Author Topic: What do you ladies think of this song??  (Read 5089 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
What do you ladies think of this song??
« on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
heard it the other day and thought it was kinda cool, oldie. :D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
Re: What do you ladies think of this song??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »
A little too "dated" for my tastes...
Just Bad Bad Blood!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »
A little too "dated" for my tastes...
listen to the lyrics.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
listen to the lyrics.

The premise of the lyrics are a little dated as well.  :)
But I am a cynic when it comes to "True Love"

It seems to me that he is giving power to the woman here, or do you disagree?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
haha dave you do know how to embed youtubes. what movie is this from? rings a bell

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

i agree but that's the problem with people today, we're so gaurded with our emotions that we can't just let go and tell people how we really feel.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »
haha dave you do know how to embed youtubes. what movie is this from? rings a bell
did you ever see The Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel?

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
that's it!!! crazy abel ferrara movie.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »
i agree but that's the problem with people today, we're so gaurded with our emotions that we can't just let go and tell people how we really feel.

LMAO!  Tell how us you feel QuakerOats?   ;D

I think that song is great if you're in the right mood.  I love all music from every genre.  There was something much more innocent, pure, and simple about love and relationships back then.  Songs like that remind me of a bygone era unfortunately.  I mean contrast that with all the popular music on the radio where everything is usually about glitzy, flashy sex and drugs. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »

I think that song is great if you're in the right mood.  I love all music from every genre.  There was something much more innocent, pure, and simple about love and relationships back then.  Songs like that remind me of a bygone era unfortunately.  I mean contrast that with all the popular music on the radio where everything is usually about glitzy, flashy sex and drugs. 
agree with you a million percent.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 09:42:28 PM »
  There was something much more innocent, pure, and simple about love and relationships back then.

It was much more simple because women had very little freedom and the dominance of men was firmly established in all levels of society. Men were the strong, rational providers and women were the weaker, fairer sex, prone to irrationality and belonged in the home.
 So, yes, love and relationships were far simpler as women had very little choice back then. They got married and looked after the home, that was pretty much all that was on.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:20:48 AM »
R

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »

you're also a stripper. Strippers see men at the worst, when we have no supervision and when we think nobody is looking.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 07:07:01 PM »
this is more my mood these days

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »
Original sin is a stripper?

here's a good song to dance to ;D  very predatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIyOUWPIXEs

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
this is more my mood these days

Without doubt the best AIC track ever..

This is one of my favorite love songs..sums up what it's like to be in love, for me

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
Without doubt the best AIC track ever..

This is one of my favorite love songs..sums up what it's like to be in love, for me

That song is great. got a nice garage-ey vibe to it.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 01:40:29 PM »
Original sin is a stripper?

here's a good song to dance to ;D  very predatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIyOUWPIXEs

Rumor has it that is the story...
It may or may not be not untrue though...  ;D

Cool song... My Fav Perfect Circle song.

Just Bad Bad Blood!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »

I disagree with that.
This video made me cry the first time I saw it and it still makes me teary eyed even today.

Just Bad Bad Blood!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 07:57:35 PM »

Johnny Ace...."Pledging My Love"

Recorded way back in the early 50's I believe, I want to say on the Peacock Record label.
Johnny hit big with this song back then and was a fast rising star.
But like many upcoming guys back then, he was living life in the fast lane. To him, having a hit record was just the fast track to getting a nice suit and a Cadillac!
Young Johnny was stupid one night, and decided to play a game of Russian Roulette. He lost!
Rumors are abound about the story, some say Big Mama Thornton- then having a big hit with "Hound Dog" (yes, the same song Elvis Presley sand on The Milton Berle show) felt she wasn't being as well promoted or had the same push behind her than Johnny Ace was getting with his new hit. So she shot him and left Don Robey (owner of Duke/Peacock Records) to clean up the mess and deal with the aftermath.
Another rumor is that Johnny was shot by Robey himself, over some type of debt, that maybe Robey had given Johnny an advance and Mr. Ace did not pay it back, so he was shot.

(Man, this was culled from the depths. I haven't thought about his stuff in a long time. But I literally breathed this kind of stuff while everyone else was listening to Kurt Cobain and the Seattle grunge scene).

