Author Topic: high volume training vs low volume  (Read 5953 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
high volume training vs low volume
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
we got a guy on Getbig that believes it's impossible to build (our argument was chest) anybody part on High volume training.wanted to get other peoples take on this as this guy is also a mod that's delete happy with other peoples post's.so who's gotten a good build from high volume?And who's gotten one from walking into ma gym and doing under 10 sets?
DAWG

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: high volume training vs low volume
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
What's considered high volume? 20+ sets?
from incomplete data

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
both methods work, every workout method works, find what works best for you!
it is different for everybody in my opinion, people make bodybuilding so complicated.
just get in the damn gym and lift then eat some prime rib, steak and cheese cake. :P

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
This is akin to those "45acp Vs. 9mm" arguments you see on gun boards.

Lots of folks have developed good builds using either. The danger is taking either philosophy to extremes.

The best way is to incorporate both into your training.  

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:28:46 PM »
both methods work, every workout method works, find what works best for you!
it is different for everybody in my opinion, people make bodybuilding so complicated.
just get in the damn gym and lift then eat some prime rib, steak and cheese cake. :P
This is akin to those "45acp Vs. 9mm" arguments you see on gun boards.

Lots of folks have developed good builds using either. The danger is taking either philosophy to extremes.

The best way is to incorporate both into your training.  

I agree with both of you.and have said people respond different to different stimulation.theres to many factors like age,genetics,training experience,drugs or supplement being used and many more.but this guy has called people liars that have said they built a great chest from high volume.should a person with this attitude even be a mod.and be handing out training advice and deleting threads he doesn't agree with.
DAWG

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
high volume training (many sets for each bodypart along with very high intensity) is used when you want to get really cut, and low volume training(few sets and longer rest) is only for bulking up. You also have to eat like a mad man, and go as heavy as possible to get maximum gains. i will go heavy for about 4 months then go light and intense for about 2 months. I have figured out that is the best for my body type. But everyone is different so just experiment and eventually you will get it down.
J

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
high volume training (many sets for each bodypart along with very high intensity) is used when you want to get really cut, and low volume training(few sets and longer rest) is only for bulking up.

lol exactly.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
high volume training (many sets for each bodypart along with very high intensity) is used when you want to get really cut, and low volume training(few sets and longer rest) is only for bulking up. You also have to eat like a mad man, and go as heavy as possible to get maximum gains. i will go heavy for about 4 months then go light and intense for about 2 months. I have figured out that is the best for my body type. But everyone is different so just experiment and eventually you will get it down.

im pretty sure the high volume for cutting thing is a myth, any person who works out on this forum will tell u that.

for myself i find low volume and heavy to be the best for growth,

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 02:44:18 PM »
im pretty sure the high volume for cutting thing is a myth, any person who works out on this forum will tell u that.

for myself i find low volume and heavy to be the best for growth,

lol x 2

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
high volume cutting, low vol mass, not exactly true, ask Yates. same training off season or contest.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
high volume cutting, low vol mass, not exactly true, ask Yates. same training off season or contest.

Not much debate on gaining size on lower volume.

There *is* some debate on higher volume for cutting-even some HIT proponents like Viator believed in higher volume for refinement, that it was better. While Yates didn't use higher volume for refinement, he did get injured sticking with the same low volume/heavy routine while depleted precontest.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 02:48:37 PM »
atleast you can ask that question here. that chump might delete it on the Training board.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
atleast you can ask that question here. that chump might delete it on the Training board.

lol calm down kid.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
high volume.
it's impossible in squat or dead, when you put everything in 1 or 2 set to the dead.
but for dumbell raise or leg ext you can do 4/5 set.
asstropin

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
lol calm down kid.

im saying g..you are the ill board NAZI...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »

im saying g..you are the ill board NAZI...

And you have an empty life to be worrin about someone you don't even know you idiot. ;D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »
What do you fellas consider h/v or l/v? It would maybe help to get some definitions.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
And you have an empty life to be worrin about someone you don't even know you idiot. ;D

right..now i got an empty life. I just asked a MOD on the training board to post a pic to people he is giving advises to. Like a guy with no teeth givin someone dental advices...just saying..Why your punk ass get so bitchy about it...damn you like a little insecure woman.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »

right..now i got an empty life. I just asked a MOD on the training board to post a pic to people he is giving advises to. Like a guy with no teeth givin someone dental advices...just saying..Why your punk ass get so bitchy about it...damn you like a little insecure woman.

I'M IN YOUR MIND, GENIUS.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 02:57:14 PM »
I'M IN YOUR MIND, GENIUS.

Send report
User 'pumpster' has blocked your personal message.

New Message
To:    Find Members 
Bcc:    (multiple recipients: 'name1, name2') 
Subject: 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »
pumpster
Getbig V

If you're reading this you have too much free time

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: big_mal on: Today at 02:52:53 PM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: big_mal on Today at 02:51:49 PM
Right... im a LA dude. And I dont have to tell you im cool. And i dont give a shit about some NY dude checkin my swag...you see it.

think putting the ha's makes your post official...

Pumpster says
TELLING ME YOU'RE COOL PROVES YOU IS A POSER. GET IT FOOL? STICK AROUND I'LL TEACH YOUR ASS.

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
we got a guy on Getbig that believes it's impossible to build (our argument was chest) anybody part on High volume training.wanted to get other peoples take on this as this guy is also a mod that's delete happy with other peoples post's.so who's gotten a good build from high volume?And who's gotten one from walking into ma gym and doing under 10 sets?

Personally i got best results from high-volume training.

CD

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
high volume.
it's impossible in squat or dead, when you put everything in 1 or 2 set to the dead.
but for dumbell raise or leg ext you can do 4/5 set.

Arguably the best quads in the 80s were built using ultra high-volume training (Platz).

CD

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
hahah "big mal" going around telling us he's cool is priceless..if ya have to say it.. ;D
pumpster
Getbig V

« Sent to: big_mal on: Today at 02:50:15 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » Quote Reply Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: big_mal on Today at 02:47:41 PM
Dude why would you be in my head..Im insanely cool. Swaggar out of this world. My swag oozes through my pics. It aint shit for me to post a pic to shut up chumps. If you post a pic, and look good, i give props. The last thing i do is hate. But in my head..dont flatter yourself chump. Teh Mal is too cocky for that...

Pumpster says:
Listen genius, i lived in nyc for 20 years-anyone who actually has to TELL you they're cool AIN'T HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
Report To Admin

pumpster
Getbig V

« Sent to: big_mal on: Today at 02:50:58 PM » Quote Reply Remove  

Quote from: big_mal on Today at 02:47:41 PM
Dude why would you be in my head..Im insanely cool. Swaggar out of this world. My swag oozes through my pics. It aint shit for me to post a pic to shut up chumps. If you post a pic, and look good, i give props. The last thing i do is hate. But in my head..dont flatter yourself chump. Teh Mal is too cocky for that...

Your ego is a fuckin joke. Your life must be fuckin empty to be worryin about me lolololololoolool

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 03:01:17 PM »
Im insanely cool. Swaggar out of this world. My swag oozes through my pics

Anyone who goes around having to TELL others he's cool is a jackass hahahaaha