Author Topic: Criminalize Organic Farming? EXCUSE ME?! BILLS: HR 875 and S 425  (Read 6140 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Criminalize Organic Farming? EXCUSE ME?! BILLS: HR 875 and S 425
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:03:31 AM »
I have a lot of info I want to post on this.

First the sponsors of this.  I don't think democrats will ever win another election if this shit becomes law.  Organic and small farming, farmers markets etc are a huge deal to the left.  We've spent years fighting companies like Monsanto.  This is to the left what guns are to the right.  They'll shoot themselves in the face by passing this.

The Sponsors:

Introduced by: Rep. Rosa DeLauro [D-CT] HER HUSBAND WORKS FOR MONSANTO
Cosponsors [as of 2009-03-07]
Rep. Timothy Ryan [D-OH]
Rep. Gwen Moore [D-WI]
Rep. Fortney Stark [D-CA]
Rep. Bob Filner [D-CA]
Rep. Timothy Bishop [D-NY]
Rep. André Carson [D-IN]
Rep. Joe Courtney [D-CT]
Rep. Jerrold Nadler [D-NY]
Rep. Mark Schauer [D-MI]
Rep. James McGovern [D-MA]
Rep. John Tierney [D-MA]
Rep. Betty McCollum [D-MN]
Rep. Raul Grijalva [D-AZ]
Rep. Barbara Lee [D-CA]
Rep. Chellie Pingree [D-ME]
Rep. John Hall [D-NY]
Rep. Maurice Hinchey [D-NY]
Rep. Louise Slaughter [D-NY]
Rep. Eliot Engel [D-NY]
Rep. Nita Lowey [D-NY]
Rep. Janice Schakowsky [D-IL]
Del. Eleanor Norton [D-DC]
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz [D-FL]
Rep. Robert Wexler [D-FL]
Rep. Sam Farr [D-CA]
Rep. Marcy Kaptur [D-OH]
Rep. Kathy Castor [D-FL]
Rep. Mazie Hirono [D-HI]
Rep. Betty Sutton [D-OH]
Rep. Anna Eshoo [D-CA]
Rep. Eddie Johnson [D-TX]
Rep. Diana DeGette [D-CO]
Rep. Shelley Berkley [D-NV]
Rep. Linda Sánchez [D-CA]
Rep. James McDermott [D-WA]
Rep. Christopher Murphy [D-CT]
Rep. Sanford Bishop [D-GA]
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords [D-AZ]
Rep. Peter DeFazio [D-OR]

"Congressional Bill HR 875 was introduced by Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto. The bill is essentially a giant gift package for Monsanto, mandating the criminalization of seed banking, prison terms and confiscatory fines for small farmers and 24 hour GPS tracking of their animals, and of "industrial" standards to independent farms.

The corporations want nothing less than full control of the land, the end of normal animals so they can substitute patented genetically engineered ones, and the end of normal seeds and thus of seed banking by farmers or individuals.

And now Monsanto wants its own employee, Michael Taylor (the man who forced genetically engineered rBGH on the country when the Clintons placed him over "food safety" in the 90’s) back in government, this time to act with massive police power as a "food safety tsar".  HR 875 would give him immense power over what is done on every single farm in the country and massive police state power to wield over farmers.

Rosa DeLauro and Stanley Greenburg have a great deal to account for in attempting to force through a mislabeled “food safety” bill with hidden intent to wipe out farmers and harm everyone."

To get an idea of just how evil Monsanto can be, take a look at the documentry I posted, The future of Food http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=269009.0

Look at the recent massive jump in $ spent lobbying by Monsanto:
http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?lname=Monsanto+Co&year=2008

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
I don't understand?  How will they sell this to the rest of Congress as a good idea?

Fucking unreal...
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 05:34:58 AM »
I don't understand?  How will they sell this to the rest of Congress as a good idea?

