Author Topic: Muscle & Fitness and ARNOLD together again!  (Read 2218 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Muscle & Fitness and ARNOLD together again!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »
Damn, that looks almost like a Men's Health magazine cover...

How about this shot?

Note Arnolds calves around 21 inches "according to him"  circa 71'.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
Yup. I mean, it's a GREAT picture of Arnold. But c'mon...to use it already for FLEX, cool. To use it again for Muscle & Fitness, ummm OK? But geezus, to use it yet again for another Muscle & Fitness cover?  ???

Of the thousands and thousands of Arnold pictures there are, they couldn't have used a different picture?

Speak on this, Scribbler!

That Arnold image was voted one of the best photos of all time in M&F IN 2001...so for our 70th anniversary issue it made sense to combine that photo with a recent image of Joe and Arnold together to show how their friendship has lasted since he was the best bodybuilder in the world. We actually tested several versions of the cover with different main images and that is the one that won.

C

CD
M&F & FLEX

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 04:12:09 AM »
That Arnold image was voted one of the best photos of all time in M&F IN 2001...so for our 70th anniversary issue it made sense to combine that photo with a recent image of Joe and Arnold together to show how their friendship has lasted since he was the best bodybuilder in the world. We actually tested several versions of the cover with different main images and that is the one that won.

C

I'd like to know which 2001 issue it was because I don't ever remember Muscle & Fitness having a poll for its readers to vote for the 'best Arnold picture of all-time'. I just don't see why that particular picture of Arnold would be allowed in the running being that it's been used already not once, but twice.

And are you allowed to post what the other potential covers looked like?  ???