Author Topic: Jay cutler is being traded to.....  (Read 11930 times)

body88

Re: Jay cutler is being traded to.....
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »
Was watching NFL live on ESPN and Trent Dilfer made a good suggestion.

He suggested that Detroit trade for Cutler, trade down the #1 pick for a left tackle, and get an additional first rounder. By doing so you build the base of your offense from the ground up and now you have a QB with a gun-slinger mentality to throw to Calvin Johnson. Detroits offensive scheme would suit Cutler perfectly.

Dilfer is obviously an offense-minded guy. But Detroit needs to build through the draft on defense also.

Agreed, this is what Detriot should have done with Cassel.  Give up the late first rounder and take the best LT in college with pick 1 (no one would want that pick, the risk is to high....many teams trying to trade down this year).  Miami did this last year with Long and Henne.  Cassel is a pro-bowl type player and they could have nabbed him for a late first rounder and got the best LT in the draft, while having their full stack of draft picks.....dumb.

In regards to Cutler, it would be tough to get the Broncs to bite on the number one pick (since they pick high)...but if they could trade the pick down to 10 or so, and they where willing to give up their second round pick also, plus a first in 2010, Josh might do it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
ya i agree, i really dont think he ends up going anywhere.
bowlen suggested otherwise.  He doesn't think he needs to be there if he's not a "happy camper"  They'll look to do something imo.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
bowlen suggested otherwise.  He doesn't think he needs to be there if he's not a "happy camper"  They'll look to do something imo.
I really dont doubt them looking to do something just that they wont get what they consider enough to trade him imho.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »
I really dont doubt them looking to do something just that they wont get what they consider enough to trade him imho.
it's a done deal, he'll be traded and no, they probably won't get a good deal out of this.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
it's a done deal, he'll be traded and no, they probably won't get a good deal out of this.

OMG....you just posted off the Politics Board! Holy Shit! :o
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
Good for him.  Denver created this mess. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
Man, the Panthers should send Peppers for Cutler and swap some picks......

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
OMG....you just posted off the Politics Board! Holy Shit! :o
WTF, I've posted here many times.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »
Good for him.  Denver created this mess. 
we agree on something. :D  others don't tho

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
we agree on something. :D  others don't tho

One of those rare moments.   :)  We're definitely in the minority.  I think McDaniels screwed up by telling Cutler when McDaniels first arrived that he took the job because of Cutler, then tried to trade him without telling Cutler, then lied about trying to trade him, then basically told him he could still be traded.  Multiple blunders. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »
anything final yet? honestly i think he is acting like a little bitch, god forbid this kid ever gets benched for sucking it up in a game or even worse a few games im mean gezzz louise your getting paid millions do your fuking job.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 02:35:04 PM »
I still say Detroit or the Jets. The Redskins may be a dark horse candidate even if they have publicly declared Jason Campbell as their starter.

One interesting note about the Redskins is that Campbell is entering the final year of his contract and has not been offered an extension yet. Cutler's contract is considered a bargain and is cap-friendly for most teams to take on. I'm thinking the Redskins make a play for him. Cutler may be a bitch but there is no denying this kid's talent. 4500+ passing yards is pretty impressive. If not for Denver's shitty defense, his won-loss record would be much better.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »
I still say Detroit or the Jets. The Redskins may be a dark horse candidate even if they have publicly declared Jason Campbell as their starter.

One interesting note about the Redskins is that Campbell is entering the final year of his contract and has not been offered an extension yet. Cutler's contract is considered a bargain and is cap-friendly for most teams to take on. I'm thinking the Redskins make a play for him. Cutler may be a bitch but there is no denying this kid's talent. 4500+ passing yards is pretty impressive. If not for Denver's shitty defense, his won-loss record would be much better.

jets or skins is instant playoff possiblity for them

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

C'mon Detroit
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
C'mon Detroit

Very real possiblity. Trade the #1 pick, draft the best left tackle available in the draft, and pick up an outside LB with a late first rounder. The Lions would have a great offensive foundation, literally overnight. I'm pulling for the Lions to start winning. No one deserves to go 0-16.  However, there's no guarantee that Stafford will turn out to be above average.