Fucking unreal...
this is how:

Look at the recent massive jump in $ spent lobbying by Monsanto:
http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?lname=Monsanto+Co&year=2008

Once these guys are done lobbying for Monsanto, the company will use the first opportunity they have to call in favors with Politicians they've bought through financial contributions to put lobbyists in key posts.  This happened back in 05

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/agpost011105.cfm
Saxby Chambliss appointed her and of course has received financial contributions from Monsanto and massive contributions from similar business.

and like this: http://www.mindfully.org/GE/Monsanto-Lobbyist-Consumer-Advocate.htm
and like this: http://www.purefood.org/Monsanto/breeding.cfm

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:27 AM »
also remember they had no problem buying Bill Clinton's loyalty and they have Hillary's too.

What did Bill do?

1. Bill’s put Monsanto people in at the FDA, as US Agricultural Trade Representatives, on International Biotechnology Consultive Forums, and more … (http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/072600-03.htm) or http://www.monitor.net/monitor/9904b/monsantofda.html or http://www.mindfully.org/GE/Revolving-Door.htm

2. Bill’s FDA gave Monsanto permission to market rBGH (a GE bovine growth hormone), the first genetically engineered product let loose on us (or did tomatoes with fish DNA get there first?).

3. Despite reports of bovine illness and death, Bill’s FDA did not recall it or put warnings on it. Even “a very angry, very vocal nationwide consumer base” had no impact.

4. Bill’s FDA wouldn’t even label rBGH as “present” in milk.

5. When dairy farmers tried to label their own milk rBGH-free so the public could choose [more on rBGH and labelling here], Bill’s USDA threatened all dairies that their products could be confiscated from stores. Michael Taylor, USFDA Deputy Commissioner, was formerly Monsanto’s counsel.

6. How were consumers to protect their family, given Bill’s FDA enforced public blindness, except to buy only organic? But Bill’s FDA tried to close off that last escape, proposing to include in “organic” standards, “the dirty three” a: genetic engineering of plants and animals, use of irradiation in food processing and use of municipal sewage sludge as a fertilizer. The FDA backed down.

http://pittsburgh.indymedia.org/news/2008/03/29083.php

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:49:11 AM »
 :o

Speechless

S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:05:54 AM »
:o

Speechless

and this:

Thursday, December 18. 2008
Obama Chooses Monsanto Buddy, Tom Vilsack, for Secretary of Agriculture

Obama praised Vilsack for being someone who would bring a “new kind of leadership to Washington.”

What kind of "New leadership" is he bringing to Washington?  Let's look at what he's done for Monsanto.

* Former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack's support of genetically engineered pharmaceutical crops, especially pharmaceutical corn:
http://www.gene.ch/genet/2002/Oct/msg00057.html
http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/drugsincorn102302.cfm

* The biggest biotechnology industry group, the Biotechnology Industry Organization, named Vilsack Governor of the Year. He was also the founder and former chair of the Governor's Biotechnology Partnership.
http://www.bio.org/news/pressreleases/newsitem.asp?id=200...

* When Vilsack created the Iowa Values Fund, his first poster child of economic development potential was Trans Ova and their pursuit of cloning dairy cows.

* Vilsack was the origin of the seed pre-emption bill in 2005, which many people here in Iowa fought because it took away local government's possibility of ever having a regulation on seeds- where GE would be grown, having GE-free buffers, banning pharma corn locally, etc. Representative Sandy Greiner, the Republican sponsor of the bill, bragged on the House Floor that Vilsack put her up to it right after his state of the state address.

* Vilsack has a glowing reputation as being a schill for agribusiness biotech giants like Monsanto. Sustainable ag advocated across the country were spreading the word of Vilsack's history as he was attempting to appeal to voters in his presidential bid. An activist from the west coast even made this youtube animation about Vilsack

The airplane in this animation is a referral to the controversy that Vilsack often traveled in Monsanto's jet.

*Vilsack is an ardent support of corn and soy based biofuels, which use as much or more fossil energy to produce them as they generate, while driving up world food prices and literally starving the poor.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_16176.cfm
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Ag-Secretary-Announced-To-by-Jill-Hamilton-and-081216-596.html

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 08:01:34 AM »
everyone here should call their representatives.

this should note even make it to a vote

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:06 AM »
Good stuff.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »
Why would the left even consider this? They're bought and paid for I assume? (Didn't read whole thread).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
Ridiculous!

