that most dont but if you go back to Muscular endurance you reset your bodys learning curve with a higher starting weight so you start with 315 and work up to 350...Back to muscular strength 405 5x2 is gonna be a joke compared to 350x20 so you will be able to work up to around 475-500 for 5x2

its all about maxing out your bodies ability to adjust to a program and make gains while tailoring it to meet your specific needs...for me i am a power athlete so my peaking phase is about moving big weights FAST!!!!!!! where if you are a bodybuilder you would have a MUscular Hypertrophy phase

:P that being said sorry for the long drawn out explanation but hopefully you are able to take somethin useful away from it...remember what works for one doesnt always work for all...ive been training a long long time for only being 21 years old, so tailor a program for YOU, just remember to base it on science and not hopes and dreams lol as so many people sadly do...if you believe in your program it is gonna take you farther than you ever could imagine, if your just doing it cuz somebody said so, it will take you only as far as the next person you decide to listen too.

Train Hard, Eat Heavy, Rest Well, and PLAN Every inch of the way!
Thanks for the informative reply pal, really appreciate it!

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:04 PM »
lol everyone in the pullup contest just got owned :(

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »
christine's a whore !

The Wall

• Getbig II