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »
Johnny Ace...."Pledging My Love"

Recorded way back in the early 50's I believe, I want to say on the Peacock Record label.
Johnny hit big with this song back then and was a fast rising star.
But like many upcoming guys back then, he was living life in the fast lane. To him, having a hit record was just the fast track to getting a nice suit and a Cadillac!
Young Johnny was stupid one night, and decided to play a game of Russian Roulette. He lost!
Rumors are abound about the story, some say Big Mama Thornton- then having a big hit with "Hound Dog" (yes, the same song Elvis Presley sand on The Milton Berle show) felt she wasn't being as well promoted or had the same push behind her than Johnny Ace was getting with his new hit. So she shot him and left Don Robey (owner of Duke/Peacock Records) to clean up the mess and deal with the aftermath.
Another rumor is that Johnny was shot by Robey himself, over some type of debt, that maybe Robey had given Johnny an advance and Mr. Ace did not pay it back, so he was shot.

(Man, this was culled from the depths. I haven't thought about his stuff in a long time. But I literally breathed this kind of stuff while everyone else was listening to Kurt Cobain and the Seattle grunge scene).

I never heard any of that EVER.  Most interesting,
But you could fill a library of tradegy stories about Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love.

Whom I would love to spend a night with btw.  (Courtney for the curious) she intrigues me like few do.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »
I never heard any of that EVER.  Most interesting,
But you could fill a library of tradegy stories about Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love.

Whom I would love to spend a night with btw.  (Courtney for the curious) she intrigues me like few do.

When stimulated correctly (not in a horn dog way!), I can pull up a ton of "useless" trivia about old R&B songs, artists and such.
I was the odd man out in high school. While most kids in Marin were driving BMW's and new cars, I had (still do) have a 67 fastback Mustang. They dressed in Abercrombie and Fitch, while I wore 501's and had an 8" pompadour.
They listened to the grunge scene, or P Diddy (whatever name he went by at the time), or the latest trends. I was busy trying to be Jimmie Vaughan, live the life of a blues artist, and was a touring musician. I gave up many good paying jobs in order to learn that kind of stuff, in order to "follow my dream." I finally gave up, but still love listening to this stuff and finding out more about odd insidious side of the blues world.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »
When stimulated correctly (not in a horn dog way!), I can pull up a ton of "useless" trivia about old R&B songs, artists and such.
I was the odd man out in high school. While most kids in Marin were driving BMW's and new cars, I had (still do) have a 67 fastback Mustang. They dressed in Abercrombie and Fitch, while I wore 501's and had an 8" pompadour.
They listened to the grunge scene, or P Diddy (whatever name he went by at the time), or the latest trends. I was busy trying to be Jimmie Vaughan, live the life of a blues artist, and was a touring musician. I gave up many good paying jobs in order to learn that kind of stuff, in order to "follow my dream." I finally gave up, but still love listening to this stuff and finding out more about odd insidious side of the blues world.

Any suggestions of Blues guitar?

I love this music but know so little.  Stevie Ray Vaughn of course but not much else.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »

I love this music but know so little.  Stevie Ray Vaughn of course but not much else.

Well, Stevie is a great jumping off point. He did a few songs, and since his death and release of numerous earlier recordings, you can hear him cover a lot of songs done by his heroes, which he would turn anyone willing to listen onto in a heartbeat over buying his records.
But it's hard to say exactly what you would like for blues. Stevie was more of a modernist when it came to blues. He had no problem infusing Hendrix in with playing Albert King, or Albert Collins.
SRV's biggest hero, was his brother Jimmie Vaughan, who played phenomenal guitar on the first 4 Fabulous Thunderbirds albums. "Girls Go Wild" aka the self titled debut, "What's The Word," "Butt Rockin'" and "T-Bird Rhythm." Later stuff is great too, but again, all depends on how old you're looking for.
I could tell you to listen to Muddy Waters "Folk Singer" album, Buddy Guy's "A Man And The Blues" or Ike Turner's "Kings Of Rhythm" albums all day long. But if you compare those titles strictly against SRV's, you probably won't like them due to how tame they come off.
How about this, you tell me what blues songs you like- SRV's or not- and I can recommend something else by someone that you may like and just might cause you to delve a bit deeper into the trenches?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »

i remember my brother playing this in his room when i was younger...i never really got into blues so i dont know much however this is a great song

LOL ppl call in to this morning show to get it played when they get pissed at work.