Author Topic: What's your opinion on HIIT Cardio?  (Read 9434 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: What's your opinion on HIIT Cardio?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »
I have never listened to it. I just saw the title and thought it fitting.  ;)

All Cardio is a inefficient if its purpose is to "lose bodyfat".

It should be used to rejuvenate and sustain the respiratory system.
Respiratory System or Cardiovascular System or both?

What would the benefits be to the aveoli and purkinje fibers with engaging in regular 'cardio' ?

(Google: aveoli. Click. Click. Read...read...read...not es...notes...read. Google: purkinje fibers. Click. Click. read... read.. notes...read)

( Go back to Getbig and post a well informed well educated answer twisted and tweaked in true TA fashion. )
?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
Respiratory System or Cardiovascular System or both?

What would the benefits be to the aveoli and purkinje fibers with engaging in regular 'cardio' ?

(Google: aveoli. Click. Click. Read...read...read...not es...notes...read. Google: purkinje fibers. Click. Click. read... read.. notes...read)

( Go back to Getbig and post a well informed well educated answer twisted and tweaked in true TA fashion. )
Treatment for Respiratory Problems

Treatment for respiratory problems changes according the type of problem.  Breathing is a necessity of life and a source for many micro-organisms to enter the body, a reservoir for infectious diseases.  Many of these problems have no relief other than seeking professional medical attention.  Decongestants are often taken for sinus problems, as well as humidifiers and strong smelling medication externally applied.  The only assistance for asthma is having the ability to recognize the warning signs of an oncoming attack and using an inhaler.  Bronchitis, emphysema, tuberculosis, SARS, lung cancer and Avian Flu will either pass on their own or require a lot of medical attention. 

An individual does have the ability to increase the performance of his/her respiratory system.  Exercise and physical activity allow the cardio-respiratory system to strengthen and lung capacity to increase, making your heart's job slightly easier. 

Not doing things to your body is as important as doing things for your body.  Drugs as a whole have a negative affect on human's bodies.  Smoking cigarettes and other drugs weaken your heart and the ability of your blood to carry oxygen and carbon dioxide to and from the lungs.  Carbon monoxide is the worst of these inhalants as blood has a stronger affinity for this gas and will carry this before oxygen.  Once inside the blood, the carbon monoxide will not be released the way normal exchange occurs, creating a suffocating effect.

When dealing with non-communicable respiratory diseases, decisions early on are the source of treatment.  To cure lung cancer, do not smoke and try to not develop the disease by avoiding this major trigger.  Lung cancer does arise without smoking, in those cases medical help, alternatives to medicine or chemotherapy are often needed.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 06:49:16 AM »
I have never listened to it. I just saw the title and thought it fitting.  ;)

All Cardio is a inefficient if its purpose is to "lose bodyfat".

It should be used to rejuvenate and sustain the respiratory system.

Inefficient? Where's the science behind this statement? HIIT cardio has far reaching consequences outside of respiratory health, including increased secretions of metabolism boosting hormones. When the body is condition into a HIIT regime the body acclimatizes in a way that is superior to diet manipulation - I personally can eat pretty much anything (within reason) I want thanks to HIIT.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »
Inefficient? Where's the science behind this statement? HIIT cardio has far reaching consequences outside of respiratory health, including increased secretions of metabolism boosting hormones. When the body is condition into a HIIT regime the body acclimatizes in a way that is superior to diet manipulation - I personally can eat pretty much anything (within reason) I want thanks to HIIT.
I eat whatever I want with zero cardio.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
You tell me what is more efficient.  8 HIIT sessions or just not eating 300 extra  calories.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »
I think its fantastic to build power, speed and fitness depending on what bodyparts, for sport/soccer i often did line drills in my own time and my agility and off-the-mark speed was greatly increased. But other than that, I've never had HIIT cardio help me drop fat.. going for a walk twice a week and diet has helped me much more.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
You tell me what is more efficient.  8 HIIT sessions or just not eating 300 extra  calories.

