Author Topic: Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment  (Read 1062 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:35 AM »
What a clusterfuck.

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said the Obama administration asked him to insert a provision in last month’s $787 billion economic- stimulus legislation that had the effect of authorizing American International Group Inc.’s bonuses.

Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, said yesterday he agreed to modify restrictions on executive pay at companies receiving taxpayer assistance to exempt bonuses already agreed upon in contracts. He said he did so without realizing the change would benefit AIG, whose recent $165 million payment to employees has sparked a public furor.

Dodd said he had wanted to limit executive compensation at companies that got money from the government’s financial-rescue fund. AIG has received $173 billion in bailout money. His provision was changed as the stimulus legislation was negotiated between the House and Senate.

“I did not want to make any changes to my original Senate- passed amendment” to the stimulus bill, “but I did so at the request of administration officials, who gave us no indication that this was in any way related to AIG,” Dodd said in a statement released last night. “Let me be clear -- I was completely unaware of these AIG bonuses until I learned of them last week.” He didn’t name the administration officials who made the request

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...y2vDs&refer=us

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
What a clusterfuck.

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said the Obama administration asked him to insert a provision in last month’s $787 billion economic- stimulus legislation that had the effect of authorizing American International Group Inc.’s bonuses.

Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, said yesterday he agreed to modify restrictions on executive pay at companies receiving taxpayer assistance to exempt bonuses already agreed upon in contracts. He said he did so without realizing the change would benefit AIG, whose recent $165 million payment to employees has sparked a public furor.

Dodd said he had wanted to limit executive compensation at companies that got money from the government’s financial-rescue fund. AIG has received $173 billion in bailout money. His provision was changed as the stimulus legislation was negotiated between the House and Senate.

“I did not want to make any changes to my original Senate- passed amendment” to the stimulus bill, “but I did so at the request of administration officials, who gave us no indication that this was in any way related to AIG,” Dodd said in a statement released last night. “Let me be clear -- I was completely unaware of these AIG bonuses until I learned of them last week.” He didn’t name the administration officials who made the request

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...y2vDs&refer=us

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
CRICKETS

in all honesty i see this as backlash from the negative feedback theyve got about the spending bill...he is simply trying to save his seat, thats not to say this isnt fuking outrageous.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
CRICKETS

in all honesty i see this as backlash from the negative feedback theyve got about the spending bill...he is simply trying to save his seat, thats not to say this isnt fuking outrageous.

Wait till ZERO pushes amnesty for illegals like he said in his speech. 

What a disaster.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »
Wait till ZERO pushes amnesty for illegals like he said in his speech. 

What a disaster.
what a disaster indeed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »
what a disaster indeed

His defense of amensty last night was disgusting. 

I hope Obama Fails.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 10:15:07 AM »
what a disaster indeed

And all to get them into dirty,filthy unions,so he can get more money for dems.The guy is a real piece of crap.Hed sell out the nation for another dollar of campaign finance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
And all to get them into dirty,filthy unions,so he can get more money for dems.The guy is a real piece of crap.Hed sell out the nation for another dollar of campaign finance.

I am going to go all out on the protest stuff on my own soon and bring a few friends along.  Enough is enough.

I am not hoping Obama fails, i am going to do everything I can, legally and peacably, to make sure he fails.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
His defense of amensty last night was disgusting. 

I hope Obama Fails.

So, if I break the law, I don't have to go to Jail? Oh, wait, I'm a legal citizen, it doesn't work that way for us.

If amnesty goes thru, two things may happen. They will get full citizenship, but will fill up the jails, because they are now subject o our laws, and ignorance of the law will no longer be tolorated.

Or, due to our History a Civil War may brew, because the whole Spanish issue. There will be states that will have more Latinos, and they will do away with English, spanish will be spoken more, and then there will be states, like Arizona, N. Mexico, Texas, that may want to Succeed from the Union...Ohhh, kinda wanting to see how this will play out! The ingredients are all in place, the oven is hot, all we need is the baker and time.... 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »
I think Obama wants a marxist revolution to occur. 

Amensty for illegals is a terrible idea.

On almost every issue I can imagine, Obama does the opposite of what common sense would dictate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
did they detemine who REMOVED the bailout bonus prevention from the deal?

supposedly, msnbc said it was IN the wording when congress approved it!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 10:39:26 AM »

Dodd said that he did it at the behest of the WH and Treasury.

Obama is lying through his teeth on this and doing his usual three card monte game. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »

dodd is saying the staff level ppl from i believe the treasury sec. said to such and such to allow the bonuses...you mean when everybody was yelling for time to read the bill? you mean when the dems forced it through?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »
hahaha if dodd's pointing fingers and Evan Buyh is working to be the 2016 Anti-borrowing-Dem, in case Obama loses in 2012 or even if he doesn't....

it's gonna come out who worded it that way.  should be hilarious.  someone will leak it.  finally something fun to watch in terms of politics!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
hahaha if dodd's pointing fingers and Evan Buyh is working to be the 2016 Anti-borrowing-Dem, in case Obama loses in 2012 or even if he doesn't....

it's gonna come out who worded it that way.  should be hilarious.  someone will leak it.  finally something fun to watch in terms of politics!

I am telling you, there is a growing disgust with Obama from normal everyday Americans.

I almost threw a person out of my office this morning who was trying to tell me that Obama is doing the right thing by america and getting back at white people by forcing amnstey and welfare down everyones' throat. 

Any more fo this garbage from ZERO, and my "Dont Tread on Me" Flag is going up at the office HQ.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

It should, but I'm not sure it will.

It would be nice, however, if the press did starting acting like the watchdogs instead of the lapdogs.

Give us one Time/Newsweek cover questioning him.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »
I am telling you, there is a growing disgust with Obama from normal everyday Americans.

I almost threw a person out of my office this morning who was trying to tell me that Obama is doing the right thing by america and getting back at white people by forcing amnstey and welfare down everyones' throat. 

Any more fo this garbage from ZERO, and my "Dont Tread on Me" Flag is going up at the office HQ.
this is exactly why i dont talk politics in real life with ppl i dont know.

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »
These are the things that happen when you vote for someone who has absoluely NO experiance what so ever. This administration is TOTALLY winging it.
And for the people who got suckered into voting for him.....we told you so!

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »

Obama's speech yesterday in Costa Mesa was a real turn off.  Why is he out giving campaign speeches?  He already won the election.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:18 AM »
Obama's speech yesterday in Costa Mesa was a real turn off.  Why is he out giving campaign speeches?  He already won the election.

This amnesty thing is really disgusting.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
Dude, don't call Crickets within a few hours of something being posted ::)  You've done that a few times now.  retarded.
LOL bro 240, busted and many lefties do it as well, perfect example of your biased moderating...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
kiss my ass, I wasn't telling you not to as a rule of the forum, I was bitching as a participant. There's no rule against you doing it. I haven't seen many post crickets unless they do it in the first post knowing there will be no replies.  It's silly to come right after it's posted and call crickets lol.
well then as a participant STFU i posted that about an hour and a half after the original posting and nobody had posted on it yet  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
There's nothing like reading a thread for the first time and seeing that you've rushed in with a crickets post. ::)  gee, you waited an hour and a half, epic...  You must have checked it a dozen times in anticipation of a reply by that time only to be let down lol... epic anxiety issues. ;D
well seeing as only 3 liberals on this entire board have posted on this I think even if you think it was premature it was accurate so let me say it again

CRICKETS  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 03:14:32 PM »
::)  You're a demanding little shit arn't you...
nope simply no patience for ignorance.