Author Topic: Species Nutrition - a storage facility?  (Read 15299 times)

greatlegs15

• Getbig I
Re: Species Nutrition - a storage facility?
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »
VPX, Muscletech and TWINLAB are all worth over a hundred mill.

The three of them and Gaspari are all doing amazing and worth millions - but maybe that's because these companies DO PUBLISH RESEARCH on their products!!!

body88

great post. 

Only problem is its total bullshit.  Adonis knows little to nothing about what he is talking about in regards to supplements.  There is a ton of bullshit in the supplement world, but the larger, more mainstream companies certainly put a lot of time and effort into their products. They publish research all the time.

Anyone who thinks supp's are going to give you the results of steroids, or are anything more than an edge, is a fucking idiot anyway.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
The three of them and Gaspari are all doing amazing and worth millions - but maybe that's because these companies DO PUBLISH RESEARCH on their products!!!
No they don`t.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Only problem is its total bullshit.  Adonis knows little to nothing about what he is talking about in regards to supplements.  There is a ton of bullshit in the supplement world, but the larger, more mainstream companies certainly put a lot of time and effort into their products. They publish research all the time.

Anyone who thinks supp's are going to give you the results of steroids, or are anything more than an edge, is a fucking idiot anyway.
Show me some published research that a company has conducted, preferably something peer-reviewed or in a journal of some sorts.

I will take anything though.

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »
Show me some published research that a company has conducted, preferably something peer-reviewed or in a journal of some sorts.

I will take anything though.

Don't know if this qualifies.

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007 Feb;17(1):92-108.
    Eight weeks of aromatase inhibition using the nutritional supplement Novedex XT: effects in young, eugonadal men.
    Willoughby DS, Wilborn C, Taylor L, Campbell W.

Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798-7313, USA.

This study examined the effects of an aromatase-inhibiting nutritional supplement on serum steroid hormones, body composition, and clinical safety markers. Sixteen eugonadal young men ingested either Novedex XT or a placebo daily for 8 wk, followed by a 3-wk washout period. Body composition was assessed and blood and urine samples obtained at weeks 0, 4, 8, and 11. Data were analyzed by 2-way repeated-measures ANOVA. Novedex XT resulted in average increases of 283%, 625%, 566%, and 438% for total testosterone (P=0.001), free testosterone (P=0.001), dihydrotestosterone (P=0.001), and the testosterone:estrogen ratio (P=0.001), respectively, whereas fat mass decreased 3.5% (P=0.026) during supplementation. No significant differences were observed in blood and urinary clinical safety markers or for any of the other serum hormones (P>0.05). This study indicates that Novedex XT significantly increases serum androgen levels and decreases fat mass.

PMID: 17460335

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »
Don't know if this qualifies.

That doesn`t qualify as it is not BY THE COMPANY.

The argument here is Body88 has convinced himself with no evidence that these "supplement companies" do their own in house research and publish their results in notable publications.

I have yet to find any evidence of any "supplement company" doing any kind of research with published results.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
I am sure most do not conduct their own research, certainly not Species which is just a 2 man operation.  Although they CLAIM to be formulating their own product based on Their Own research.

Met-Rx when Scott Connelly owned it is probably the only company that I can believe.  Gaspari seems to run a decent outfit as well as whatever Conte ran and Patrick Arnold.

The fly-by-nighters, Species and the like, are not researching anything.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »
I am sure most do not conduct their own research, certainly not Species which is just a 2 man operation.  Although they CLAIM to be formulating their own product based on Their Own research.

Met-Rx when Scott Connelly owned it is probably the only company that I can believe.  Gaspari seems to run a decent outfit as well as whatever Conte ran and Patrick Arnold.

True.

You've named all the ones that have done any kind of third party research. And even some of that is questionable -

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/Portals/0/NovedexXTClinicalTrial.PDF

Subject pool - 5 total. hahaha oh brother  ::)

Anyway, I'd add Muscletech to the list because I've heard from people who have actually visited their facilities. Otherwise you guys have no idea how shady some of these "manufacturing facilities" are. Supplement companies run out of garages, sharing space with pet food companies, etc.. A friend of mine worked for the FDA for awhile, the stories he'd tell me of some of these places are legendary.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »

Devon - The 1.1 million is their annual sales (as reported by the company).  As someone mentioned before, the annul sales figures that are reported by a company are different than the actual sales a lot of the time, but if you multiple the 1.1 Million by 3 you get 3.3 million...which is roughly what the company above might be worth.  Also, don't forget that a lot of these companies have many different brands under the same umbrella.  The figures above seem a little low, btw.

In regards to marketing supplements, niche marketing to serious lifters is a whole different animal than mainstream America.  Most of the time the "hardcore" and "powerful" image many of these products put forth scares off mainstream consumers (where with serious lifters it helps to make the sale).  Thats why you see a lot of the big companies making their image softer, or launching sub brands that are targeting mainstream America.  I'm not sure if it's already been done, but you will see Designer Whey involved in the biggest loser TV show soon.  I don't watch so I have no clue if its happened yet or not.

You guys have to remember, the vast majority of consumers are not as educated or as supplement savvy as we are.  I can tell you right now that the major supplement companies are not trying to scam you, they are trying to put out products that make sense and that will help to give you an edge.  There are a lot of scammers and retarded marketing plans out there, but for the most part, these companies are out to be innovative and to be profitable.  You don't make profit on a constant basis if consumers don't buy you again, period. Loyalty is a big deal!  It's not in the serious companies best interests to fuck you over....think about it.  I'm talking about the major players here.  The big boys. 

You don't value a company on its sales, you value  company on its profits.  You can have $10 million in sales but if your profits are only $500,000, your company is NOT valued at $30 million.  And there is quite few variables on the multiplier you use also when you value a company.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

Jason Stern is planning on launching a supplement company called "Phantom". I'm sure they'll do all of their research though. = X