Author Topic: Investing in Our Clean Energy Future  (Read 2337 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Investing in Our Clean Energy Future
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »
The President hosted an event focused on "Investing in Our Clean Energy Future," with experts from inside and outside government. On the table were how crucial investments in clean energy and new technologies are included in the budget.

March 23, 2009
!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: Investing in Our Clean Energy Future
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
It's not the governments responsibility to take my tax money and use it to fund research for their agenda.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »
It's not the governments responsibility to take my tax money and use it to fund research for their agenda.
Obama's administration is to make this country a better, more efficient place, maintain our leadership in technological innovation,  and reduce our dependency on foreign source materials. If you are too stupid to have our nation's best and brightest from institutions like MIT work for this objective, then we'll have to do it in spite of you. We can't afford to wait for dummies like you to come around. Of course, you can always renounce your citizenship, or even better you can always put aside that umbrella for a real rectal invasion of the "Hairy Bubba" persuasion while you are in prison for refusing to pay taxes. The choice is yours!  ;D
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 05:25:10 AM »
Obama's administration is to make this country a better, more efficient place, maintain our leadership in technological innovation,  and reduce our dependency on foreign source materials. If you are too stupid to have our nation's best and brightest from institutions like MIT work for this objective, then we'll have to do it in spite of you. We can't afford to wait for dummies like you to come around. Of course, you can always renounce your citizenship, or even better you can always put aside that umbrella for a real rectal invasion of the "Hairy Bubba" persuasion while you are in prison for refusing to pay taxes. The choice is yours!  ;D

Yeah, tax every family an additional $1,000 a year, brilliant plan.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:20:56 AM »
The President hosted an event focused on "Investing in Our Clean Energy Future," with experts from inside and outside government. On the table were how crucial investments in clean energy and new technologies are included in the budget.

March 23, 2009

Well,lets see.In Oregon,the enviro kooks shut down the logging industry.So,they wanted to install windmills to jump start the economy with new jobs and a new clean energy source.Sorry,the enviro kooks said it might kill birds and bats.

Feinstein said yesterday,NO solar energy in the desert.Its an eye sore.

Robert Kennedy said no wind power off the coast of Mass.its an eye sore.

So libs,want clean energy,just not in their backyard.They are fools and idiots.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »
Well,lets see.In Oregon,the enviro kooks shut down the logging industry.So,they wanted to install windmills to jump start the economy with new jobs and a new clean energy source.Sorry,the enviro kooks said it might kill birds and bats.

Bob Brinker, Nader, Buffett, and many others are all saying Obama is a madman on this issue.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 06:45:57 AM »

Great points.

Unfortunately the "Not in my backyard" mentality is strong with many politicians.

Many politicians support nuclear power.

But how many of them are prepared to have uranium mines in their home states, where their families live?

Eg, McCain is a staunch supporter of nuclear power.

Would he be in favor of nuclear power if the uranium mines would be in Arizona?

The same goes for the kooks on the environmentalist side (not all of them are bad) - they want to cut down coal power plants and replace them with wind power "somewhere else". ::)

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
Great points.

Unfortunately the "Not in my backyard" mentality is strong with many politicians.

Many politicians support nuclear power.

But how many of them are prepared to have uranium mines in their home states, where their families live?

Eg, McCain is a staunch supporter of nuclear power.

Would he be in favor of nuclear power if the uranium mines would be in Arizona?

The same goes for the kooks on the environmentalist side (not all of them are bad) - they want to cut down coal power plants and replace them with wind power "somewhere else". ::)

Sanity and reality needs to rule these discussions, not fantasies.  Sadly, tje politicians are no different than Don Quioxte who himself was chasing windmills.

Bob Brinker is a respected financial guy and he said what Obama is doing is simply madness. 

We need to pursue natural gas conversion of vehicles, and nuclear power.

We simply do not have the capacity for electric vehicles.  Additionally, electric vehicles would be charging up using coal plants thereby defeating the entire purpose of the elctric car in the first place.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »
Sanity and reality needs to rule these discussions, not fantasies.  Sadly, tje politicians are no different than Don Quioxte who himself was chasing windmills.

Bob Brinker is a respected financial guy and he said what Obama is doing is simply madness. 

We need to pursue natural gas conversion of vehicles, and nuclear power.

We simply do not have the capacity for electric vehicles.  Additionally, electric vehicles would be charging up using coal plants thereby defeating the entire purpose of the elctric car in the first place.

Are you certain about the energy resources of USA?