Imagine Cutler slinging deep balls to Calvin Johnson on the dome turf. Those two would light up the scoreboard, holy shit!
Megatron is an absolute monster. With a good quarterback he would put up ridiculous stats.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »
Very real possiblity. Trade the #1 pick, draft the best left tackle available in the draft, and pick up an outside LB with a late first rounder. The Lions would have a great offensive foundation, literally overnight. I'm pulling for the Lions to start winning. No one deserves to go 0-16.  However, there's no guarantee that Stafford will turn out to be above average.

Imagine Cutler slinging deep balls to Calvin Johnson on the dome turf. Those two would light up the scoreboard, holy shit!
Megatron is an absolute monster. With a good quarterback he would put up ridiculous stats.
i think cutler to the skins or the jets would be better to watch gonna take a season or two at least to get the lions back on a winning track, skins or jets both have solid O's with good running games and a number of good recievers.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »
anything final yet? honestly i think he is acting like a little bitch, god forbid this kid ever gets benched for sucking it up in a game or even worse a few games im mean gezzz louise your getting paid millions do your fuking job.
yes, final Denver said he's gone.  How we don't know yet.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
yes, final Denver said he's gone.  How we don't know yet.
that sucks for denver man its probably gonna be another season or two before they are up to par...as a texans fan i know your pain hugo

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
strong possibility he'll go to the skins

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
strong possibility he'll go to the skins
strong improvement for them if it happens campbell sucked it up towards the end of the season last year and wasnt really consistent, to many good players on that team to waste on another mediocre season especially if portis is healthy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 03:04:51 AM »
that sucks for denver man its probably gonna be another season or two before they are up to par...as a texans fan i know your pain hugo
I might become a Texans fan actually.  right now I don't know what it's going to take for me to be a Broncos fan.  There has to be some serious redemtion before I'll give a shit again.  Pretty pissed right now.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »
I knew I was right about the Redskins. To be fair, I do live outside of Baltimore. But it's only a 35 minute drive to DC heading south on the 295 Balt-Wash expressway. The local media and the Washington Post have been leaking rumors and info about Dan Snyder's desire to acquire Cutler.

Jason Campbell, from what I've heard through sources close to some of his Redskin's teammates, feel Campbell lacks the IQ to efficiently run Jim Zorn's offense. He's given a basic offensive package of plays to learn(like 40 plays) per game, rather than possessing the entire knowledge of the playbook.

Physically, Campbell is impressive. Above-average arm strength, and better-than-expected scrambling ability, despite his size. But it's what he's lacking between the ears that counts the most. Denver is not interested in acquiring Campbell in a possible trade, which speaks volumes. They're asking for two first-rounders but I think they'll settle for a 1st and a 3rd, with another defensive player thrown in the mix.

If the Redskins acquire Cutler, it's easy money that they will be a strong playoff contender. The Redskins play good defense. Acquiring Haynesworth and Deangelo Hall on defense will only make them better, defensively. Cutler's won-loss record as a starter is tainted because Denver has a real shitty defense.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
I knew I was right about the Redskins. To be fair, I do live outside of Baltimore. But it's only a 35 minute drive to DC heading south on the 295 Balt-Wash expressway. The local media and the Washington Post have been leaking rumors and info about Dan Snyder's desire to acquire Cutler.

Jason Campbell, from what I've heard through sources close to some of his Redskin's teammates, feel Campbell lacks the IQ to efficiently run Jim Zorn's offense. He's given a basic offensive package of plays to learn(like 40 plays) per game, rather than possessing the entire knowledge of the playbook.

Physically, Campbell is impressive. Above-average arm strength, and better-than-expected scrambling ability, despite his size. But it's what he has between the ears that counts the most. Denver is not interested in acquiring Campbell in a possible trade, which speaks volumes. They're asking for two first-rounders but I think they'll settle for a 1st and a 3rd, with another defensive player thrown in the mix.
that would suck b/c they are in the same division with the cowboys but man that would make another good division to watch next year

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »
that would suck b/c they are in the same division with the cowboys but man that would make another good division to watch next year

If the Redskins acquire Cutler, they will will finish above Dallas in the NFC east. Write it down.

Until the Cowboys get rid of Wade phillips, the Cowboys are not going anywhere.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 09:03:51 AM »
If the Redskins acquire Cutler, they will will finish above Dallas in the NFC east. Write it down.

Until the Cowboys get rid of Wade phillips, the Cowboys are not going anywhere.
ya i dont doubt it, which is what im kinda afraid of you never know though, no T.O next year  ;D felix jones will be back if romo can get his shit together they might do some damage.