Every rep in this list should be flogged and cast out of congress... They are certainly not doing the will of the people here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
Is there a link to the bill? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-875

Thanks.  Pretty long.  Which section is creating the fuss?  I looked at the purpose and it looks fine (don't have time to read the entire thing):

(b) Purposes- The purposes of this Act are--

(1) to establish an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services to be known as the ‘Food Safety Administration’ to--

(A) regulate food safety and labeling to strengthen the protection of the public health;

(B) ensure that food establishments fulfill their responsibility to process, store, hold, and transport food in a manner that protects the public health of all people in the United States;

(C) lead an integrated, systemwide approach to food safety and to make more effective and efficient use of resources to prevent food-borne illness;

(D) provide a single focal point within the Department of Health and Human Services for food safety leadership, both nationally and internationally; and

(E) provide an integrated food safety research capability, including internally generated, scientifically and statistically valid studies, in cooperation with academic institutions and other scientific entities of the Federal and State governments;

(2) to transfer to the Food Safety Administration the food safety, labeling, inspection, and enforcement functions that, as of the day before the date of the enactment of this Act, are performed by various components of the Food and Drug Administration and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;

(3) to modernize and strengthen the Federal food safety law to ensure more effective application and efficient management of the laws for the protection and improvement of public health; and

(4) to establish that food establishments have responsibility to ensure that all stages of production, processing, and distribution of their products or products under their control satisfy the requirements of this law.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »
Thanks.  Pretty long.  Which section is creating the fuss?  I looked at the purpose and it looks fine (don't have time to read the entire thing):

(b) Purposes- The purposes of this Act are--

(1) to establish an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services to be known as the ‘Food Safety Administration’ to--

(A) regulate food safety and labeling to strengthen the protection of the public health;

(B) ensure that food establishments fulfill their responsibility to process, store, hold, and transport food in a manner that protects the public health of all people in the United States;

(C) lead an integrated, systemwide approach to food safety and to make more effective and efficient use of resources to prevent food-borne illness;

(D) provide a single focal point within the Department of Health and Human Services for food safety leadership, both nationally and internationally; and

(E) provide an integrated food safety research capability, including internally generated, scientifically and statistically valid studies, in cooperation with academic institutions and other scientific entities of the Federal and State governments;

(2) to transfer to the Food Safety Administration the food safety, labeling, inspection, and enforcement functions that, as of the day before the date of the enactment of this Act, are performed by various components of the Food and Drug Administration and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;

(3) to modernize and strengthen the Federal food safety law to ensure more effective application and efficient management of the laws for the protection and improvement of public health; and

(4) to establish that food establishments have responsibility to ensure that all stages of production, processing, and distribution of their products or products under their control satisfy the requirements of this law.

Nice to see you siding with the Dems for a change... Of course it's a stupid bill that shouldn't be even be created during this time, but of course, if you're going to agree with a Dem proposed bill, you might as well make it a stupid one.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
Nice to see you siding with the Dems for a change... Of course it's a stupid bill that shouldn't be even be created during this time, but of course, if you're going to agree with a Dem proposed bill, you might as well make it a stupid one.

::) I didn't side with anyone.  I don't have an opinion yet.  Which section of the bill do you have a problem with? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
::) I didn't side with anyone.  I don't have an opinion yet.  Which section of the bill do you have a problem with? 

The establishment of a new administrative agency... I don't think we need another one and especially right now with the things going on... This is a waste of time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »
The establishment of a new administrative agency... I don't think we need another one and especially right now with the things going on... This is a waste of time.

I see.  In other words, you didn't read the bill.  The topic of the thread, and source of outrage, is criminalizing of "organic farming."   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
I see.  In other words, you didn't read the bill.  The topic of the thread, and source of outrage, is criminalizing of "organic farming."   

I did read the bill Beach...

From the bill I read.

SEC. 101. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FOOD SAFETY ADMINISTRATION.
(a) Establishment-
(1) IN GENERAL- There is established in the Department of Health and Human Services an agency to be known as the ‘Food Safety Administration’.
(2) HEAD OF THE ADMINISTRATION- The Administration shall be headed by the Administrator of Food Safety, who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, for a term of 5 years, and who may be reappointed.
(3) DELEGATION- All the authorities and responsibilities assigned to the Secretary of Health and Human Services in the food safety law are hereby assigned to the Administrator.

