Author Topic: Recent Quad workout...switch'n it up!  (Read 1638 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Recent Quad workout...switch'n it up!
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
I'm a big believer in sticking with the basic compound, strict, heavy movements mixed with isolation squeezes for my workouts...always have always will. But, every now and then, I throw little twists in..for example, my recent quad w/o consisted of the following:

Leg extensions  3 x 25
BB Squats         225 lbs...for 100 reps and the least amount of sets!  It took me 4 sets...24, 24, 24, 28...I did NOT want to do another set, so I REALLY pushed it on the last set. It was really tough..diff than the usual( 4 x 6-8) for me. I did this w/o 2 days ago and I am def more sore than usual..nice curveball I threw myself! BTW these were all parallel squats, paused, with a box. Guaranteed...I don't cheat myself. Anyone wanna give it a try?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: Recent Quad workout...switch'n it up!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
Sounds brutal

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »
I think can do the 225 for hundred in 4 sets. Ill try that next leg workout. But I would do those first, then 3 sets of hacks, 3 sets on the leg press and finish off with 4 sets of leg extensions. That would be my Quad day "Dov", I hit hams on a different day with calves.
L

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Sounds brutal
MUCH tougher than my usual 6-8 reps squat/press/extension workout...after the last set, I was in the fetal position on the floor! my legs were shaking a little :o

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »
I think can do the 225 for hundred in 4 sets. Ill try that next leg workout. But I would do those first, then 3 sets of hacks, 3 sets on the leg press and finish off with 4 sets of leg extensions. That would be my Quad day "Dov", I hit hams on a different day with calves.
Not to doubt you, but there is NO way I was doing anything else after that last set of squats....nothing at all! Seriously, my central nervous system was shot! Good luck...remember, these were VERY legit paused, paralleled, box squats.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »
I'm a big believer in sticking with the basic compound, strict, heavy movements mixed with isolation squeezes for my workouts...always have always will. But, every now and then, I throw little twists in..for example, my recent quad w/o consisted of the following:

Leg extensions  3 x 25
BB Squats         225 lbs...for 100 reps and the least amount of sets!  It took me 4 sets...24, 24, 24, 28...I did NOT want to do another set, so I REALLY pushed it on the last set. It was really tough..diff than the usual( 4 x 6-8) for me. I did this w/o 2 days ago and I am def more sore than usual..nice curveball I threw myself! BTW these were all parallel squats, paused, with a box. Guaranteed...I don't cheat myself. Anyone wanna give it a try?

did you deadlift it too? :D
tank u jesus

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »
Not to doubt you, but there is NO way I was doing anything else after that last set of squats....nothing at all! Seriously, my central nervous system was shot! Good luck...remember, these were VERY legit paused, paralleled, box squats.
what were you using to gauge this ?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »
I couldn't do that if I wanted to, which is exactly why I'd never do it. I can't muster the will power to carry through w/ that. I also think I'd fuck myself walking wise for at least 4 days.
$

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
Cool workout man,a bit Tom Platz style training there

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 06:35:46 PM »
100 reps is a good feat for 225.

Not many people could finish that within a reasonable time period.  

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »

Leg extensions  3 x 25

will legs grow?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 02:51:16 AM »

Leg extensions  3 x 25

seriously, who gives a shit

jesus, you enter one internet bodybuilding contest and you start thinking everyone actually  gives a shit
fuck off

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 02:55:05 AM »

jesus, you enter one internet bodybuilding contest and you start thinking everyone actually  gives a shit
fuck off

Normally true..... but Dov came a very long way from where he started.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 03:09:54 AM »
all parallel squats, paused, with a box"
Too easy!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 03:26:59 AM »
Normally true..... but Dov came a very long way from where he started.

yeah, but someone has to put him in his place no matter how far he came from

remember, this board has a tough reputation to live up to- we have to lay down the law every once in awhile

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 03:46:29 AM »
If you really do that routine with performing that hell of squats of ass to the floor.

You really earn my huge respect more than most of pros.

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 04:17:13 AM »
all parallel squats, paused, with a box"
Too easy!!

Ditto that - ass to heals every time, f**k the box.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 05:22:52 AM »
what were you using to gauge this ?
Yeah, good ?...just a generalized feeling I had during and especially moments afterwards..slight numbness, a little shaky throughut, I was moving slowly! 

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 05:24:01 AM »
100 reps is a good feat for 225.

Not many people could finish that within a reasonable time period.  
Entire workout lasted 45 min..

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 05:26:14 AM »
yeah, but someone has to put him in his place no matter how far he came from

remember, this board has a tough reputation to live up to- we have to lay down the law every once in awhile
Oh brother ::)......Yeah, you "lay down that law", Johnny! :-\

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 05:32:28 AM »
quiet, Barbara

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 06:59:13 AM »

fuck off

You are getting annoying as shit lately. First, stop posting pics of your cock on here. Second, know your place and stfu once in a while. God you are the most annoying muthafukka I have seen in ages.
E

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
good shit DOV
i can feel the pain through the internet

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
You are getting annoying as shit lately. First, stop posting pics of your cock on here. Second, know your place and stfu once in a while. God you are the most annoying muthafukka I have seen in ages.

ban me ni66a

one more outburst like that and I'M sooooooooo posting pics of my cock....
.......again

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »

Leg extensions  3 x 25

going to give it a try with the hack squat 4 plates a side this week and next week going to try it with 315  ;D... im getting sick to my stomach just thinking about it............