Author Topic: A bnch of Gitmo Prisoners got released and did terror acts, right?  (Read 2958 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Why did Bush release them?

1) He didn't have the spine to stand up to... um... the Red Cross?
2) He didn't view them as a serious threat?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: A bnch of Gitmo Prisoners got released and did terror acts, right?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »
Should have just had the CIA kill them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »
Oh ok...ur blaming Bush now. The damm libs put so much damm pressure on the admin and ur crying about GWB. Obama wants to try them in American courts and ur blamming Bush? Holy shit 240 u've gotta get off the Obama crack pipe.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 03:57:55 AM »
Oh ok...ur blaming Bush now. The damm libs put so much damm pressure on the admin and ur crying about GWB. Obama wants to try them in American courts and ur blamming Bush? Holy shit 240 u've gotta get off the Obama crack pipe.

no.... I'm not blaming Bush for anything... I'm wondering why he let them go.

If it was 'lib pressure', why didn't he cave to their pressure to end the war in Iraq?

Hell, he said he'd continue it, even if only he and Barney liked it.  He said he'd defy the will of 310 million people because "He knew it was the right thing to do".

So I don't think 'lib pressure' works as an excuse.  Unless he was politicizing their incarceration and released them to win votes.  Then I see he puts partisan BS and getting his party re-elected ahead of our safety.  Scarier.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:27:27 AM »
So I don't think 'lib pressure' works as an excuse. 

LMAO.  That is because it isn't.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
Yes, it was the republicans who whined loudly in the media to have gitmo closed. It was the republicans who forced the ACLU to bring all kinds of absurd lawsuits fighting for terrorist rights. It was also the republicans that launched a media campaign, congressional hearings and called for the impeachment of Bush because of Gitmo. Liberal pressure? Of course not. It's a myth- just like 911 not being an inside job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »
Yes, it was the republicans who whined loudly in the media to have gitmo closed. It was the republicans who forced the ACLU to bring all kinds of absurd lawsuits fighting for terrorist rights. It was also the republicans that launched a media campaign, congressional hearings and called for the impeachment of Bush because of Gitmo. Liberal pressure? Of course not. It's a myth- just like 911 not being an inside job.

Of course there was liberal pressure.

My question is, why didn't Dubya have the courage to ignore it?

There were hundreds of millions of ppl marching in protest to the Iraqi war, a war that the majority of America was against.  Bush continued it anyway.

Why would he give 2 shits about what libs said about 80 dirtbags in Cuba, when he didn't give a shit about their far greater opinoins on the Iraq war?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »
Bush released bad guys who did bad things once released.  It's that simple.

If you wanna blame it on 'lib pressure', feel free.  It only makes Bush look weaker that he caved to the demands of ignorant whiners like Pelosi instead of doing what he knew was right. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
240 even you cant be this stupid. A slight majority of Americans supported the war and the country was split at about 50/50 until things started to go south which didnt happen until we were already there for about 2 years. Bush stayed there because we had toppled Iraq's leadership and made the country extremely unstable. Despite being unpopular, pulling out was not a viable option. If you cant see the difference between pulling the vast majority of the USA military out of a country it invaded and occupied for 5+ years and releasing a bunch of terrorist suspects into other countrys half way around the world, your too stupid to post on the internet, let alone this message board. He didnt pull out for the same reason Obama didnt pull out- We cant. To do so would have left Iraq in a worse position then when we arrived, wasted billions of dollars and American lives for absolutely nothing. Now there is a budding democracy, we have a legitimate timetable for withdrawl, violence is down and there are free elections. If we pulled out prematurely Iraq would have turned into another Afghanistan. No matter what your position is on the war, staying once we invaded ( which I didnt agree with by the way) was the right move. 

Facing international pressure from the fags in the EU, the democratically controlled Congress and Senate, the media, Civil Rights groups and a backlash from the country's judiciary- Bush released a few to appease everybody and shut them up. No big surprise he was right and they were in fact terrorists.

Let me see if I understand your point then- Bush and anyone who is president should never cave to political pressure over anything. So if Obama makes the economy 100000X worse and America's economy completely collapses, should he keep passing bad legislation because he believes its the right thing to do?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »
You want to change the topic to obama and the economy, i can understand that.

Bush told us all they were bad guys.
Bush let some of them out.
They did bad things.

It's that simple.  You said "Bush released a few to appease everybody and shut them up"

You just called Bush an appeaser and stated his actions led to more terror acts.  You don't paint dubya in a veyr good light.  A little neville, no?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
 ::) Yeah, you really nailed this one. Brilliant.

Did their release lead to more terror acts in the United States? No. But 240, you had previously bitched and whined that Gitmo CREATED terrorists and that by keeping Gitmo open we were making America LESS safe. So in essence, didn't Bush help America's security by following your point of view?

When Obama promised immediate withdrawal during his campaign and followed that with a limited pull out 2 years from now, and a sustained US presence in the country indefinetly was he appeasing the Bush supporters?

You really need to get off George Bush Jr's Dick and get a life. Move on dude. He's not president anymore. Put down the jar of vaseline and take "w" off repeat in your DVD player. It's a new day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
i'm all for shipping the bad guys to syria and letting them be tortured until they're no longer useful, then having them get lost in shipping somewhere. 

in my opinion, gitmo was a major recruiting tool for jihadists.  Yes, many more flocked to iraq thanks to gitmo.  If we had never heard of those 200 pricks on that island, if they had just been moved to egypt or wherever, then yes, you would have had X fewer bad guys come to iraq to fight us.

But Bush wanted his public ego boost that came with exposing ppl to elements for the world to see.