Adonis is right here, but i hope he understands that there are lots of benefits to cardio! I for one feel great after a good run, being fit is a nice thing to know.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »

doing any kind of cardio will increase your metabolism + you have 300 calories less (burned off)

not eating extra 300 calories will lower your metabolism + you have 300 calories less
tank u jesus

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »

if you are only burning 300 cals with 8 hiit sesions then you are doing it wrong and its no wonder you don't realise the benefits of it.

up your heart rate to 90% + and try again. if you don't need to lie down after the first few workouts,try harder.
175lbs by 31st July

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
I've never had HIIT cardio help me drop fat.. going for a walk twice a week and diet has helped me much more.

Not very convincing. Do HIIT or standard cardio instead of walking with diet gets your the same or better.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »
It's great for overall health. Try the Tabata protocol for a few weeks, you're resting heart rate will go down and general health status will improve.

As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
I am thinking intense cardio does help to jumpstart the metabolism, at least that has been my experience.
I hate the State.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
I've just started doing something like this, using sprints.  I've got a 70-80 metre garden, so I jog the first 40, then sprint the rest, turn round and do it again.  The first day I did it, I was fooked after 10 runs, really knackered me out, but it felt good.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:17 AM »
I've just started doing something like this, using sprints.  I've got a 70-80 metre garden, so I jog the first 40, then sprint the rest, turn round and do it again.  The first day I did it, I was fooked after 10 runs, really knackered me out, but it felt good.

I do the same sort of sprint interval exercise on a recumbent bike.  I find it to be effective, at least for general fitness.  I do not fully understand the underlying science, but I do feel younger and stronger every day. 
~

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 03:15:08 AM »

Adonis is right here, but i hope he understands that there are lots of benefits to cardio! I for one feel great after a good run, being fit is a nice thing to know.

No he's not. HIIT doesn't stop working when the session is over, the hormonal effects continue throughout the day resulting in an overall increased speed of the metabolism.

Adonis, refute this with science; show me exactly how:

HIIT (300 cals burnt) == Diet restriction of 300 cals

TIP: You can't because your assertion is WRONG.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 04:14:11 AM »
No he's not. HIIT doesn't stop working when the session is over, the hormonal effects continue throughout the day resulting in an overall increased speed of the metabolism.

Adonis, refute this with science; show me exactly how:

HIIT (300 cals burnt) == Diet restriction of 300 cals

TIP: You can't because your assertion is WRONG.

exactly lowering your calories by 300 would reduce your metabolism, burning 300 cals using hiit would increase your metabolism.
175lbs by 31st July

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 06:12:03 AM »
exactly lowering your calories by 300 would reduce your metabolism, burning 300 cals using hiit would increase your metabolism.

Let's see what the pseudo scientist has to say about this.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »
Let's see what the pseudo scientist finds on google and posts about this.

fixed  :D
175lbs by 31st July

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 03:41:40 AM »
Just bumping this so that Adonis can prove me wrong with his "science".

Please hurry, here's some possible sources for formulating a pseudo-scientific rebuttal:

Or... you could chose to accept you're wrong and stop lying to people?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

HURRICANE

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
I'll usually do half of my cardio in a more traditional sense and the other half HIIT style.  I think it's a great way to scorch extra calories.

As a side note I'd like to add that True Adonis' dogmatic advice is not to be trusted on the issue (or any training issue for that matter.  He thinks that if it works for him, then it'll work the same way for everybody.  Keep in mind every body is different before you drink the TA cool-aid.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »

up your heart rate to 90% + and try again. if you don't need to lie down after the first few workouts,try harder.

Bingo. Unless you push yourself to a point where you see stars and almost feels like puking, you ain't doing it hard enough, and the effects will not be optimal. (research supports this).

HIT cardio = outstanding way to get great cardio for sports btw.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

300 calories?  i burn that in 25 minutes

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
3 hundredliners? I sniff that in 2,5 minutes 

:'(