Author Topic: Storing oils in a needle?  (Read 1698 times)

mademan80

• Getbig II
Storing oils in a needle?
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
you guys think its ok to extract juice from the bottle and leave it sit in the plunger until your next shot? so b/t 5-7 days in the plunger would be the time it stayed in there

4thAD

Re: Storing oils in a needle?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
you guys think its ok to extract juice from the bottle and leave it sit in the plunger until your next shot? so b/t 5-7 days in the plunger would be the time it stayed in there

I wouldn't do this as the chemicals in the rubber stopper and plastic syringe could be possibly leached out from the solvents in the gear.

dustin

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »
Gear is stored in multi draw vials and ampules for a reason. The less you tamper with it, the better.

Sometimes I'll draw up my shit the night before, if I plan on pinning early in the morning and don't want to fuck around when I'm half asleep and still waking up. Other than that, don't do it... some people draw up peptides and shit before training so they can pin them immediately after, and that's another decent reason. But other than that, you don't want to risk sterility issues just to save a tiny bit of time.

FreakPeak

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:51:27 AM »
I wouldn't do this as the chemicals in the rubber stopper and plastic syringe could be possibly leached out from the solvents in the gear.

That sounds feasible. I just checked my Deca ready-jects and they have a rubber stopper just like regular syringes and have a use-by a couple of years from the date of manufacture. Do you reckon its a different grade of rubber? Maybe they just don't care.....?

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »
so instead of leaving it in the plunger could you extract all of the gear from the amps and put it in a 10-20ml vial?

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »
so instead of leaving it in the plunger could you extract all of the gear from the amps and put it in a 10-20ml vial?

Please don't do that.

Your giving up the sterility that the amps provide. It's really not that big a deal time wise. Couple of amps, opening, loading, pinning, clean-up, all takes less than 10min., and I'm slow.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »
what about those readject pins do they not have a rubber plunger?

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
   Please don't do that.

Your giving up the sterility that the amps provide. It's really not that big a deal time wise. Couple of amps, opening, loading, pinning, clean-up, all takes less than 10min., and I'm slow.

i figured that but if i dont need two whole amps what do i do with the rest of the oil left in the unused amp? i guess im goin have to take 500mg of test a week then...i was only going to run 400mg/wk...but oh well

dustin

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »
Christ, dude... they make amps for a reason - sterility!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're not using a whole amp then deposit it in a sterile vial or store it in a syringe, but never for a long period. Either that or just use the entire amp. It's not like manufacturers put an outrageous amount in amps.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »
Christ, dude... they make amps for a reason - sterility!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're not using a whole amp then deposit it in a sterile vial or store it in a syringe, but never for a long period. Either that or just use the entire amp. It's not like manufacturers put an outrageous amount in amps.

No shit dude...im just saying i dont need to take both amps and i would have about 2/3 of ml left over and was simply wondering if you could leave the leftover shit in the plunger till my next shot which would be about 5-7 days later or put it into a sterile vial

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
yeah if i only need 400mg/wk why would i use the rest just to use it? i know there isn't that big a difference bt 400-500mg but if thats what my cycle calls for than thats it...so your telling me if you had an amp of test and it was 350mg and you needed 500mg you would have to open another amp to get your desired amount but there would still be shit leftover...but let me guess you would just take another whole amp just bc its only 1cc of shit

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
i know that amps with 350mg of test prob dont exist but i just used it as an example

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »
  Out of curiosity, how did you come upon the 400mg/wk number ? Sounds like an HRT dose, most here consider 500mg/wk the beginner standard.

I guess if you have your heart set on that, and you can get a sterile multi-vile, you could do what your thinking. I gotta say though, I'd be scared shitless of the left-overs.

An abscess is not your friend...

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »
yeah im prob gonna go ahead and do the 500mg/wk just so i dont have to worry about that kind of shit