James

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
i'm all for shipping the bad guys to syria and letting them be tortured until they're no longer useful, then having them get lost in shipping somewhere.

in my opinion, gitmo was a major recruiting tool for jihadists.  Yes, many more flocked to iraq thanks to gitmo.  If we had never heard of those 200 pricks on that island, if they had just been moved to egypt or wherever, then yes, you would have had X fewer bad guys come to iraq to fight us.

But Bush wanted his public ego boost that came with exposing ppl to elements for the world to see.

Then you would have been bitching about that .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »
Then you would have been bitching about that .

nah, i understand they are pieces of shit, and should die in a fire.

i just dont like recruiting tools that lead to more bad guys for our troops to face.  Bush and his 'bring em on' attitude led to a lot of bad guys come out who wouldn't have come out otherwise.  I support the troops - and the less idiots they have to fight the better.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 01:11:52 PM »
Actually, I agree with 240 on this. These guys should've never stepped foot anywhere near the US again. They should have been relegated to the CIA prison ships or had their torture outsourced to the other countries that are more than willing to do it and then dumped into the ocean. We should have never heard about one of them, let alone putting them all right in the public's eye.

James

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
Actually, I agree with 240 on this. These guys should've never stepped foot anywhere near the US again. They should have been relegated to the CIA prison ships or had their torture outsourced to the other countries that are more than willing to do it and then dumped into the ocean. We should have never heard about one of them, let alone putting them all right in the public's eye.

Their have been numerous reports on shows like 60 minutes and others, showing  how Bush sent prisoners to former soviet union countries, and how it was wrong,

This would have been a big story in the liberal news media, if they would not have had Gitmo to go after !

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
 ::)

OK- So let me be unmistakably clear so no one is confused. You feel that Gitmo should remain open because our country has detained dangerous terrorists. Is that right 240? Call me crazy, but I could have sworn ( and I could prove my claims if I gave enough of a shit to pull your old posts) you felt Gitmo was a bad idea, it contributed to terrorism rather than prevented it and Bush was running a military dictatorship and should be tried and found guilty of war crimes. oK. While you bob and weave your way out of your own nonsense, I'm interested to see how you explain these obvious inaccuracy's.

So Bush was a war mongering torturer, but he was right?

or Bush was a brain dead right wing redneck, but he was right?

or Bush was in on the 911 attacks, but when it comes to terrorism, he's got the right idea?

Please 240, clarify my point of view. I am really at a loss of understanding when it comes to clarifying your contradictory, anti logical, nonsensical point of view. I am sure everyone else is intersted also.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 02:52:54 AM »
I agree that "secret locations" should deal with these scum - quick, easy and cheap removal of them.

240 has turned into a troll. How many times did you vote Bush 240? Why are you going off at a tangent in this thread when logical explanations are provided to your initial questions? Honestly, remove your lips from Obama your sugar daddy.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »
Gitmo should have never opened.

Ya gotta interrogate bad guys.  Just do it without parading them around in cages

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »

Did their release lead to more terror acts in the United States? No.

There initial crimes were not committed inside the US.  So how is this statement relevant?  Oh it isn't.  NEXT!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »
::)

OK- So let me be unmistakably clear so no one is confused. You feel that Gitmo should remain open because our country has detained dangerous terrorists. Is that right 240? Call me crazy, but I could have sworn ( and I could prove my claims if I gave enough of a shit to pull your old posts) you felt Gitmo was a bad idea, it contributed to terrorism rather than prevented it and Bush was running a military dictatorship and should be tried and found guilty of war crimes. oK. While you bob and weave your way out of your own nonsense, I'm interested to see how you explain these obvious inaccuracy's.

So Bush was a war mongering torturer, but he was right?

or Bush was a brain dead right wing redneck, but he was right?

or Bush was in on the 911 attacks, but when it comes to terrorism, he's got the right idea?

Please 240, clarify my point of view. I am really at a loss of understanding when it comes to clarifying your contradictory, anti logical, nonsensical point of view. I am sure everyone else is intersted also.

x2

no disrespect 240 but i think that you're just tryin to get in those last few blows in because you know that the current democratic administration is going to shit the bed on a number of issues.  keith olbermann was doing the same thing last night.  ill tell you right now that dude is gonna spend the next four years talkin about the last 4 years.  lol.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 08:33:30 AM »

You can't try anyone who is NOT charged with anything. The detainees, as america calls them, have been held for years without a single charge or even claim against them. These men are no more then simple farmers, laborers and peasants who have been kidnapped by america and used to demonize Iraq to justify its unlawful attack on Iraq.
C

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 09:22:24 AM »
You can't try anyone who is NOT charged with anything. The detainees, as America calls them, have been held for years without a single charge or even claim against them. These men are no more then simple farmers, laborers and peasants who have been kidnapped by America and used to demonize Iraq to justify its unlawful attack on Iraq.

Hahaha, yea dude.....

Go grab your spear and go to war, have one of these camel-humpers try to kill you (and hide like a coward while doing so), and see if you give a shit that they are 'simple farmers, laborers and peasants'.... who just happen to be guerrilla fighters for an ambiguous cause

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »
Hahaha, yea dude.....

Go grab your spear and go to war, have one of these camel-humpers try to kill you (and hide like a coward while doing so), and see if you give a shit that they are 'simple farmers, laborers and peasants'.... who just happen to be guerrilla fighters for an ambiguous cause

He's just a troll ignore him. Ask him for evidence supporting is assertions tho... he will be gone like the wind the native peoples of the Americas! :D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
Actually most of the "enemy combatants" released by the US were turned over to their home countries.

Many of these guys, didn't face trial and were released even though they were supposed to.

GWB was doing what the rest of the world included the host countries wanted him to do.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0425/dailyUpdate.html

Too bad you cant trust foreign countries
Z