Author Topic: WV's Strongest Man  (Read 3887 times)

The Wall

• Getbig II
WV's Strongest Man
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »
Gettin ready to compete in West Virginias strongest man on April 18th...gotta lose 20lbs to make weight in the 231 class...wish me luck guys, i dunno why but it always makes me sad to start watching that scale drift back  :-[

ill be sure to videotape as much of it as i can and post it up for your entertainment, i know one year i tried to "run" with the farmers walk and totally bit the dust and fell head over heels into the crowd, humiliation galore lol

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: WV's Strongest Man
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:29:32 AM »
Good luck man

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:26:39 AM »
Statistically speaking West Virginia is the weakest state in the nation, even much weaker than Puerto Rico, should be a cake walk.
E

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »
Statistically speaking West Virginia is the weakest state in the nation, even much weaker than Puerto Rico, should be a cake walk.
;D

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:11:17 AM »
lol your probably right but im not very strong to begin with so it will be a challenge anyway 8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »
Isnt Pfister from WV? ;D

Good luck with the weight loss and contest! You should post how you change your eating habbits and training during such a cycle.

I feel your pain on the scale, lol. If I see my weight go under a certain amount I feel like a little girl!

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
yeah Phil lives in charleston...has a real nice training facility down there, a few of my friends have had the pleasure of going down for the day.  Cant say that i have but ive met him a few times and hes always been pretty down to earth as most of those fellas are.

really all im doing to lose the weight is cutting out all the junk and simple sugars and reducing calories from 6000 to 4000-then to 3000

i hate losing some of that strength but it gives me a goal to work at, if i can get back my current strength at a lower bodyweight i consider that a huge accomplishment.

training is gonna have to take a hit...i take a month and pretty much only do events...im more than "strong" enough to handle the events just need to work on my implement effiecency...most noteably farmers walk...my grip is pretty decent but my walking speed is somewhat slow...ive never been much of a runner lol cuz nobody ever chases me  :P

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
For foot speed a lot of pros will go back to running a ladder.

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:16:34 PM »
thx for the advice...probably give that a shot

i am seriously missing my junk food already...i dunno what they put in snickers bars that increase my squats and deadlifts but im telling you there is a direct correlation bt the two...or at least i tell myself that there is ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »
thx for the advice...probably give that a shot

i am seriously missing my junk food already...i dunno what they put in snickers bars that increase my squats and deadlifts but im telling you there is a direct correlation bt the two...or at least i tell myself that there is ;D

I used to think the same thing about beer !

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 06:36:01 AM »

I used to think the same thing about beer !

Epic Binge drinking b4 your workouts  ;D

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 06:38:11 AM »
on a quick note anyone ever done DL's from the knee in competition b4...thats one of the events for max weight...3 attempts (straps allowed)

not exactly sure what i should be aiming for how to go about that one either

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »
If the DL is on tires (most likely) try to get some bounce from it before you pull. Just gives a little momentum.

Never seen it listed as "from the knees" but have done 18" DL. Not much of a difference for me if its still below the knee.