I think it's ridiculous to have another agency created... it's a waste of money.

I could copy even more crap out of the bill, but this part was enough to make me realize it was stupid.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »
Here, from the bill LOL...

(1) to determine whether the food is contaminated<==(INSECTS), adulterated, or otherwise not in compliance with the food safety law; or

(c) Regulations- Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Administrator <==(MONSANTO LOBBYIST), in consultation with the Secretary of Agriculture<==(MONSANTO ADVOCATE) and representatives of State departments of agriculture, shall promulgate regulations to establish science- based minimum standards for the safe production of food by food production facilities. Such regulations shall--

(1) consider all relevant hazards, including those occurring naturally<==(INSECTS),and those that may be unintentionally or intentionally introduced;

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »
Seeds - How To
Criminalize Them
By Linn Cohen-Cole
3-20-9

HR 875: SHORT TITLE.-This Act may be cited as the "Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009"

Full text version pdf of HR 875: http:// frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi? dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h875ih.txt.pdf ]

-Wisdom says stop a bill that is broad as everything yet more vague even than it is broad.

-Wisdom says stop a bill that comes with massive penalties but allows no judicial review.

-Wisdom says stop a bill with everything unspecified and actually waits til next year for an unspecified "Administrator" to decide what's what.

-Where we come from, that's called a blank check. Who writes laws like that? "Here, do what you want about whatever you want and here's some deadly punishments to make it stick."

-Wisdom says know who wrote that bill and be forewarned.

-Wisdom says wake up.

Here's the bill. Let's use our imaginations and extrapolate from the little bit it reveals and from the reality we know.

SEC. 206. FOOD PRODUCTION FACILITIES.

(a) Authorities- In carrying out the duties of the Administrator and the purposes of this Act, the Administrator shall have the authority, with respectto food production facilities, to--

(1) visit and inspect food production facilities in the United Statesand in foreign countries to determine if they are operating in compliance with the requirements of the food safety law;

(2) review food safety records as required to be kept by the Administrator under section 210 and for other food safety purposes;

(3) set good practice standards to protect the public and animal health and promote food safety;

(4) conduct monitoring and surveillance of animals, plants, products, or the environment, as appropriate;

(5) collect and maintain information relevant to public health andfarm practices.

(b) Inspection of Records- A food production facility shall permit the Administrator upon presentation of appropriate credentials and at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner, to have access to and abilityto copy all records maintained by or on behalf of such food production establishment in any format (including paper or electronic) and at any location, that are necessary to assist the Administrator--

(1) to determine whether the food is contaminated, adulterated, or otherwise not in compliance with the food safety law; or

(2) to track the food in commerce.

(c) Regulations- Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Administrator, in consultation with the Secretary of Agriculture andrepresentatives of State departments of agriculture, shall promulgate regulations to establish science- based minimum standards for the safe production of food by food production facilities. Such regulations shall--

(1) consider all relevant hazards, including those occurring naturally,and those that may be unintentionally or intentionally introduced;

(2) require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;

(3) include with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting,and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment... and water;

Ah, such a little paragraph, and so much evil packed in it. Notice they mention harvesting, sorting and storage operations? Notice they never mention seeds but they are precisely what those words cover.

Now, watch how they will be able to easily criminalize seed banking and all holding of seeds. First, to follow how this will be done, you must understand that:

1. there is a small list inside the FDA called "sources of seed contamination" and

2. the FDA has now defined "seed" as food,

3. so seeds can now be controlled through "food safety."

Those seeds (so far) include:

*seeds eaten raw such as flax, poppy sesame, etc.;
*sprouting seeds such as wheat, beans, alfalfa, most greens, etc.;
* seeds pressed into oils such as corn, sunflower, canola, etc.;
*seeds used as animal feed such as soy ....

That includes most seeds. It may even be all seed, given how they are skilled at 'new' definitions.