Because I am pretty much in the dark, and I don't know the exact numbers by a long shot on my own country.

So is it really that easy to write off the potential of re-newable energy such as water, wind and solar?

I'm primarily thinking about water but also wind.

Btw, all new built houses in Spain have solar panels from what I understand. There is some type of tax break/legislation that has made that possible.

Obviously the houses aren't run entirely on the solar power - at least I don't think so, or at least not throughout the year.

But it shows that with a little creative thinking and the government actually pointing the way the society can save energy and thus become less dependent on oil nations.

You're right about coal power plants btw. If they're the source for electric cars - not much has been accomplished other than a more silent traffic. 8)
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
Are you certain about the energy resources of USA?

Because I am pretty much in the dark, and I don't know the exact numbers by a long shot on my own country.

So is it really that easy to write off the potential of re-newable energy such as water, wind and solar?

I'm primarily thinking about water but also wind.

Btw, all new built houses in Spain have solar panels from what I understand. There is some type of tax break/legislation that has made that possible.

Obviously the houses aren't run entirely on the solar power - at least I don't think so, or at least not throughout the year.

But it shows that with a little creative thinking and the government actually pointing the way the society can save energy and thus become less dependent on oil nations.

You're right about coal power plants btw. If they're the source for electric cars - not much has been accomplished other than a more silent traffic. 8)

That is the discussion as to why we need nuclear power if we are going to move to electric vehicles.  Windmills and solar are not practical and reliable enough to provide sufficient energy for millions and millions of vehicles.  They are great if they can be perfected, but the technoligy is just not there.

This is why I am warning everyone about this cap and trade insanity.  Our electric bills are going to skyrocket because they are not proposing new nuclear plants, but instead, pursuing unreliable means that no not provide enough energy to suit everyones' needs.   

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
We are in so much debt between Bush and Obama's new spending spree...now we are asked for more?  Right now?

Lets get our financial system working again before spending any taxpayor $ right now.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:22 AM »
Why is this racist pedophile still posting here?  ???

I don't know about him being a pedophile?

What do you base that on?
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
We are in so much debt between Bush and Obama's new spending spree...now we are asked for more?  Right now?

Lets get our financial system working again before spending any taxpayor $ right now.

Right.

But there has to be some evolving going on.

Eg, in Australia regular light bulbs are getting banned.

Only low-energy bulbs will be allowed.

That's one way to save huge amounts of money.

Because if the energy spending goes down, the energy prices will go down.

Wave power (getting power from the motion of the ocean) is well developed and has a huge potential. Bigger than solar plants or whatever.

And once USA has a surplus of energy - what's to stop USA from becoming totally independent?

There are already functioning electric cars - there's only a need for charge poles throughout the traffic system of USA.

Once the signal that those types of cars have a future - then GM and Ford will build awesome electric cars IMO.
As empty as paradise

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »
I don't argue the merits of improving energy.  Thats very important, but we have a major crisis right now that requires our full attention and resources just to hopefully get through.
Obama is doing way too much, too quickly.  Its like he has an acedemic agenda but doesn't fully grasp the costs of these massive projects.  This is where I think experience running a business (or a state as a gov) would be helpful.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
Yes! Support alternative fuel cars!! Absolutly! But cut some pointless pork somewhere else to pay for it!

The problem these days isn't that we can't afford to fund good projects, it's that no one in the gvt wants to kill anything that wastes funds. If I want a new set of wheels, I have to cut something else in my personal budget, I can't just get them AND everything sles if I don't have the $$$.

I'm sure Big Oil has something to do with the lack of alternative fuels progress too...

Nuclear is the best energy source there is, but the enviros always kill plans right out of the gate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
"What's to stop USA from becoming totally independent?"

Answer - the politicians.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 08:56:24 AM »
I don't argue the merits of improving energy.  Thats very important, but we have a major crisis right now that requires our full attention and resources just to hopefully get through.
Obama is doing way too much, too quickly.  Its like he has an acedemic agenda but doesn't fully grasp the costs of these massive projects.  This is where I think experience running a business (or a state as a gov) would be helpful.

TBH, I think he's the right man for the job right now.

I am not happy with some of the people on his staff - like Geithner. He hasn't been exactly stellar.

But Obama's the type of leader the world needs to lead USA right now.

I hope he'll get on the offensive at the G20 summit this weekend.

He's certainly been pretty proactive - he's had the "A time for global action" article posted newspapers in several countries today, different languages.

Of course he has to walk the walk as well. But he's been able to build a grassroot support and connection which I think is important.

