Author Topic: ufc and mike tyson  (Read 8214 times)

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
ufc and mike tyson
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »
if mike entered ufc 1 to 5 fighting bare knuckled would ufc still be here today?

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: ufc and mike tyson
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:15 AM »
here we go again....

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »
tyson got called out by the gracie family on ppv in ufc 2 i believe,the gracies also called tysons camp and manager to set up a fight with mike vs rorion or royce,tysons camp never responded.tyson had the world to lose,once royce submitted tyson and word got out that mike got beat by a skinny 175lb dude his career would have been hurting,he wouldnt be able to run around saying(im the baddest man on the planet) anymore,lol
R

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
tyson got called out by the gracie family on ppv in ufc 2 i believe,the gracies also called tysons camp and manager to set up a fight with mike vs rorion or royce,tysons camp never responded.tyson had the world to lose,once royce submitted tyson and word got out that mike got beat by a skinny 175lb dude his career would have been hurting,he wouldnt be able to run around saying(im the baddest man on the planet) anymore,lol

of course Tyson and his camp didnt respond, he was making millions upon millions at that time. who would?? if it was an MMA rules fight, the chances are the Tyson would have lost, but if it were an anything goes fight Royce would have ended up dead.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »
of course Tyson and his camp didnt respond, he was making millions upon millions at that time. who would?? if it was an MMA rules fight, the chances are the Tyson would have lost, but if it were an anything goes fight Royce would have ended up dead.

lol,i think tyson would have ended up dead,what would mike have done different if it was a street fight compared to a mma fight?bit royces ear?lol.face it,tyson aint got nothing on the gracies in a no rules fight,im sure most people on here would put thier money on royce if they fought a no rules fight
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »

Exactly, at the time Tyson was making 30 million a fight... dana white and the fertitas BOUGHT the ufc for 4 million in 1999/2000.. lol, nuff said.

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »
lol,i think tyson would have ended up dead,what would mike have done different if it was a street fight compared to a mma fight?bit royces ear?lol.face it,tyson aint got nothing on the gracies in a no rules fight,im sure most people on here would put thier money on royce if they fought a no rules fight

youre thinking from a martial arts point of view. yes Tyson could very well have bitten Royce in an anything goes fight. tell me Tyson at that time would have any hesitations on sticking his finger into Royces eye or something similar. In an anything goes fight involving two trained fighters, i would take the crazier one with more to lose. Tyson. again in an MMA match yeah Royce. but an anything goes NHB match, Tyson. would your bjj work on a 200 gorilla? hell no. you'd be done for..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 10:03:58 PM »
youre thinking from a martial arts point of view. yes Tyson could very well have bitten Royce in an anything goes fight. tell me Tyson at that time would have any hesitations on sticking his finger into Royces eye or something similar. In an anything goes fight involving two trained fighters, i would take the crazier one with more to lose. Tyson. again in an MMA match yeah Royce. but an anything goes NHB match, Tyson. would your bjj work on a 200 gorilla? hell no. you'd be done for..

the gracies grew up fighting vale tudo in brazil
for the last 85 years,for those who dont know,vale tudo means(ANYTHING GOES)bare knuckle street fighting.they took on all styles and whooped thier asses,the only reason the gracies aint as dominant no more is cause of the money they stood to make marketing thier art of gracie bjj.they couldve kept thier art secret in brazil and continued to dominate the mma world and vale tudo world.its a fact,whether its street fighting or cage fighting,you better know some ground fighting cause if you run into a trained ground fighter and he clinches you,your done.im not talking about the untrained out of shape drunks yous karate guys beat up in the bars or your college parties,im talking skilled submission wrestlers,95% of all street fights end up in a clinch and hit the ground,yous do the math.
R

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 05:06:09 AM »
the gracies grew up fighting vale tudo in brazil
for the last 85 years,for those who dont know,vale tudo means(ANYTHING GOES)bare knuckle street fighting.they took on all styles and whooped thier asses,the only reason the gracies aint as dominant no more is cause of the money they stood to make marketing thier art of gracie bjj.they couldve kept thier art secret in brazil and continued to dominate the mma world and vale tudo world.its a fact,whether its street fighting or cage fighting,you better know some ground fighting cause if you run into a trained ground fighter and he clinches you,your done.im not talking about the untrained out of shape drunks yous karate guys beat up in the bars or your college parties,im talking skilled submission wrestlers,95% of all street fights end up in a clinch and hit the ground,yous do the math.

i done think the gracies have fought someone who is willing to take a big bite of you and spit it in your face