And what are the "sources of seed contamination" inside the FDA? They include only six little items:

-agricultural water
-manure (but not chemical pesticides or fertilizers)
-harvesting,
- transporting equipment
- seed cleaning (sorting) equipment
-seed storage (storing) facilities

Did you know that seed cleaning equipment is THE single most critical piece of equipment for sustainable agriculture? It is how we collect organic seed. It is the machinery used after the season, when plants "go to seed," to separate out (sort) the seeds from the plant material so the farmer can collect (harvest) and then save (put in storage) seed for the next year at little cost. With his own seed, the farmer also stays free of patented, genetically engineered, corporately privatized seeds.

This year, 2009, one item on the "sources of seed contamination" list is suddenly illegal in some parts of this country - seed cleaning equipment.

To get the drift, perhaps you need to know that the people who clean seed are being wiped out, as well.

How can they make such vital equipment illegal? Quietly, first of all, so as not to alert organic farmers who have a lot of political ties. And by saying it contaminates food. And by applying their innocent and reasonable sounding "minimum standards."

"Contaminate" is their favorite word since the public fears the deadly contamination that industry itself - not farmers - has caused. That fear is valuable. Scare the public and it is easy to get "food safety standards" set without anyone reading them. 39 progressive co-sponsors leap on, thinking this is about "food safety." But it is only about the use of "food safety," not the reality of it

For to eliminate seed cleaning equipment, the FDA simple set minimum "food safety" standards for seed cleaning (the simple separation of seed from plant) such that a farmer would need a million toa million and a half dollar building and/or equipment to meet the new requirements ... per line of seed.

On the ground, where reality lives, a farmer in the midwest who has been seed cleaning flax for 40 years with his hand made seed cleaner now can't sell his flax on the market anymore. Never mind there are NO instances of anyone ever having gotten sick from seed cleaning equipment. And a farmer in another part of the midwest who has been cleaning wheat, corn and soy for years with one single perfectly fine piece of equipment would now need three to four and half million dollars for three separate pieces of equipment, in order to satisfy the "food safety" standards.

The FDA isn't so high-bar setting when it comes to other things like melamine in baby formula. Though it has proven to sicken and kill infants, initially the FDA just denied the melamine was in all the corporate baby formula but when people found evidence that it was, the FDA then quickly supplied a "food safety" standard that defined whatever level of melamine that was in the formula as fine.

This game playing about "food safety" standards - one to eliminate farmers by setting the bar so high no one can climb, and one to protect industry by setting the bar so low nothing need be done - is nothing new but now it is being suddenly extended to seeds. And it comes with penalties that make bankrupting farmers in an instant, very easy.

The effort to eliminate both seed cleaners and seed cleaning equipment tips us off to who is behind this (shhh) and to this new means of controlling seeds andmakes it possible to see just a few suspect words in this bill, and sense where things are heading.

Organic farmers are not aware of any of this happening. It appears the organic community is being treated with kid gloves until HR 875 and related bills should be passed, coddled so they don't get wise to what's afoot. And they are too disconnected from traditional farmers to be aware of how the USDA has been tromping on them for years.

So organic farmers have missed the handwriting on the wall for themselves.

Plus, plain ole farmers have a history of no one listening to them, which is too bad in general but now it's blatantly dangerous because it is they who are the ones bringing the warning that these bills are not just bad but deadly. The organic community, lulled by its own seeming safety, hasn't heard or understood.

But given what just happened with seed cleaning equipment (sorting), the method and the intent are exposed. "Food safety" is the weapon, with public fear, kept at a high pitch, as the driver. After which, those running this game only need to set the bar at a "food safety" level impossible to meet and apply horrendous punishments for not complying. Farmer is either crushed by that pincer move, or quits. Either way, his land is up for grabs.

And those severe punishments are essential to control groups which will see the whole thing for what it is - insane in terms of farming and anything to do with health, a threat to survival, and driven solely by profit and power.

So, one crucial piece of equipment (seed cleaning) is illegal now and without most people realizing. And simply because a single "foods safety" bar has been raised.

In time, as more and more farmers are forbidden from using their equipment, significant sources of organic seeds will begin to dry up, at which point the organic community would begin to ask what was going on. By then, it will be too late.

Why? Because look at the last item on the list - (seed) storing facilities.

