Author Topic: New tattoo  (Read 1609 times)

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
New tattoo
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:03:13 PM »
I've been reading these boards for about 6 years but rarely ever post. I just have a question now that i got a tattoo on my inner bicep. Does anyone know if its ok to lift while its still healing? Thanks for any help.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: New tattoo
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:18:36 AM »
I've been reading these boards for about 6 years but rarely ever post. I just have a question now that i got a tattoo on my inner bicep. Does anyone know if its ok to lift while its still healing? Thanks for any help.

Not cool to troll the training board.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »

I have a tattoo in the same place. Wait a week then it should be fine.
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:44 AM »
I went to the gym a couple of hours after I got my last one,  just go home and shower right afterwards and you'll be fine. 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
I went to the gym a couple of hours after I got my last one,  just go home and shower right afterwards and you'll be fine. 

But you are meant to let the tattoo heal and scab over a bit. Training could rub and irritate the tattoo and would be the same as picking at the scab which can affect how it will look. Also training will make you sweat, which isn't good when the tattoo is new.
No doubt about it...

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
It will be a week before it starts to scab, you do have to be careful then, but for the most part It will be fine, just don't let it dry out. use what the artist gave you for it.  I have 41 tattoos and never missed a training session.
Masters- 50-54
148#

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
Can't show them all. lol

Masters- 50-54
148#

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
Don't train, it will stretch the tattoo while it heals and could actually create scar tissue that looks like stretch marks in your tat. Just wait until it's healed completely, 7-10 days.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
Not if you keep a thin layer of A&D on it.
Masters- 50-54
148#

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »
Not if you keep a thin layer of A&D on it.
A&D sucks out the ink and will cause fading and uneven coloring. It's designed to fight infection, the ink becomes the infection, don't use it. Just use regular hand lotion, without alcohol in it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »
Never has on any of mine. I think people use to much of it. Only need a VERY thin layer, just to keep it from drying out. Of course even in the tattoo world I have even seen artists debate this LOL

Initial healing of a tattoo is about 5 to 10 days, complete healing of a tattoo is around 45 days
Masters- 50-54
148#

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 05:54:49 PM »
Never has on any of mine. I think people use to much of it. Only need a VERY thin layer, just to keep it from drying out.

Initial healing of a tattoo is about 5 to 10 days, complete healing of a tattoo is around 45 days
Never used it, only stuck with hand lotion, once it peels completely a person can usually resume their workouts, I have seen someone's tattoo on their bicep look absolutely like shit because they worked out while it was healing, looked like fucked up stretch marks all around the bottom. :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
Never used it, only stuck with hand lotion, once it peels completely a person can usually resume their workouts, I have seen someone's tattoo on their bicep look absolutely like shit because they worked out while it was healing, looked like fucked up stretch marks all around the bottom. :-X

I never had a problem w/ A&D however I had major problems with bleeding near my shoulder cap because of how much I was working out. That's what I was told but who knows.
$

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »
I never had a problem w/ A&D however I had major problems with bleeding near my shoulder cap because of how much I was working out. That's what I was told but who knows.
You workout ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
You workout ???

This was 10 years ago. When I was a beast over at Bally's HOLLA!
$

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »

I've seen someone with a tattoo on their bicep that looked like shit too, well...because they had a tattoo on their bicep.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »
I've seen someone with a tattoo on their bicep that looked like shit too, well...because they had a tattoo on their bicep.

hahahaha good point.
$

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »

ha ha epic arm band winding into a tapout tattoo on your 11" pythons

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
i would wait a couple weeks troll.
A