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »
Apparently they challenged Lenny mclean too, altho i doubt it, hed have snapped them all in half

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »
Royce goes for a RNC and Tyson bites his forearm off...end of fight!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
Royce goes for a RNC and Tyson bites his forearm off...end of fight!

its funny the biting thing gets mentioned,royce got bit by a holland fighter named gerard gordeau and he bit royce,all it did was piss off royce more and when royce locked in the rear naked choke he didnt let go till he felt like it,the dude was tapping for like 6 seconds and royce just kept squeezing the life out of him.just like floyyd mayweather would get his ass beatdown against mike brown or sean sherk in a street or cage fight
R

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
its funny the biting thing gets mentioned,royce got bit by a holland fighter named gerard gordeau and he bit royce,all it did was piss off royce more and when royce locked in the rear naked choke he didnt let go till he felt like it,the dude was tapping for like 6 seconds and royce just kept squeezing the life out of him.just like floyyd mayweather would get his ass beatdown against mike brown or sean sherk in a street or cage fight

i thought it was funny how Royce got completely dominated by Matt Hughes, just embarrassed.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 05:36:08 AM »
i thought it was funny how Royce got completely dominated by Matt Hughes, just embarrassed.

then hughes gets totally dominated by gsp,then gsp gets dominated by serra.thats the way this mma thing goes,who would of ever guessed hughes would get dominated.royce is a legend,if it wasnt for the gracies hughes would still be shoveling cow shit full time on the farm trying to make ends meet
R

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »
if it wasnt for the gracies hughes would still be shoveling cow shit full time on the farm trying to make ends meet

LOL! yeah and Royce gets totally raped by a "shoveling cow shit guy"
and if it werent for Matt Hughes, Royce would still think he was the man, way to rationalize Royce getting totally man handled. poor guy never knew what hit him, what happened to the great Gracie BJJ? at least Royce learned his lesson, havent seen him in the UFC since. I guess its a little different than 1992 when they hand picked his opponents.

louns

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
For one thing, Royce Gracie is 42 or 43 years old,  and he was/is  far from the best Gracie.
UFC is no longer the old one art vs. another that it was when Royce dominated.  Now it is MIXED
martial arts, and Royce perhaps didn't emphasize the mixed part enough.  Willie Mays didn't look so great with the Mets
but that doesn't make you forget his glory days.    Go Serra!

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »
For one thing, Royce Gracie is 42 or 43 years old,  and he was/is  far from the best Gracie.
UFC is no longer the old one art vs. another that it was when Royce dominated.  Now it is MIXED
martial arts, and Royce perhaps didn't emphasize the mixed part enough.  Willie Mays didn't look so great with the Mets

I wasnt nearly alive then but i think Namath in a Rams uni and Unitas in a Charger uni is also very sad.
  I really could careless about guys fighting..sorry

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »

very good points bro
R

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 11:25:14 PM »
They chose Royce to compete in the first UFC events because he wasn't the biggest or the most experienced.  The Gracies felt that would have been uneven and not the way to prove GJJ was the best.  They wanted to show that it didn't matter how big you were or strong.  What they wanted to prove was that GJJ would be superior to any other MA and that size didn't matter.  If Rickson went out there people would have said how strong he was and how experienced he was and how many fights he already has and that he was so superior.  A smaller, skinnier very young Royce kicked everyone's ass and it made the Gracie name and art world famous.  And whoever said Hughes and even BJ and others would be doing something alot different today without oyce and the Gracies.  Hughes killed a worn out much older man in Royce.  Big deal

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »

who said he was the best Gracie? Royce is about 7 years older than Matt. that age difference is not uncommon in MAA or any sport for that matter. Royce failed to realize that; the sport of MMA past him by and IMO the Gracie's theory that bjj alone was enough. and he paid for his mistake by getting totally dismantled, his bjj was useless. If Royce had been 10 years younger the outcome would have been the same had he had the same pompous game plan.
  what Royce tried to do in the early UFC, which was
to show that it didn't matter how big you were or strong.  What they wanted to prove was that GJJ would be superior to any other MA and that size didn't matter. 
turned out to be wrong, size, speed and strength does matter and bjj is indeed not enough. evolution of the sport not age kicked him in the ass hard.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »
  who said he was the best Gracie? Royce is about 7 years older than Matt. that age difference is not uncommon in MAA or any sport for that matter. Royce failed to realize that; the sport of MMA past him by and IMO the Gracie's theory that bjj alone was enough. and he paid for his mistake by getting totally dismantled, his bjj was useless. If Royce had been 10 years younger the outcome would have been the same had he had the same pompous game plan.
  what Royce tried to do in the early UFC, which was turned out to be wrong, size, speed and strength does matter and bjj is indeed not enough. evolution of the sport not age kicked him in the ass hard.