Farmers, gardeners, seed saving exchanges, seed companies, scientific seed projects, and seed banks, all require sorting. All are working overtime to protect biodiversity that is rapidly disappearing specifically because of genetic engineering. As Monsanto began reducing access to seeds, people around the world have worked hard to compensate.

But now the effort is to take over the whole game, going after even these small sources of biodiversity - by simply defining seeds as food and then all farmers' affordable mechanisms for harvesting (collecting), sorting (seed cleaning) andstoring (seed banking or saving) as too dirty to be safe for food.

Set the standard for "food safety" and certification high enough that no one can afford it and punish anyone who tries to save seed in ways that have worked fine for thousands of years, with a million dollar a day fine and/or ten years in prison, and presto, you have just criminalized seed banking.

The penalties are tremendous, the better to protect us from nothing dangerous whatsoever, but to make monopoly over seed absolutely absolute. One is left with control over farmers, an end to seed exchanges, an end to organic seed companies, an end to university programs developing nice normal hybrids, and an end to democracy - reducing us to abject dependence on corporations for food and gratitude even for genetically engineered food and at any price.

When you know that Monsanto, with the help of the US government, plundered ancient and rare seed banks in Iraq that held seeds with a genetic heritage (a biohistory belonging to all of us) going back 1000s of years and then made it a crime for farmers there to collect or use their own normal andnon-patented seeds off their own land, you see how extreme the intent to control is.

Now, perhaps it is possible to see how the identical thing is being done here, only it comes in a heavily, heavily disguised way - through "food safety" that isn't "food safety" at all - and quietly sitting in only one tiny little paragraph within a very large bill (and with no reference to seeds at all).

The Iraqis are now utterly at the mercy of Monsanto and the US for survival itself and will have to pay whatever prices are set for food. They can no longer just grow their own and be free people. So, no matter what form of government they may ever have, as long as this is true, they are now enslaved because the control over them is that extreme. Kissinger was right - control food and you control people.

We are inches from this ourselves. The Left needs to wake up.

In Afghanistan, people are buying and planting beans from America which at the end of the season have nothing whatever inside, the pods are empty. In Equador, the potatoes there do not develop eyes so can't be planted next season to grow potatoes.

Biotech's claim to care about feeding starving multitudes is belied by its blocking human access to normal seeds and its terminator technology (empty beans). Monopoly is monopoly is monopoly. And at this level, and when it comes to seeds which are life itself, monopoly terminates democracy as well as beans.

This trick of setting bars above any ability to be in the game was done to blacks and in realizing this, we must hold Obama accountable for pushing these bills which are profound civil and human rights abuses.

There are three other items of the list which surely will be controlled as well. In toto,that little list of six items (agricultural water, manure, harvesting, transporting and seed cleaning equipment, and seed storage facilities) contains the pieces to deconstruct farming itself,

Take action -- click here to contact your local newspaper or congress people:
http://www.usalone.net/cgi-bin/oen.cgi?qnum=7467
Immediately withdraw HR 875, SR 425, HR 814, HR 759, and all related bills. They are intended to destroy small farmers and will trap us into GMOs

Click here to see the most recent messages sent to congressional reps and local newspapers
http://www.usalone.net/cgi-bin/transparency.cgi?qnum=oen7467

Linn Cohen-Cole

Related

Is Organic Farming Killer Rep. Rosa DeLauro Becoming the Most Hated Woman in America? (I Hope So) Mar. 20, 2009
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ rosadelaurooppositiongro wing20mar09.shtml

Goodbye Farmers Markets, CSAs, and Roadside Stands by Linn Cohen-Cole (Mar. 19, 2009)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cohen- colegoodbyefarmersmarket s03mar09.shtml

Banning Organic Farming & Regulating Home Gardening, HR 875 & S 425 (Mar. 13, 2009)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ HR875andS425organicfarmi ngban13mar09.shtml

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 12:05:20 PM »

I just sent this vid and The Future of Food vid page (on youtube) to a guy at my newspaper.

R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
I just sent this vid and The Future of Food vid page (on youtube) to a guy at my newspaper.

sweet ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

And a guy at another newspaper.

R