I'd rather see someone like Krugman as the Treasury, or at least in a counciling position.

My main problem with Obama/Geithner is their lack of willpower when it comes to intervention in the problem banks.

Some guys have posted about it's all being the same with Bush and Obama when it comes to giving away tax dollars to rich bankers.

And I'm inclined to agree.

There's not much real change in how Obama is taking on the banks.

But I still believe he's the best guy for the job.
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 09:01:20 AM »
America could become totally energy independent if coal gasification and shale oil was exploited.
This will never happen with Democrats in power.

Nuclear power will not make the US energy independent most uranium comes from Canada.

America could really cut their energy consumption down if they increased the insulation in their buildings.
Which is 30% of the energy load.

Other ways to reduce the energy usage is to encourage the use of rail to transport goods and people.

The main problem with all green power is the lack of storage.

Energy production and usage is instantaneous which really limits the effects of any green power initiative.

there are many easy ways to reduce energy consumption, there is just a lack of will to do it.

Like how many people would like to see a national speed limit of 55 reintroduced.
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:09 AM »
Oh, Lord.  ::)

If the man would just slow down, not work so hard, and not actually attempt to do the things he campaigned on so quickly! He's just too academic (ie., too smart) to fully grasp how much his agenda costs!

Academics are known to not be able to calculate numbers after all. We were much better off with the MBA president who had own a couple of businesses, weren't we? ::)
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
Oh, Lord.  ::)

If the man would just slow down, not work so hard, and not actually attempt to do the things he campaigned on so quickly! He's just too academic (ie., too smart) to fully grasp how much his agenda costs!

Academics are known to not be able to calculate numbers after all. We were much better off with the MBA president who had own a couple of businesses, weren't we? ::)

Woodrow Wilson is regardeded highly right????????????

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 09:08:05 AM »
Yes! Support alternative fuel cars!! Absolutly! But cut some pointless pork somewhere else to pay for it!

The problem these days isn't that we can't afford to fund good projects, it's that no one in the gvt wants to kill anything that wastes funds. If I want a new set of wheels, I have to cut something else in my personal budget, I can't just get them AND everything sles if I don't have the $$$.

I'm sure Big Oil has something to do with the lack of alternative fuels progress too...

Nuclear is the best energy source there is, but the enviros always kill plans right out of the gate.

Absolutely true.

I love it when you had all these idiots who were pissed about high taxes a few years ago but still didn't want to downsize the military budget or to withdraw from Iraq.

Like the old saying goes: "If you wanna play - you gotta pay"

Once the economy has recovered - taxes has to go up and the government programs has to be downsized. Otherwise you'll have another economic meltdown without money to get you out of it.

Here's a novel idea that wouldn't hurt the average getbigger that much either 8): Raise taxes on tobacco, alcohol, candy and various unhealthy products.

Raise taxes on gas - but lower the tax or get rid of it entirely - on public transportation tickets.

Give out tax benefits to those who buy enviro classed cars - eg if buy a enviro car you're allowed to deduct $2 000 off you tax.

For what reason?

It would make USA more efficient.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »

Absolutely true.

I love it when you had all these idiots who were pissed about high taxes a few years ago but still didn't want to downsize the military budget or to withdraw from Iraq.

Like the old saying goes: "If you wanna play - you gotta pay"

Once the economy has recovered - taxes has to go up and the government programs has to be downsized. Otherwise you'll have another economic meltdown without money to get you out of it.

Here's a novel idea that wouldn't hurt the average getbigger that much either 8): Raise taxes on tobacco, alcohol, candy and various unhealthy products.

Raise taxes on gas - but lower the tax or get rid of it entirely - on public transportation tickets.

Give out tax benefits to those who buy enviro classed cars - eg if buy a enviro car you're allowed to deduct $2 000 off you tax.

For what reason?

It would make USA more efficient.

How about cutting spending and paying down debt ???

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
Woodrow Wilson is regardeded highly right????????????
I know people who spell "regarded" correctly are highly regarded  ::), but what does WW have to do with the fact that GWB was a moron and Obama is brilliant?
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »
How about cutting spending and paying down debt ???
How about getting through an economic crisis prior to worrying about less important concerns? Or do you advocate prolonging the situation?
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 09:17:41 AM »
How about getting through an economic crisis prior to worrying about less important concerns? Or do you advocate prolonging the situation?

Thats funny when Warren Buffet, Krugman, Schiff, J. Welsh, et all are all saying that what Obama is proposing re: card check, cap and trade, highrer taxes, etc are going to hinder, not help the situation.