you just dont get it do you?without bjj guys like hughes,gsp,anderson,sherk ect would get thier asses kicked in the cage,ask any fighter whether hes pro or amature and ask him if its possible to be a successful mma fighter without learning ground submissions and submission defense.the gracies where just making it clear back in the earlier ufc,s that you aint gonna win unless you learn submissions and submission defense.the gracies beat all the karate,tae kwon do,boxers ect,all the gracies did was take them down and it was over.put it this way,if mat hughes didnt break his ass training years of bjj with jeremy horn royce would have done what dennis hallman did to him his first few fights,choked mat out in 10 seconds or less.the gracies let the world in on thier art cause of the money,if they didnt the brazilian bjj guys would still be kickin everyones ass
R

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
you just dont get it do you?without bjj guys like hughes,gsp,anderson,sherk ect would get thier asses kicked in the cage,ask any fighter whether hes pro or amature and ask him if its possible to be a successful mma fighter without learning ground submissions and submission defense.the gracies where just making it clear back in the earlier ufc,s that you aint gonna win unless you learn submissions and submission defense.the gracies beat all the karate,tae kwon do,boxers ect,all the gracies did was take them down and it was over.put it this way,if mat hughes didnt break his ass training years of bjj with jeremy horn royce would have done what dennis hallman did to him his first few fights,choked mat out in 10 seconds or less.the gracies let the world in on thier art cause of the money,if they didnt the brazilian bjj guys would still be kickin everyones ass

LOL! your denial is so expected Mr. "gracie bbj"  ::)! and predictable ;D funny  hmm so let me get this straight, Royce who had been training in the "ultimate ::)" MA his entire life, gets raped by hughes who had 1/5 the experience in bjj! er buddy that speaks volumes. thats not even the best part! you say matt used bjj to be successful? so he then used it to beat roycie? talk about irony huh? matt studied bjj it in 1/5 the time roycie did and use it to rape him. royce spends his entire life practicing bjj only to get trashed by some red neck who studied it for a 1/5 of the time.. then a few fights later Matt gets pounded by other fighters! i can only imagine what would have happened to roycie! mr "gracie bbj"

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 11:07:59 PM »
LOL! your denial is so expected Mr. "gracie bbj"  ::)! and predictable ;D funny  hmm so let me get this straight, Royce who had been training in the "ultimate ::)" MA his entire life, gets raped by hughes who had 1/5 the experience in bjj! er buddy that speaks volumes. thats not even the best part! you say matt used bjj to be successful? so he then used it to beat roycie? talk about irony huh? matt studied bjj it in 1/5 the time roycie did and use it to rape him. royce spends his entire life practicing bjj only to get trashed by some red neck who studied it for a 1/5 of the time.. then a few fights later Matt gets pounded by other fighters! i can only imagine what would have happened to roycie! mr "gracie bbj"

you do realize that fighter A thing beats fighter B thing doesnt carry any weight.example,wanderlie beats rampage down and ko,s him in pride awhile back.then wanderlie fights arona and losses,then rampage who got mauled by wanderlie fights arona who just beat wanderlie gets ko,d by rampage.i can give you plenty of other examples if you need them.as far as royce getting beat by a guy who prolly trained a fraction of what royce did in bjj,but look at bj penn,bj earned his blackbelt in 3 years starting with ralph gracie then bj earned his black belt under black belt andre pedinnerras.it takes most guys 8 to 12 plus years to get a legit bjj black belt.bj went to brazil and dominated guys who been training way longer then him and was the only non brazilian ever to win the championships.matt hughes may be like that,quick learner and we all know matts wrestling is better by far.when i trained at the gracie academy id see some guys excel and get a blue belt in 11 months and others like me who needed 2 and a half years just to get a blue belt,then again im not a very fast learner iether
R

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 12:19:33 AM »

Not sure if I am right cause I am azy but back when the Gracies started the UFC didn't they fight 2 or 3 or 4 fights in one night.  I can't remember.  How do you think someone like Hughes or others of today could have done back then.  You look at the guys today and most of them after just one fight are so tired.  Also, back then the original concept was to make it as close to s street fight as possible.  They had to have some rules put in like the biting, eye gouging, kick in the balls.  GJJ is perfect for that kind of fighting.  It wasn't until the Gracies gave it up (the UFC) that so many more rules were added and they affected the way GJJ could be used effectively.