Author Topic: Michigan 15-year-old dies after police Taser him  (Read 1869 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Michigan 15-year-old dies after police Taser him
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
 :(

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TEEN_TASER_DEATH?SITE=PASCR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

BAY CITY, Mich. (AP) -- Police in Michigan say a 15-year-old boy has died after being Tasered by officers who were trying to break up a fight.

Police didn't release his name and say state police are investigating.

A Bay City police news release says officers answered a report of an early morning fight on Sunday. The statement says two males were arguing in an apartment, and one of them "attempted to fight the officers."

Police say officers Tasered him, and his reaction led them to immediately call for emergency medical help. He was pronounced dead at Bay Regional Medical Center.

Deputy Chief Thomas Pletzke tells WNEM-TV police placed one officer on administrative leave.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Michigan 15-year-old dies after police Taser him
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
taser him to prohibit him from giving you a black eye. Sad.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
I assume this teen was a negro or else we wouldn't even be hearing about it. 

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »
I dont think people should be allowed attack cops,too much political correctness nowadays,my opinion is if you start on a cop for no reason you deserve the consequences

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »
Had he complied with the command given, there would have been no need for the taser...sad.

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
I dont think people should be allowed attack cops,too much political correctness nowadays,my opinion is if you start on a cop for no reason you deserve the consequences

kids will be kids dude...the guy was 15 and his life was snuffed out by some jackass who was holding down a taser button for amusement...come on we have all seen the way cops abuse that shit

one shock is enough to let people know u mean business they shock u unconscience....

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
kids will be kids dude...the guy was 15 and his life was snuffed out by some jackass who was holding down a taser button for amusement...come on we have all seen the way cops abuse that shit

one shock is enough to let people know u mean business they shock u unconscience....
Yeah but man cops (love or hate them) should be respected cos without them society would be lawless,hit a cop and get whats coming

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
Yeah but man cops (love or hate them) should be respected cos without them society would be lawless,hit a cop and get whats coming

i agree cops deserve respect and there should be consquences...but u ever talk back to your dad...or to a teacher in school...its the same thing, the kid was young and rebeliious, that cop coulda jus restrained him in a number of different ways, or for moment tried to remember being 15...nope he jus pulls out a taser and goes to town

im jus saying when its Kids they shouldnt be allowed to use that level of brutality....think if it was ur brother or son....u would kille very cop u could get ur hands on for such an unessecary death

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
i agree cops deserve respect and there should be consquences...but u ever talk back to your dad...or to a teacher in school...its the same thing, the kid was young and rebeliious, that cop coulda jus restrained him in a number of different ways, or for moment tried to remember being 15...nope he jus pulls out a taser and goes to town

im jus saying when its Kids they shouldnt be allowed to use that level of brutality....think if it was ur brother or son....u would kille very cop u could get ur hands on for such an unessecary death

At 15 I wouldnt even give a cop a dirty look,let alone hit one

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
At 15 I wouldnt even give a cop a dirty look,let alone hit one

I was thinking the same thing. I would have never attacked a cop.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
Staying out of trouble would have prevented getting the taser.

We really wouldn't have ever considered running our mouths to cops as kids.

Chick, or other former police probably know about the long way to the station. :)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »
Funny thing a cop mate of mine told me one day
He arrested a local guy for drunk driving and the guy said more or less that he knew the nights the cop was in work his wife and kids were at home alone
He smirked at the cop as he told him this
The cop said they stopped the cop van and he got in the back with the arrested guy and in his own words 'By the time we got to the station he didnt have to give a blood sample'  ;D

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
Had he complied with the command given, there would have been no need for the taser...sad.

You ain't no cop.  You were a SECURITY GUARD.  Stay out of it.
(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Who knows how long he tased the kid.  He might have had a pre-existing heart condition or something, that led to this.  Bottom line is that when the popo show up you best be "yes sir" and "no sir"n them.  Cause you ain't gonna win....ask chainsaw... 8)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
Staying out of trouble would have prevented getting the taser.

We really wouldn't have ever considered running our mouths to cops as kids.

Chick, or other former police probably know about the long way to the station. :)

Exactly....the lack of respect to authority is amazing to me...in this case, it's a strange case when a taser causes that in someone so young.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
little prick deserved it.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »
Exactly....the lack of respect to authority is amazing to me...in this case, it's a strange case when a taser causes that in someone so young.

People always knew where the line was back then.

We had a few kids that age jump an officer here they ended up in jail for two years. Fortunately he wasn't hurt bad.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
It's too bad the kid's parents never disciplined him themselves.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
Respect should be earned.  And there are as many crooks in the cop force as there are on the streets.  Its a Utopian ideal to assume that if a person is a police officer they are just and fair, The police force attracts the insecure and weak who wish to bolster there vulnerability by taking on the role of the highest authority granted by a civilised society.  Its a sad day when a police officer is unable to restrain a 15 year old boy and has to taser him, in this case fatally.  Personally, I cant respect a man (policeman or not) who has committed such a pathetically weak act.
V

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 06:48:20 PM »
In order for a society to exist is needs a police force.

Without the police, the system would decline into anarchy.

I have the highest respect for those individuals who choose to police our streets!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »
PIP 15yo boy. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
In order for a society to exist is needs a police force.

Without the police, the system would decline into anarchy.

I have the highest respect for those individuals who choose to police our streets!

Personally, I believe society is by nature anarchy.  Horrible crimes are commited every day, worldwide, and very rarely do the truly responsible get held accountable.  Our current system doesnt prevent crimes, Personally, I consider what the police officer did to be a crime, yet you judge it as lawful becasue the act was commited by a police officer.  I think I would prefer anarchy, it least within that system the rules are clear.  Why can societies of animals survive perfectly fine without a police force, I think that is a BS assumption that we need a police forcce.
V

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »
Our system of policing is not perfect but it is all we have.

Somalia has declined into Anarchy, and by all reports, it is an horrific and terrifying place.

Our society has many flaws. That being said, our system of government which includes its police force operates quite effectively considering the obvious hurdles.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 07:00:45 PM »

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »

kids will be kids?  I never thought going after a cop was a very smart thing to do when I was a kid...